It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Normal people: Fields is average to below average as a QB based on QBR and other advanced and conventional metrics.

Fields cult: Yeah but he is H1M!

Normal people: what? All I'm saying is the statistics paint a bleak picture of his overall production level 39 games into his career.

Fields cult: Yeah but he is Houdini!

I've been thinking about this. Maybe it's because now and then he makes a jaw dropping sensational play. If an anti-Fields guy like myself goes"WOW", imagine what a cultist is thinking.

Yeah, he gives everyone something to cling to. He probably makes a "WOW" play with his legs every game. You occasionally see some "WOW" throws that he makes downfield as well. There's a lot of suckage and mediocrity mixed in between those plays. Enough to make you avoid gambling on him when you have the top pick in a quarterback rich draft.

I agree with Nardi: People love him because he makes a few cool and one or two spectacular plays per game. The irony, though, is that he is forced to make those spectacular plays because he is unable to make easier plays that could have equal or greater impact. His apparent greatness, then, is a product of his incompetence.

What a LAME ASSED and PITIFUL assessment. Shake yourself and wake us up when you can return to making sensible thoughts. A great athlete who has the ability to create first downs with incredible physical talent is somehow unable to make a simple play? How fucking stupid can you be to actually say absolute crap like that? That isn't the way things work in the real world. People who have a difficult time doing simple physical things do not have the capacity to do great feats of athleticism. You obviously have never played a sport at a high level to actually believe the crap that you are telling us.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:30 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Wow, so Fields is going to be the best quarterback in football next year, incredible progress.

He absolutely will have a shot at it with the improvements expected to the team.

You said All Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Normal people: Fields is average to below average as a QB based on QBR and other advanced and conventional metrics.

Normal people: what? All I'm saying is the statistics paint a bleak picture of his overall production level 39 games into his career.

I've been thinking about this. Maybe it's because now and then he makes a jaw dropping sensational play. If an anti-Fields guy like myself goes"WOW", imagine what a cultist is thinking.

Yeah, he gives everyone something to cling to. He probably makes a "WOW" play with his legs every game. You occasionally see some "WOW" throws that he makes downfield as well. There's a lot of suckage and mediocrity mixed in between those plays. Enough to make you avoid gambling on him when you have the top pick in a quarterback rich draft.

I agree with Nardi: People love him because he makes a few cool and one or two spectacular plays per game. The irony, though, is that he is forced to make those spectacular plays because he is unable to make easier plays that could have equal or greater impact. His apparent greatness, then, is a product of his incompetence.

:lol: This dude eviscerates the Fields IS H!M !!!bullshit. Unless of course , you think Sam Darnold is too

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:54 pm 

Hawk, honest question, do you believe that Fields has the ability to throw a receiver open on a somewhat consistent basis, if so, can you show me examples?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
The Hawk wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

What a LAME ASSED and PITIFUL assessment. Shake yourself and wake us up when you can return to making sensible thoughts. A great athlete who has the ability to create first downs with incredible physical talent is somehow unable to make a simple play? How fucking stupid can you be to actually say absolute crap like that? That isn't the way things work in the real world. People who have a difficult time doing simple physical things do not have the capacity to do great feats of athleticism. You obviously have never played a sport at a high level to actually believe the crap that you are telling us.

A lot of his spectacular plays are made with his feet, not his arm. He is a spectacular scrambler and runner, but he remains deficient in the passing game. He has started around 40 NFL games but has thrown for 230+ yards in only 6 of them. As a point of comparison, Davis Mills had six such games in 2022 alone.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The Fields Cult will hate this article.

"Chicago doesn’t have to settle for a quarterback whose nadir is Zach Wilson and whose ceiling after three seasons is Jalen Hurts on a bad day. "

https://deadspin.com/justin-fields-cale ... 1851134896

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Nas wrote:

"Chicago doesn’t have to settle for a quarterback whose nadir is Zach Wilson and whose ceiling after three seasons is Jalen Hurts on a bad day. "

Here’s a spicy take from that column: “To date, Fields’ performances have been more akin to a poor man’s Kyler Murray.

Last edited by Minooka Meatball on Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Typical all or nothing deadspin article. He admits it's a QB rich draft but acts like it's Caleb or bust and that if the Bears pass on him they're stuck, STUCK, giving Fields a 5th year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Nardi wrote:
Typical all or nothing deadspin article. He admits it's a QB rich draft but acts like it's Caleb or bust and that if the Bears pass on him they're stuck, STUCK, giving Fields a 5th year.

TBF, he did mention “or Drake Maye” in parentheses later in the column.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:24 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Wow, so Fields is going to be the best quarterback in football next year, incredible progress.

He absolutely will have a shot at it with the improvements expected to the team.

You said All Pro

What is your point? Yeah. I think that Fields has a chance to be a great quarterback. You have to have great talent to be a great quarterback and Fields has that so he's got a chance. Maybe(probably not:)! Who the hell cares? Let's say he doesn't make all-pro? So what?

MY POINT IS SIMPLE.....IT IS ALL JUST BULLSHIT OPINION!!!! DEAL WITH IT?????? :bom: :bom:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

Somebody broke character.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

A lot of his spectacular plays are made with his feet, not his arm. He is a spectacular scrambler and runner, but he remains deficient in the passing game. He has started around 40 NFL games but has thrown for 230+ yards in only 6 of them. As a point of comparison, Davis Mills had six such games in 2022 alone.

Davis Mills is H1M!

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Nas wrote:

confused, wanna join the Justin Fields Hate Club (JFHC) but it's Deadspin, oh well, at least we can avoid giving them clicks

Counterpoint:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:40 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Last I heard, getting away from tacklers and/or pass rushers, mostly entails running strength and ability Are you aying that he doesn't have a strong and accurate arm? I disagree with that assessment then. As for your point of comparison, WHO IS DAVIS MILLS? Are you telling me that someone named Davis Mills should be the next Bear's qb?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:10 am 

The Hawk wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Penix is certainly an intriguing prospect. He sees the field better than Fields, throws the deep ball at least as well as Fields, and is better on short routes. His body may also be held together with glue and popsicle sticks.

Several of his throws last night are picks in the NFL, but all the college dudes will face a steep learning curve when they reach the NFL.

Caller Bob could throw for 4,000 yards with the running game you already have if you draft MHJ and shore up the center position, you almost QB proof the roster if you add a guy like MHJ.

The Bobster is not exactly a threat in the running game, so you would become a pocket passing team, and he's a bit frail so you have to get the ball out quickly to avoid him taking any type of hit, but I can already see him drawing up plays in the dirt, telling MHJ just to run to a spot and the Bobinator chucking a wounded duck up that MHJ snags out of the air between four defenders.

See a minimum 8-peat with that lineup.

Depending on what Minnesota does at QB, Fields will either be the worst or second-to-worst QB in the division if the Bears bring him back next year. That's not good enough.

Fields will bean all-pro next season as the Bears race toward a Super Bowl.

You already predicted he would make the Pro Bowl this season. He's going to finish with the 22nd or 23rd best QBR in the league. Why is there any reason to believe he'll be an All Pro next season?

I do not believe that I predicted he would make the Pro Bowl this season. I do believe he will next year. With the likely additions of two very good receivers and upgrades to the offensive line (T and C) and the defensive line (DE and DT), this team will be the best team in the NLC and a Super Bowl contender.

Why stop there. With upgrades to the #4 and #5 receivers, good to great signings at the P and backup FB positions, significant investments in a retractable ceiling at soldier field, multiple sod and soil upgrades at all practice facilities، and significant popcorn and peanut vendor upgrades, we're likely to see Fields double his career 300 passing games sometime in the next two years.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:52 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
The Hawk wrote:
Last I heard, getting away from tacklers and/or pass rushers, mostly entails running strength and ability Are you aying that he doesn't have a strong and accurate arm? I disagree with that assessment then. As for your point of comparison, WHO IS DAVIS MILLS? Are you telling me that someone named Davis Mills should be the next Bear's qb?

Fields has great escapability, yet he also has the highest sack rate among NFL starting QBs over the past three years. He has a strong and accurate arm, yet he ranks 30th in QBR, 29th in yards/attempt, and has thrown for 230+ yards only 6 times in his entire career. He's also last in the NFL in time/pass since he entered the league.

Last year, Davis Mills was one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL while playing for the league's second-worst team and has been replaced in the starting lineup by C.J. Stroud. Yet even he managed to amass as many games with 230+ yards passing in 17 starts as Fields has in 38 starts.

Fields is not a future All-Pro. He's just a below average QB who has interspersed some great plays with many more bad ones. He is occasionally transcendent but consistently mediocre.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:00 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Caleb Williams give me a Russel Wilson type vibe, read a few of the quotes from the USC players and they confirmed what you see when you watch him play, it's all about him and he is not a good teammate. Do see him falling on a few draft sites, one site has him behind Maye and Daniels.

Could you con the team drafting at #2 into ponying up picks to move up to draft Williams? The Draft Trade Value Chart has #1 pick at 3,000 points and #2 at 2,600, so it would supposedly require a mid to late 2nd round pick or a combination of 3rd/4th round picks to move up. Would be worth at least kicking the tires and see if you could get, could see Washington trying to make a splash and overpaying.

Do think you need to get Odunze, Thomas, or Nabors with your second first, but there are several teams picking in the 10-15 slots that you could trade back with and maybe get another second or third, the WR class is deep and you can find good prospects in the second and even third round.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:59 am 

if we started the season saying the bears will win 8 games while justin would be sitting out 5 games we would say that would be a wonderful season.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:09 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Caleb Williams give me a Russel Wilson type vibe, read a few of the quotes from the USC players and they confirmed what you see when you watch him play, it's all about him and he is not a good teammate. Do see him falling on a few draft sites, one site has him behind Maye and Daniels.

The way he carries himself and the quotes from the USC players are concerning. And also the fact that he looked worse this year than last year. Last year he looked like a no brainer 1st pick and a franchise guy in the NFL.

Now there are definitely cracks in the foundation.

I am glad I am not making the decision on all of this. It is so hard to read all of these things.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:17 am 

RFDC wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

The way he carries himself and the quotes from the USC players are concerning. And also the fact that he looked worse this year than last year. Last year he looked like a no brainer 1st pick and a franchise guy in the NFL.

I am glad I am not making the decision on all of this. It is so hard to read all of these things.

Not hard at all bro. Here's what it is:

Case against your current QB:

Bad QBR
Bad at throwing on time
Bad at throwing to open receivers
Bad at reading

Case for current QB
Rushing
He is H1M

Super easy call

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:28 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Not hard at all bro. Here's what it is:

Case against your current QB:

Bad QBR
Bad at throwing on time
Bad at throwing to open receivers
Bad at reading

Case for current QB
Rushing
He is H1M

Super easy call

I was not speaking about Fields. Personally I am ready to move on. I agree with pretty much everything TM has said about him over this season.

I am speaking about deciding what QB to pick in this years draft.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: John's
I don't get the Jayden Daniels hype..he's also old as fuck(like Nix and Penix) and didn't have a really good season till this year. After 4,5,6 years of college you expect these guys to dominate at some point.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:38 am 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
I don't get the Jayden Daniels hype..he's also old as fuck(like Nix and Penix) and didn't have a really good season till this year. After 4,5,6 years of college you expect these guys to dominate at some point.

Yeah, he's not Lamar Jackson. He's a fast toothpick.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:52 am 

Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Yeah, he's not Lamar Jackson. He's a fast toothpick.

He was amazing this year is all I know.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: What??
IkeSouth wrote:
if we started the season saying the bears will win 8 games while justin would be sitting out 5 games we would say that would be a wonderful season.

Bears would have the #1 AND #2 if they had the Eagles schedule.

I guess let's see how they do against GB. It would be their 2nd signature win of the season.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Can you have a signature win against a .500 team?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:32 pm 

I hear each of the Bears options for this off season and they all have their merits.

However, I always return to the point that as of now, I'm fine with Fields on a rookie/5th year deal. I don't want to pay him.

Now, I know he may provide further clarity in year 4 and 5, so trading the #1 could be the way to go. On the other hand, I don't fear moving on if someone is willing to give a #1 for him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

Josh Lucas says any improvement anyone has seen from Fields is entirely related to his offensive line's excellent blocking , DJ Moore, and an elite defense. He says MANY of Fields' elite plays come from his inability to see the field and process quickly.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:41 pm 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
I hear each of the Bears options for this off season and they all have their merits.

However, I always return to the point that as of now, I'm fine with Fields on a rookie/5th year deal. I don't want to pay him.

Now, I know he may provide further clarity in year 4 and 5, so trading the #1 could be the way to go. On the other hand, I don't fear moving on if someone is willing to give a #1 for him.

People don't seem to consider that the Bears may be fine with him on a rookie 5th year deal as well. They really don't have to do anything with him except pick up the 5th year option.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

People don't seem to consider that the Bears may be fine with him on a rookie 5th year deal as well. They really don't have to do anything with him except pick up the 5th year option.

I think most understand it. Outside of believing in the "drop a quarterback in" approach to team building, it doesn’t make sense when you have the top pick in a quarterback rich draft.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 75  Next