It is currently Mon May 27, 2024 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Clawmaster wrote:
It does seem Williams would be a good point guard type QB, can make some off platform throws and gets the ball out quickly in the short passing game, types of throws Fields struggles with, but are essential in the NFL to move the chains.

Maye is a bigger kid with more of a throw you open type game, you would need to launch all your WRs except Moore because you do not have anyone else that is going win 50/50 balls on the roster, Mooney can't catch a cold at this point and you have absolutely nothing behind him, would like a bigger WR like MHJ, Odunze, Mitchel, or Keon Coleman.

Getting a second or third for Fields would give you a shot at a C, wondering if you could get a second if you package Fields with a late round pick?

What about using Fields to move their second #1 pick higher, especially if they win out? Somebody in the pick 5-7 range isn't going to like any QB besides Maye and Williams, and may be willing to roll with Fields for a year as long as they can stay in the middle of the first round say Fields and the pick around 15 for a pick in 5-7 and then a 4th?

Last edited by Chet Coppock's Fur Coat on Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Caller Bob wrote:
JJ McCarthy can't play. That's why Harbaugh only let's him throw 5-10 times a game.

JJ can play just fine, he’s the most efficient QB in college, has a surprisingly big arm, great size/athleticism combo and plays well within the design of Harbaughs offense. He’s also got plenty of experience (a lot of the top QB’s coming out this year do).

IMO he’s the most interesting of the bunch. That said, coaching matters and he needs to land with the right coach and I may only trust Harbaugh with him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:31 am 

Nas wrote:
First Glance at Quarterback:

1. Drake Maye
2. Caleb Williams
3. JJ McCarthy
4. Bo Nix
5. Quinn Ewers
6. Michael Penix
7. Cameron Ward
8. Jayden Daniels

I don’t know if this is the order you think they’ll go but.. like I told everyone last year with Richardson Daniels will creep into the top 10 maybe top 5 as we get close to the draft. His numbers are great, and his combine/workout numbers will be off the charts.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: John's
NME wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
JJ McCarthy can't play. That's why Harbaugh only let's him throw 5-10 times a game.

JJ can play just fine, he’s the most efficient QB in college, has a surprisingly big arm, great size/athleticism combo and plays well within the design of Harbaughs offense. He’s also got plenty of experience (a lot of the top QB’s coming out this year do).

IMO he’s the most interesting of the bunch. That said, coaching matters and he needs to land with the right coach and I may only trust Harbaugh with him.

I think he's going to get shit on in a couple of days by Alabama.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:37 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
NME wrote:
Nas wrote:

1. Drake Maye
2. Caleb Williams
3. JJ McCarthy
4. Bo Nix
5. Quinn Ewers
6. Michael Penix
7. Cameron Ward
8. Jayden Daniels

I don’t know if this is the order you think they’ll go but.. like I told everyone last year with Richardson Daniels will creep into the top 10 maybe top 5 as we get close to the draft. His numbers are great, and his combine/workout numbers will be off the charts.

That's the order I have them in. I don't want Jayden Daniels near my team. He doesn't have the size, arm, or potential of a Richardson. Richardson is more of a Fields type of player. There's a chance he could be unlocked with the right coaching and experience. I see nothing but a pistol in my mouth if Daniels is the Bears quarterback of the future.

I would have Penix a little higher if he wasn't a lefty.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:41 am 

Nas wrote:
NME wrote:
Nas wrote:

1. Drake Maye
2. Caleb Williams
3. JJ McCarthy
4. Bo Nix
5. Quinn Ewers
6. Michael Penix
7. Cameron Ward
8. Jayden Daniels

That's the order I have them in. I don't want Jayden Daniels near my team. He doesn't have the size, arm, or potential of a Richardson. Richardson is more of a Fields type of player. There's a chance he could be unlocked with the right coaching and experience. I see nothing but a pistol in my mouth if Daniels is the Bears quarterback of the future.

I’m not sure who will pick him tbh, but I will tell you he’ll wind up going high. You can bank on it. He may creep into the top 3 QB’s by draft day because of his physical traits and combine results.

Also, I’m wondering why you think he has weak arm, he’s got plenty of tape that shows otherwise..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:44 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
NME wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I think he's going to get shit on in a couple of days by Alabama.

Georgia got shit on by them. Texas shit on Alabama earlier this year. I think it’s a mistake to make a final judgment on him based on 1 game that no one thinks they can win in the 1st place.

But let me ask you this, does your mind change about him at all if Michigan upsets Bama and JJ plays well or they lose and he plays well?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: John's
I want to see JJ throw more than 10 passes in a game and be the reason they win. Until then he's nothing more than a game manager..5th, 6th round pick.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:46 am 

NME wrote:
Nas wrote:
NME wrote:
Nas wrote:

1. Drake Maye
2. Caleb Williams
3. JJ McCarthy
4. Bo Nix
5. Quinn Ewers
6. Michael Penix
7. Cameron Ward
8. Jayden Daniels

I’m not sure who will pick him tbh, but I will tell you he’ll wind up going high. You can bank on it. He may creep into the top 3 QB’s by draft day because of his physical traits and combine results.

Also, I’m wondering why you think he has weak arm, he’s got plenty of tape that shows otherwise..

That sounds like Raiders....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Herky shut down JJ staring guys from Orion and Cedar Rapids, can only imagine what a legit SEC D full of first round talent will do to him and the smurf running back.

Will be more interested in watching the matchup between the massive and talented Alabama o line and the Michigan D line, that is where the game will be lost for Michigan, they get blown out if Alabama can run the ball early.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:53 am 
100000 CLUB

NME wrote:
Nas wrote:
NME wrote:
Nas wrote:

1. Drake Maye
2. Caleb Williams
3. JJ McCarthy
4. Bo Nix
5. Quinn Ewers
6. Michael Penix
7. Cameron Ward
8. Jayden Daniels

I don't think he has a weak arm, but I think Richardson has a cannon.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:54 am 

There’s going to be plenty of QB desperate teams in the top 10 of the draft this year.. we could see 5 QB’s selected in the top 10. QB’s one wouldn’t think would be considered in the 1st round today will be fallen in love with by several teams by draft day.

This is why I was critical of Poles trading the pick when he did last year -it’s come out that the Texans wanted to swap picks with the Bears last year and I guarantee Carolina would have given up the same haul to get to #2. The Bears could be sitting on 3 #1’s this year if they’d have done the deals like that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:59 am 
100000 CLUB

NME wrote:
There’s going to be plenty of QB desperate teams in the top 10 of the draft this year.. we could see 5 QB’s selected in the top 10. QB’s one wouldn’t think would be considered in the 1st round today will be fallen in love with by several teams by draft day.

This is why I was critical of Poles trading the pick when he did last year -it’s come out that the Texans wanted to swap picks with the Bears last year and I guarantee Carolina would have given up the same haul to get to #2. The Bears could be sitting on 3 #1’s this year if they’d have done the deals like that.

He's said he had the deal made, but the Texans were dragging their feet. It's worked out better because the Panthers would have taken Stroud instead.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:01 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
I want to see JJ throw more than 10 passes in a game and be the reason they win. Until then he's nothing more than a game manager..5th, 6th round pick.

I’m not sure where he’ll be selected but I don’t think he’ll be one of the top 5 QB’s selected this year. I also don’t think he’ll last as long as the 5th or 6th round.

He’s a sleeper imo because he doesn’t have the numbers the other guys do -but if you’ve ever watched Michigan games (especially this year) you’ll see he has a lot of talent and has been coached well. He’s also very experienced. Also, his efficiency is hard to ignore -he’s head and shoulders above everyone else in that category.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:02 am 

Nas wrote:
NME wrote:

He's said he had the deal made, but the Texans were dragging their feet. It's worked out better because the Panthers would have taken Stroud instead.

No way to know if Stroud looks as good with Carolina. As for them dragging their feet -it was weeks before the draft, plenty of time to let that offer breath.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
NME wrote:
Nas wrote:
NME wrote:

No way to know if Stroud looks as good with Carolina. As for them dragging their feet -it was weeks before the draft, plenty of time to let that offer breath.

It's not like the Texans were overflowing with offensive talent when Stroud joined. Pff rated their receivers as the worst in the league during the preseason. Stroud is doing a lot with unheralded talent around him. All the receivers with big numbers this year are because Stroud made them, not the other way around.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:39 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
NME wrote:
Nas wrote:
NME wrote:

It's not like the Texans were overflowing with offensive talent when Stroud joined. Pff rated their receivers as the worst in the league during the preseason. Stroud is doing a lot with unheralded talent around him. All the receivers with big numbers this year are because Stroud made them, not the other way around.

Doesn’t matter, different team, different coaches, different scheme and so on. There’s no guarantee Stroud looks just as good with the Panthers.

I’d also point out that the Texans defense is significantly better than Carolina. Houston is 17th overall in points per game while Carolinas defense is ranked 30th in that category.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
NME wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
NME wrote:
Nas wrote:
NME wrote:

Doesn’t matter, different team, different coaches, different scheme and so on. There’s no guarantee Stroud looks just as good with the Panthers.

I’d also point out that the Texans defense is significantly better than Carolina. Houston is 17th overall in points per game while Carolinas defense is ranked 30th in that category.

Defense performance is also linked to offense performance. When your team keeps giving the ball back to the opposing offense the opposing offense has more chances to score. I don't intend to say Stroud would be exactly the same if he went to Carolina. But he has made something out of nothing in the way young hasn't.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:51 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
NME wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
NME wrote:
Nas wrote:
NME wrote:

Defense performance is also linked to offense performance. When your team keeps giving the ball back to the opposing offense the opposing offense has more chances to score. I don't intend to say Stroud would be exactly the same if he went to Carolina. But he has made something out of nothing in the way young hasn't.

My stance here is there’s no way to know. But Carolina from top to bottom has been terrible while Houston outside of Stroud has appeared competent.

My other stance is that the Bears could have made multiple trades for multiple future 1st rounders which at the time was more ideal.

I’d also point out -to your point- that Houston winds up with Young and maybe just as bad there that we get the #1 overall thru them this year rather than Carolina.. and have multiple 1st round picks this year on top of that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:05 pm 

Young has looked a little better now that Reich is gone.

This was in part a gambling in Casablanca situation. Hire a reasonably well regarded HC with a particular style, then spend draft and player capital replacing your best receiver with a QB who doesn't fit the mold of what the HC works well with. Then everybody is shocked! that it didn't work.

They would have been better off rolling with Andy Dalton and PJ Walker and drafting Tyson Bagent in the 6th round, keeping DJ Moore, and spending the #9 pick on best player available. Now they are forced to start Young for two more seasons and hope he turns into something serviceable and not this generation's Tim Couch.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:08 pm 

He's too little. If he doesn't grow up he will turn into Jordan love at best.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:57 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caleb may not even be running his twitter account. His NIL company may be.

per minute of practice/game-time/effort/wear-and-tear on his body, Caleb could make way more staying and collecting NIL one more year than what he'll make getting his shit pushed in for 24+ weeks (training camp + pre-season + season + playoffs) as a rookie in the NFL.

That's why soon as NIL started JT Daniels put himself on the market every off-season and played for a different college each of his final 3 season. This after Daniels burned 2 years of eligibility as USC's starter as a true freshman + his sophomore season (where he was actually given play calling responsibility).

Then Daniels took advantage of the COVID extra year (2 years?) of eligibility to make bank after transferring to Georgia for his true Junior year. Plays 2 years for Georgia. Jumps in the tran$fer portal, gets paid by West Virginia a nice bonus to transfer there. Plays 1 year at WVU before cashing out with Rice for his 6th/final year of eligibility.

Daniels made so much $$$ in NIL and under the table pre-NIL money he retired from football completely at the end of the season this year and is in talks to buy into an NBA franchise with his NIL/off-the-books college earnings.

Williams entered college in fall 2021, so I don't think he gets a COVID year (or 2, apparently in Daniels case) but would have 1 more year of eligibility to rack up easy-peasy NIL $$$'s playing against 18-20 year old defenders.

Donovan McNabb/Jason Campbell/RGIII/Rex Grossman/Kirk Cousins were Caleb Williams quarterback heroes growing up in Washington DC; Williams has said is lifelong dream is to lead the Redskins to a Super Bowl victory.

There's too much risk involved. The NIL money doesn't touch salary and endorsements and it puts him another year away from his second contract.

Daniels wasn't considered a surefire #1 pick. He doesn't stay in college if he were considered a first round pick.

If Washington stays at #3, I would consider trading the #1 to them. A 2026 #1 would have to be included in the package.

I think I just came in my pants, but I think you mean a 2025 #1.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caleb may not even be running his twitter account. His NIL company may be.

per minute of practice/game-time/effort/wear-and-tear on his body, Caleb could make way more staying and collecting NIL one more year than what he'll make getting his shit pushed in for 24+ weeks (training camp + pre-season + season + playoffs) as a rookie in the NFL.

That's why soon as NIL started JT Daniels put himself on the market every off-season and played for a different college each of his final 3 season. This after Daniels burned 2 years of eligibility as USC's starter as a true freshman + his sophomore season (where he was actually given play calling responsibility).

Then Daniels took advantage of the COVID extra year (2 years?) of eligibility to make bank after transferring to Georgia for his true Junior year. Plays 2 years for Georgia. Jumps in the tran$fer portal, gets paid by West Virginia a nice bonus to transfer there. Plays 1 year at WVU before cashing out with Rice for his 6th/final year of eligibility.

Daniels made so much $$$ in NIL and under the table pre-NIL money he retired from football completely at the end of the season this year and is in talks to buy into an NBA franchise with his NIL/off-the-books college earnings.

Williams entered college in fall 2021, so I don't think he gets a COVID year (or 2, apparently in Daniels case) but would have 1 more year of eligibility to rack up easy-peasy NIL $$$'s playing against 18-20 year old defenders.

Donovan McNabb/Jason Campbell/RGIII/Rex Grossman/Kirk Cousins were Caleb Williams quarterback heroes growing up in Washington DC; Williams has said is lifelong dream is to lead the Redskins to a Super Bowl victory.

There's too much risk involved. The NIL money doesn't touch salary and endorsements and it puts him another year away from his second contract.

Daniels wasn't considered a surefire #1 pick. He doesn't stay in college if he were considered a first round pick.

If Washington stays at #3, I would consider trading the #1 to them. A 2026 #1 would have to be included in the package.

I think I just came in my pants, but I think you mean a 2025 #1.

No, I meant 2026. That's the Arch Manning class. Even if you don't need a quarterback, it wouldn't be bad to luck into another top 5 pick. I don't see the Redskins turning things around in a year.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
We’re in a “just trade for draft picks in perpetuity” cycle.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:12 am 
100000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:

Having multiple first round picks is better than what we experienced under Pace.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:59 am 

NME wrote:
Any time you can get a quarterback who was trusted to throw 28 total passes for 208 yards in the two games they played against elite competition you have to take him.

A first round QB goes out and lights up Alabama. Will Harbaugh let him throw it though?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:10 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Somewhat encouraged by Poles draft picks thus far, looks as if he has drafted 2-3 starters in each of his first two draft classes with a few potential pro bowl players and numerous NFL depth players. Still waiting for him to draft a playmaker on offense, and of course your primary playmaker is your QB, so he will have another shot at that, but think he should be able to draft a WR that will be a tremendous upgrade over Mooney at WR2 in this draft.

He's had one big hit in the trade market, one big miss, and has been average at best in free agency.

He's done a good job rebuilding the defense, a decent job shoring up what was a terrible offensive line, and has added one stud WR, would like to have done more last year in free agency, not sure what they held onto so much cap space, but he gets another shot at signing a top level guy this year.

The QB decision has been put off for a year, but that decision is what will make or break him as the Bears GM, get it right and he's here for another 5-10 years, get it wrong and he's likely gone if they crap the bed again early next season.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:18 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Not to mention the loooming stadium project and the presumed need to sell a bunch of PSLs. I can imagine the potential PSL buyers are getting tired of rebuilds and jockeying for draft position. It is critical that he (or his successor) and Warren right the culture.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:22 pm 

Brick wrote:
NME wrote:
Any time you can get a quarterback who was trusted to throw 28 total passes for 208 yards in the two games they played against elite competition you have to take him.

A first round QB goes out and lights up Alabama. Will Harbaugh let him throw it though?

I don’t think JJ will be in the top 5 QB’s selected this year. He should be available in the 2nd or 3rd round. Having watched him multiple times the past two seasons I think he’s intriguing because he has all the physical talent to put up bigger numbers. If the Bears decide to keep Fields, draft Harrison Jr with their 1st pick and go with say a top defensive player with their 2nd pick.. grabbing a guy like McCarthy in the 3rd round and letting him sit for a year while they give Fields one more chance is an option.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Nas wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:

Having multiple first round picks is better than what we experienced under Pace.

yea that's better than perpetually trading them away for shit :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 75  Next