It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:31 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
NME wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Packers downgraded at running back, and I have no idea what Love is. Their best WR tears his hamstrings monthly.

Edit: I don't trust Goff. I think the Bears could take the North next year and not give it back. I'll have a better feel after the draft.

I agree with Seacrest here -the Packers aren’t going anywhere. They’re well coached, and Love looks like he sat just long enough to learn the game the right way. The only way past GB is to beat them.. and to be honest, it’s kind of what I want. The Bears aren’t getting off lightly with the Pack just fading away, Bears have to slay the dragon so to speak.

And I think Williams is just the right QB at just the right time. Imagine putting a dagger in GB’s heart when they’re actually a good team? I want that satisfaction as a fan.

THIS

Still pissed about that pass to Cobb in 2013

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
NME wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Packers downgraded at running back, and I have no idea what Love is. Their best WR tears his hamstrings monthly.

Edit: I don't trust Goff. I think the Bears could take the North next year and not give it back. I'll have a better feel after the draft.

I agree with Seacrest here -the Packers aren’t going anywhere. They’re well coached, and Love looks like he sat just long enough to learn the game the right way. The only way past GB is to beat them.. and to be honest, it’s kind of what I want. The Bears aren’t getting off lightly with the Pack just fading away, Bears have to slay the dragon so to speak.

And I think Williams is just the right QB at just the right time. Imagine putting a dagger in GB’s heart when they’re actually a good team? I want that satisfaction as a fan.

I'm with you

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:08 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:53 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Seacrest wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
My trepidation is that while Poles is doing a good job of acquiring talent, there isn't yet evidence that he is a better team-builder than the guys in Detroit or Green Bay.

We can make fun of Green bay all we want, but their rebuild has been incredibly impressive.

If their D Coordinator is any good, we got a problem

Could not find two more radically different approaches to roster construction than the Packers and the Bears under Ryan Pace.

Packers valued draft picks and often picked interior lineman in the first three rounds.

It has taken Poles several years to undo the damage done by the Ryan Pace trade draft picks/overpay for FA's approach.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:55 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Nas wrote:
Playing shit teams and shit quarterbacks was the primary reason the defense looked better. They couldn't get a stop when it mattered most of the time.

And maybe I am misremembering but didn't MANY of Johnson's interceptions come at either garbage time or on incredibly bad passes?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:55 am 

Nas wrote:
NME wrote:
Nas wrote:

I'm with you

Likewise.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:03 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
a genius wrote:
Nas wrote:
Playing shit teams and shit quarterbacks was the primary reason the defense looked better. They couldn't get a stop when it mattered most of the time.

And maybe I am misremembering but didn't MANY of Johnson's interceptions come at either garbage time or on incredibly bad passes?

That is the nature of Eberflus's bumslaying defensive scheme. It's the best system ever against mediocre or worse teams, but it is hapless and hopeless against good offensive teams like Green Bay.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:15 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Tall Midget wrote:
a genius wrote:
Nas wrote:

That is the nature of Eberflus's bumslaying defensive scheme. It's the best system ever against mediocre or worse teams, but it is hapless and hopeless against good offensive teams like Green Bay.

If you have a bit of football acumen you will understand the weak points of a base Cover-2 and will see right away if the opposing QB is able to exploit said weaknesses.

Have to have a QB that can make accurate and on time throws, it will be a perfect D against Justin Fields.

The hope will aways be that you get enough pressure, preferably from your three tech to force the QB to miss the known openings in the zone.

The best example of this was several years ago against Atlanta where Matt Ryan hit the 15-20 yard out repeatedly and marched the Falcons into field goal range in less than a minute.

A great example of a QB missing these shots was in last years Atlanta game where the journeyman jabroni QB's missed open guys early in the game and tossed a few picks on errant throws.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Deep insights, ClawGPT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:31 am 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Nas wrote:
NME wrote:
Nas wrote:

I'm with you

Totally underrating GB which has been the Bear's mind set ever since Ditka left the scene. I hate Green bay with every fiber of my sports mindset. I also hate Wisconsin and the dopes who populate the place.

That being said. I think that disrespecting Jordan Love is stupid. He is proven as a very good well coached quarterback. Best certainly in the Bear's division although that isn't saying much. I also know that the Lions have thebest coach in the division. He has a good team and it busts their asses for him. Eberflush had that going for him in the 2nd half of the year but just didn't have the players. WE will see how the draft goes but expecting Williams to be as good as GB and the Lions qb is a fantasy.

I will wait until the completion of the draft before I predict next season so we will see what happens.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:23 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
a genius wrote:
Nas wrote:

How many damned times has a Bear's team have placed their opponent in a 3rd and relatively long situation and gone into their "prevent" defense and have had the opponent get the first down? Not just this team but the team's prior to this one. I guess it is the STUPID MINDSET OF THE GHOST OF DICK JAURON OR SOME OTHER FAILED BEAR'S COACHING FAILURE, EH?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:05 am 
100000 CLUB

Tyson Bagent says Super Bowl.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:50 am 

Nas wrote:
Tyson Bagent says Super Bowl.

Get ready for quite a bit of play this season, Tyson. :wink: :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

a genius wrote:

What's a realistic cost to move up to #4 or #5 to land one of these two?

#9 and ??? Is a 2nd (2025) and a 4th (2025) enough or would they have to give up a 1st for next year?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
BD wrote:
a genius wrote:

#9 and ??? Is a 2nd (2025) and a 4th (2025) enough or would they have to give up a 1st for next year?

I most definitely would not trade next year’s 1st rounder to move up four spots. I would accept throwing in one of the seconds and maybe one of the sixths.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

The 5th spot is the only trade up option. The 4th is a trade up spot for a quarterback teams. The 5th would likely cost both 2025 second round picks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

Minooka Meatball wrote:
BD wrote:
a genius wrote:

I most definitely would not trade next year’s 1st rounder to move up four spots. I would accept throwing in one of the seconds and maybe one of the sixths.

According to the draft pick trade chart, the 5th pick is worth 1700 points and 9th pick is 1350. A 1st round pick between 17-22 is around ~900 points. A 2nd round pick can range from 340 (bottom of 2nd) to 580 (top of 2nd) and a 4th rounder is between 45-90 points.

Based on this, I think my initial offer is within the range of that chart.

I think the Bears may get a compensatory pick for Mooney (not sure) and they could get a 4th if Fields plays 51% of snaps in Pittsburgh. With Carolina's 2nd round pick, they do have the ability to do something like this without eating into their own picks next year.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
The 5th spot is the only trade up option. The 4th is a trade up spot for a quarterback teams. The 5th would likely cost both 2025 second round picks.

That's probably true, but I don't think the Bears are trading the 9th pick and both 2nd rounders. That would be a massive overpay.

Obviously depends on how much of what we are hearing on McCarthy is true and if a team like Minnesota is willing to make that big move up the board.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
BD wrote:
I don't think the Bears are trading the 9th pick and both 2nd rounders. That would be a massive overpay.

Is it a massive overpay to get someone who many consider THE best and can’t miss prospect in the draft? A receiver who many compare to Randy Moss. I don’t think so.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

I just can't see the Chargers passing on pairing MHJ for with Herbert. I definitely can't see them doing it without an overpay.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I don’t want them to dump a bunch of draft picks for something shiny.

They have the 9th pick. They still have holes on the roster. Even when they fill those holes they’ll need depth.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
All in with the Vegas chips for LGB T QB1 & Marvin Jr.

Let’s Gooooo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I don’t want them to dump a bunch of draft picks for something shiny.

They have the 9th pick. They still have holes on the roster. Even when they fill those holes they’ll need depth.

If they believe Marvin Harrison Jr is a HoF receiver, I'm fine with trading the draft capital. Those guys don't come around often. I don't think the Bears have a lot of holes. They could still fill holes with their 3rd and 4th pick and in post draft free agency.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:19 pm 

“The locker room will never recover from the Fields trade.”

The locker room:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

HUGE!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Nas wrote:
HUGE!

Huge Johnson?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
HUGE!

Huge Johnson?

Massive!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Caller Bob wrote:
All in with the Vegas chips for LGB T QB1 & Marvin Jr.

Let’s Gooooo

Let's GOOOOO!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:13 pm 

You can’t stop Kevin Warren’s army of executive women:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next