It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
You can’t stop Kevin Warren’s army of executive women:

Why would you promote your HR manager after you had to fire two coaching staff members last year due to an apparent total lack of initial HR control?

Does this type of stuff gain the team more fans? Does a non-football fan read this and all of a sudden decide to start going to games? Kevin Warren must have a ton of down time during his day to come up with these creative feel-good job titles.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:21 am 

he's creating a wall between him and accountability

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:25 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
good dolphin wrote:
he's creating a wall between him and accountability

Yep! These are are the Honey Bears.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:36 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Clawmaster wrote:

Why would you promote your HR manager after you had to fire two coaching staff members last year due to an apparent total lack of initial HR control?

Does this type of stuff gain the team more fans? Does a non-football fan read this and all of a sudden decide to start going to games? Kevin Warren must have a ton of down time during his day to come up with these creative feel-good job titles.

WTF does that even mean?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:50 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Seacrest wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

WTF does that even mean?

He's saying these broads are going to get in the way and overstep their lines and players will be hanging pictures, putting knick knack tables together, and going to counseling for putting their fist through the drywall.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:19 am 
Site Admin

Nardi wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

WTF does that even mean?

He's saying these broads are going to get in the way and overstep their lines and players will be hanging pictures, putting knick knack tables together, and going to counseling for putting their fist through the drywall.

I think he was saying that HR should have known about two coaches and their personal issues before they were even hired.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ron Wolfley wrote:
BD wrote:
I don't think the Bears are trading the 9th pick and both 2nd rounders. That would be a massive overpay.

Is it a massive overpay to get someone who many consider THE best and can’t miss prospect in the draft? A receiver who many compare to Randy Moss. I don’t think so.

For that price tag? They may feel like Harrison is the best player in the draft. That's a long way away of saying they know he will be the next Randy Moss. There's still risk in any prospect. I don't think they will trade up, but if they do, I'd be shocked if they mortgaged so much of their 2025 draft

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Bears #9 pick is essentially the #5 pick because of the likely run on quarterbacks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
BD wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
BD wrote:
I don't think the Bears are trading the 9th pick and both 2nd rounders. That would be a massive overpay.

Is it a massive overpay to get someone who many consider THE best and can’t miss prospect in the draft? A receiver who many compare to Randy Moss. I don’t think so.

For that price tag? They may feel like Harrison is the best player in the draft. That's a long way away of saying they know he will be the next Randy Moss. There's still risk in any prospect. I don't think they will trade up, but if they do, I'd be shocked if they mortgaged so much of their 2025 draft

Plus their pass catchers are arguably the strongest group on the team. I’d like Harrison but guys like him are rarely the difference in winning super bowls.

If they’re going to stretch on another skill guy I’d almost rather they take Bowers.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:45 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

WTF does that even mean?

I think he was saying that HR should have known about two coaches and their personal issues before they were even hired.

Yes it was obvious. As you already knew.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

BD wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
BD wrote:

Plus their pass catchers are arguably the strongest group on the team. I’d like Harrison but guys like him are rarely the difference in winning super bowls.

If they’re going to stretch on another skill guy I’d almost rather they take Bowers.

Respectfully, I think we're overstating how good Allen and Moore are because our receivers usually suck. They're not on the same level as a Chase and Higgins or a Jefferson and Addison. Plus, Allen is older. They're top 15-20ish WRs. If you want a young quarterback to have sustained success, you have to get him a stud. I'm fine with Bowers, but if they take a shot for Harrison Jr, I'm unlikely to complain.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
So who's the president of people and culture?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
billypootons wrote:
So who's the president of people and culture?

IkeSouth. A master of prose, politically correct, and universally admired.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:52 am 

Nardi wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

WTF does that even mean?

Not a bunch of MENSA members here, but your HR managers are in charge of developing/enforcing workplace policies, even the simpletons that post here must realize that the coaches behavior was well known and likely had been going on for a significant period of time which means there were ample opportunities to address these behaviors.

You must all realize that workplace policies addressing appropriate internet and social media behavior are constantly evolving, based on how this went down it seems the Bears were slow to address the initial behavior and then sent out the HC to awkwardly explain why the coaches were fired. In most real world work places you would HR, PR, Risk Management, and legal discuss the appropriate way to address this and have the organizations President or Senior management develop a coherent statement.

So in essence there were poor HR controls in place and an even worse explanation of the issue from a very public company that should know better, you would expect your senior HR manager to lead process.

Continue to find it odd how disconnected from the real world many board members are here, very similar to Kamala Harris in their lack of understanding of the world.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:41 am 

Warren has a harem of new executive vp, all promoted to the highest level they have achieved in their lives.

Watch your back ladies.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:46 am 
100000 CLUB

I think you meant, "Don't scrap your knees, ladies."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:54 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Clawmaster wrote:
Continue to find it odd how disconnected from the real world many board members are here, very similar to Kamala Harris in their lack of understanding of the world.

Thanks for setting us straight, ClawGTP!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:31 am 
Site Admin

Nardi wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

WTF does that even mean?

Clawmaster wrote:
Not a bunch of MENSA members here, but your HR managers are in charge of developing/enforcing workplace policies, even the simpletons that post here must realize that the coaches behavior was well known and likely had been going on for a significant period of time which means there were ample opportunities to address these behaviors.

You must all realize that workplace policies addressing appropriate internet and social media behavior are constantly evolving, based on how this went down it seems the Bears were slow to address the initial behavior and then sent out the HC to awkwardly explain why the coaches were fired. In most real world work places you would HR, PR, Risk Management, and legal discuss the appropriate way to address this and have the organizations President or Senior management develop a coherent statement.

So in essence there were poor HR controls in place and an even worse explanation of the issue from a very public company that should know better, you would expect your senior HR manager to lead process.

It doesn't take a MENSA member, yourself excluded of course, to know that the development of policy is something entirely different from the control of said policy. If the rumors about Williams are true, then then control was an Eberflus issue, and he was fired based upon breaking policy properly set by HR. And the same would be true of the second coach as well.

So HR set policy.
HR followed through on set policy
People were let go for breaking HR's set policy

But it's HR's fault they didn't control the coaches behavior?

That's an alternative reality for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Nas wrote:
I think you meant, "Don't scrap your knees, ladies."

What a bad assessment and hateful representation of the worth of women you have. What the hell is wrong with you anyway?

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Bears are better without him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:30 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

The real world involves HR.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
a genius wrote:

Don't worry. I'm sure there will be other Packers cast-offs for the Bears to sign.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:17 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
BD wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
BD wrote:

Respectfully, I think we're overstating how good Allen and Moore are because our receivers usually suck. They're not on the same level as a Chase and Higgins or a Jefferson and Addison. Plus, Allen is older. They're top 15-20ish WRs. If you want a young quarterback to have sustained success, you have to get him a stud. I'm fine with Bowers, but if they take a shot for Harrison Jr, I'm unlikely to complain.

For next season, I don't think its unreasonable to be optimistic on the Allen/Moore combo, but it's a matter of time before Allen declines and it could be next season.

Getting another weapon that is homegrown protects against Allen regression and leverage against overpaying him. I do think Allen/Poles will work out a deal, but interesting to see if Poles thinks WR could be less of a priority if they see Allen having 2 more productive years.

I do think they will go either OT or WR at 9, this is all about getting Williams comfortable and they will look to do that with pick #9.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:25 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Odd replies from odd men, but you really cannot have a serious discussion of anything McKaskey on the board as you get the usual collection of goofs consistently defending one of the worst run franchises in the NFL.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:46 pm 

You must realize that an NFL head coach is obviously not monitoring the search histories of his coaches, but let's go with your odd take that NFL head coaches are doing HR work.

Must be interesting to sit down with Andy Reid to fill out your insurance and retirement paperwork, "Hey coach Seacrest, I see you failed to name your daughter as a beneficiary, well thank you coach Reid for pointing that out", the entire notion is so silly it almost made me laugh out loud.

The reality is that most NFL head coaches would ignore almost anything from coaches and players if the player or coach if the head coach felt they were valuable.

Most organizations block access to porn and even shopping sites on company networks, this behavior was likely noted early, but not acted upon, but this is the same mom and pop organization that continues to allow incompetent family members make terrible hiring decisions over and over again, so not surprising that level of incompetence would permeate throughout the entire organization.

Do enjoy reading the Hub like efforts to defend one of the worst run organizations in professional athletics.

You even got the resident board troglodyte Caller Bob on the "right side of history"...keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:26 pm 
Site Admin

Clawmaster wrote:
You must realize that an NFL head coach is obviously not monitoring the search histories of his coaches, but let's go with your odd take that NFL head coaches are doing HR work.

Must be interesting to sit down with Andy Reid to fill out your insurance and retirement paperwork, "Hey coach Seacrest, I see you failed to name your daughter as a beneficiary, well thank you coach Reid for pointing that out", the entire notion is so silly it almost made me laugh out loud.

The reality is that most NFL head coaches would ignore almost anything from coaches and players if the player or coach if the head coach felt they were valuable.

Most organizations block access to porn and even shopping sites on company networks, this behavior was likely noted early, but not acted upon, but this is the same mom and pop organization that continues to allow incompetent family members make terrible hiring decisions over and over again, so not surprising that level of incompetence would permeate throughout the entire organization.

Do enjoy reading the Hub like efforts to defend one of the worst run organizations in professional athletics.

You even got the resident board troglodyte Caller Bob on the "right side of history"...keep up the good work!

So now you believe that it's HR's job to monitor internet searches? Seriously. :lol: :lol:

And if that wasn't rich enough, now it likely happened that there was porn issues with the coaches that there is zero evidence of, but HR should have checked internet logs for that too?

GTFO here with this nonsense. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Clawmaster wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Odd replies from odd men, but you really cannot have a serious discussion of anything McKaskey on the board as you get the usual collection of goofs consistently defending one of the worst run franchises in the NFL.

What were those coaches involved in? It was never spelled out to my knowledge. Anyone really know?

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

BD wrote:
Nas wrote:
BD wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
BD wrote:

For next season, I don't think its unreasonable to be optimistic on the Allen/Moore combo, but it's a matter of time before Allen declines and it could be next season.

Getting another weapon that is homegrown protects against Allen regression and leverage against overpaying him. I do think Allen/Poles will work out a deal, but interesting to see if Poles thinks WR could be less of a priority if they see Allen having 2 more productive years.

I do think they will go either OT or WR at 9, this is all about getting Williams comfortable and they will look to do that with pick #9.

I've been trying to make sense of things. I don't think Poles trusts his guards. When both are locked in, they're really good, but both are rarely locked in or healthy. I don't think it's unreasonable to question the year round commitment of Jenkins or Davis. I can see Poles sliding Wright or Jones inside. I think Wright would be the most likely candidate. Pressure up the middle kills any quarterback. Poles believes he addressed center.

I think the Bears will trade down unless Alt or Harrison Jr are there. They'll target Latham, Fuaga, Verse, or Olu after trading down. They'll use their acquired 2nd round pick to address receiver. This season is all about giving Caleb the foundation he needs for future success.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:17 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
a genius wrote:

But run blocking will suffer!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

I've been trying to make sense of things. I don't think Poles trusts his guards. When both are locked in, they're really good, but both are rarely locked in or healthy. I don't think it's unreasonable to question the year round commitment of Jenkins or Davis. I can see Poles sliding Wright or Jones inside. I think Wright would be the most likely candidate. Pressure up the middle kills any quarterback. Poles believes he addressed center.

I think the Bears will trade down unless Alt or Harrison Jr are there. They'll target Latham, Fuaga, Verse, or Olu after trading down. They'll use their acquired 2nd round pick to address receiver. This season is all about giving Caleb the foundation he needs for future success.

There's never enough depth on an OL and the interior will be a question for this year and beyond. Is Bates a quality NFL starting center? At best, the jury is out but he seems more like a stopgap. Will Nate Davis play better and is he worth his current deal? Next year, he'll either play or the team will move on. I don't think they will keep for limited availability. Can Jenkins stay healthy and will the Bears give him a long-term deal? So far, the answer is no to both questions. The guy can play, but he also is injury prone. I don't see the Bears giving him a long-term deal unless he plays the full season and a deal is structured in a way that takes into account his availability (which Jenkins can probably do better than in a free agent market).

I do agree with you that they, beyond next season, there are likely big questions and some of these questions will be concerns heading into the season.

I don't see the Bears sliding Wright inside because OTs are more highly valued. If anything, Wright is either set long-term at RT or they still would consider him at LT with injuries.

I think OT is still a possibility at #9, but if they keep their picks, one of these 4 will be an OL. The draft is considered deep at OL so they will likely add another piece. As much as the questions remain on Braxton Jones, we'll know more in 2 weeks, but they can still use a young OT who can play LT/RT (Borom is not a piece that they can move forward on), and keep adding depth to the interior OL, maybe a starting center depending on how the draft falls.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next