It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Take that may age poorly:

Jaylon Johnson and Montez Sweat have been overrated by the media and Bears fans. I don't think either player are worth their contracts. People didn't throw away from Johnson because he was great, they did it because Stevenson was a rookie that would give up big plays.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:12 pm 

Has your Bears Boner ever been bigger in your adult life?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:

I may have had a bigger one in 2006. This is as genuinely optimistic I've been about the future of the Bears in my life.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:02 pm 

Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

I may have had a bigger one in 2006. This is as genuinely optimistic I've been about the future of the Bears in my life.

What are your plans when it fails again?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

I'm an optimistic man by nature.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:19 pm 

Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

I'm an optimistic man by nature.

What else do you have :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
My trepidation is that while Poles is doing a good job of acquiring talent, there isn't yet evidence that he is a better team-builder than the guys in Detroit or Green Bay.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
My die-hard Bears peeps all say the same thing, we want to be optimistic, but we've seen this movie before, all depends on finally hitting on a QB, nothing else really matters because we've had a lifetime of watching strong defensive teams win for a year or two but are still waiting for the long-term success you can only get from hitting on a franchise in the draft.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:06 am 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Tall Midget wrote:
My trepidation is that while Poles is doing a good job of acquiring talent, there isn't yet evidence that he is a better team-builder than the guys in Detroit or Green Bay.

That's why I believe it was a no brainer move to trade the pick.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Nas wrote:

Jaylon Johnson and Montez Sweat have been overrated by the media and Bears fans. I don't think either player are worth their contracts. People didn't throw away from Johnson because he was great, they did it because Stevenson was a rookie that would give up big plays.

That’s already a bad take -Jaylon was a good player before this year and so was Sweat.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:05 am 

The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Why? If he’s bad at it no amount of picks will make him good at it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:14 am 
100000 CLUB

NME wrote:
Nas wrote:

That’s already a bad take -Jaylon was a good player before this year and so was Sweat.

Jaylon Johnson has benefitted from having shit or raw corners opposite of him. I said they've been overrated; I didn't say they sucked.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:29 am 

NME wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Because he could have traded down and likely drafted the best player (MHJ) in addition to other players who could help the team. If Caleb Williams is a bust then there is nowhere left to turn. Poles has done a good job rebuilding the team. He just screwed up here. Unfortunately this screw up may be one that he can't recover from.

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:30 am 

Nas wrote:
NME wrote:
Nas wrote:

Jaylon Johnson has benefitted from having shit or raw corners opposite of him. I said they've been overrated; I didn't say they sucked.

I think they’re appropriately rated so we’ll disagree on this.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:34 am 

NME wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Because he good have traded down and likely drafted the best player (MHJ) in addition to other players who could help the team. If Caleb Williams is a bust then there is nowhere left to turn. Poles has done a good job rebuilding the team. He just screwed up here. Unfortunately this screw up may be one that he can't recover from.

I’d rather roll the dice on a potential franchise changing QB than a really good prospect that has to rely on a proven ineffective QB to get him the ball. If he hits on the QB it’s Super Bowl contention every year.. if he hits on a WR and a few other positions it’s maybe playoffs every year.

Go big or go home. If the opportunity presents itself -it’s best to take that opportunity. Fortune favors the bold after all.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:44 am 

NME wrote:
NME wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Because he good have traded down and likely drafted the best player (MHJ) in addition to other players who could help the team. If Caleb Williams is a bust then there is nowhere left to turn. Poles has done a good job rebuilding the team. He just screwed up here. Unfortunately this screw up may be one that he can't recover from.

I’d rather roll the dice on a potential franchise changing QB than a really good prospect that has to rely on a proven ineffective QB to get him the ball. If he hits on the QB it’s Super Bowl contention every year.. if he hits on a WR and a few other positions it’s maybe playoffs every year.

Go big or go home. If the opportunity presents itself -it’s best to take that opportunity. Fortune favors the bold after all.

But as a player/personnel guy you don't have the luxury of "missing" on a number 1 overall pick. You'd better damn well know if he is a franchise guy or not before you draft him. And not talking injuries playing more than I'm talking talent. If injuries prevent Williams from being that dude, then that's one thing. But if he just isn't good then that's Poles' ass. Because like every draft there will be star/superstar players to be found. If he is unable to ID who those guys are even with the #1 overall, then he should be shitcanned.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:54 am 

I don’t disagree with most of that take Ltg. I’m already skeptical of Ryan’s ability to correctly identify and attack certain positions -and yeah, if he fails then he should be gone.

But, where we differ a bit is the QB prospect we’re talking about this time around is the most talented to come out in a few years and has been the consensus #1 overall for a couple years. Ryan isn’t stretching on this pick. Just about anyone sitting at #1 this year is taking him there.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:59 am 

NME wrote:
I don’t disagree with most of that take Ltg. I’m already skeptical of Ryan’s ability to correctly identify and attack certain positions -and yeah, if he fails then he should be gone.

But, where we differ a bit is the QB prospect we’re talking about this time around is the most talented to come out in a few years and has been the consensus #1 overall for a couple years. Ryan isn’t stretching on this pick. Just about anyone sitting at #1 this year is taking him there.

Yeah Williams is the consensus #1 pick and you've got assume it's for a very good reason. I just hope Poles is correct. For what it's worth, there isn't another QB in the draft that I'd take over him. It's just that I find Harrison to be an intriguing prospect and a generational talent at the wideout spot. But great QBs are inherently more valuable than great wideouts thus you have to go with the QB 10 times out of ten if you think both will be great players.

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:05 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:

Johnson and Sweat are very good players, but I agree that both are overpaid. That's what often happens at those positions, though.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:20 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

Johnson and Sweat are very good players, but I agree that both are overpaid. That's what often happens at those positions, though.

Defensive Tackle has gone thru the roof with their pay, I don’t see Kenny Clark playing in Green Bay passed this year. They aren’t going to pay him what he wants.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:41 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:

We can make fun of Green bay all we want, but their rebuild has been incredibly impressive.

If their D Coordinator is any good, we got a problem

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:48 am 
100000 CLUB

The Packers downgraded at running back, and I have no idea what Love is. Their best WR tears his hamstrings monthly.

Edit: I don't trust Goff. I think the Bears could take the North next year and not give it back. I'll have a better feel after the draft.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Nas wrote:
The Packers downgraded at running back, and I have no idea what Love is. Their best WR tears his hamstrings monthly.

Edit: I don't trust Goff. I think the Bears could take the North next year and not give it back. I'll have a better feel after the draft.

The bank does not either. They have the repo man on retainer just in case.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:17 am 

Nas wrote:

Clearly your populating the earth says differently.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:46 am 

If green bay wins the division I will personally host a kegger at hawgs house.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:42 pm 

Nas wrote:

I agree with Seacrest here -the Packers aren’t going anywhere. They’re well coached, and Love looks like he sat just long enough to learn the game the right way. The only way past GB is to beat them.. and to be honest, it’s kind of what I want. The Bears aren’t getting off lightly with the Pack just fading away, Bears have to slay the dragon so to speak.

And I think Williams is just the right QB at just the right time. Imagine putting a dagger in GB’s heart when they’re actually a good team? I want that satisfaction as a fan.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
The move at RB is an upgrade for GB.
Bears didn't force a punt from GB last game.
Other than the fact they are due to beat GB someday I will believe it when I see it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Nas wrote:
NME wrote:
Nas wrote:

Johnson had a wonderful season. He was always around the ball. His one limitation was an inability to intercept passes,however he improved that in the 2nd half of the season and deserved a healthy contract which was consistent for a quality shut down corner. As for Sweat, I think if they gave out an award for Bear's defensive player of the year, it would be him. Most DE'S in the NFL have devolved in either pass rushers or run stoppers and thereful have to be subbed out on many plays. Not SWEAT. He doesn't take plays off like just about every Bear's defensive lineman that I have seen on this team for the last 10-15 years. I think Sweat if mostly responsible for the better play of the Bear's defense in the 2nd half of the season.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

Playing shit teams and shit quarterbacks was the primary reason the defense looked better. They couldn't get a stop when it mattered most of the time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 75  Next