It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1598 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 54  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Better than Justin Fields in 3 Years? Light Em Up Chicago!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:28 pm 

There is a chance that with a change of scenery and a lot of work that Fields learns how to throw and has success far greater than what he had here.

Williams will put up far better numbers his first three years anywhere than what Fields has put up his first three years here. Then again, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky put up far better numbers his first three years here too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
The Doctor Of Style wrote:

1 of the 5 is going to be really good. I threw a dart and it hit Nix right square in the forehead.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
LTG doesn't understand the NFL salary cap and rookie contracts

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:38 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
LTG doesn't understand the NFL salary cap and rookie contracts

Then name your quarterback.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:38 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Caleb Williams can't be worse than Fields. And you reset the clock

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:39 pm 

Yes

That wasn't so difficult

100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Drake Maye will be better than Fields next season. Book it!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

No, and no one can be absolutely certain with how hard it is to evaluate QBs.

But I think you have to take a swing at greatness. Maybe it isnt Williams. Maybe it is Maye? Maybe it is Penix? Maybe it is McCarthy? But whoever they deem is the biggest swing at greatness you take.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:41 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:59 pm 

williams will be like ben rothlesburger except he has a millenial work ethic and cries in his moms arms when he loses.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Next season Justin FIelds will be throwing to Davante Adams and Jakobi Meyers with Jim Harbaugh as his coach => Super Bowl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:09 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
williams will be like ben rothlesburger except he has a millenial work ethic and cries in his moms arms when he loses.

Tony Romo had to rely on HoF WR Terrell Owens to do his crying. Caleb Williams ain't a bitch like Romo--Williams does all his own crying.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Hussra wrote:
Next season Justin FIelds will be throwing to Davante Adams and Jakobi Meyers with Jim Harbaugh as his coach => Super Bowl

So your assessment is that Jim would want Justin as his QB1?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:22 pm 

If HarBOW comes in and says, I'll fix him, then I believe him. Full meatball.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nardi wrote:
If HarBOW comes in and says, I'll fix him, then I believe him. Full meatball.
guy got to a Super Bowl with kaepernick

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:13 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Yes

That wasn't so difficult

For Caller Bob, the question was apparently "nuanced" :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:14 pm 

RFDC wrote:

But I think you have to take a swing at greatness. Maybe it isnt Williams. Maybe it is Maye? Maybe it is Penix? Maybe it is McCarthy? But whoever they deem is the biggest swing at greatness you take.

I agree.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:17 pm 

RFDC wrote:

The contract is the most important part and it does bother me with the Packers but having a quarterback is the most important part.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
That is a pretty low floor for him but you can afford to miss on a guy with a rookie contract. The most important thing is that the franchise QB makes the players around him better. That can take a year but after year one you better be turning the corner. Fields does not make anyone around him better. To keep him and give him a monster contract would be insane. All his ass lickers have done the last few years is demand the team put better players around him. The offense has gotten better players and yet hasn't gotten much better. The reason for the better record this year was a much better defense. The path to getting better is to shot your shot with a top QB.

Im not overly concerned about the Packers right now. They should be freeing up some money from their disabled LT soon. Love will cost some serious money but when you have guys no one on earth has heard of like Wicks and Melton balling out I think you can spend that money because you have a guy who is making those around him better. 34 tds and 4k+ yds with a wr/te group that on a whole costs less than a fraction of DJ Moore's salary tells me you are making players around you better.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:16 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Hussra wrote:

So your assessment is that Jim would want Justin as his QB1?

Below is a list of QB's who took snaps in games for Michigan during Harbaugh's tenure (I think I filtered out any WR passes etc. Dan Villari also played TE but was recruited QB and played more QB during his time in Michigan).

15 QB's brought on to campus by Harbaugh. To Michigan. Rick Leach, Tom Brady, Elvis Grbac, Chad Henne played there. A notch below Notre Dame in terms of storied collegiate football programs. No salary cap. Insane and insanely wealthy alumni boosters. Harbaugh could've gone to them at any time and said "I want so-and-so" and even before NiL and xfer portal they'd have helped him make it happen.

And this list is what Harbaugh lands on?

---------
JJ McCarthy
Jack Tuttle
Jayden Denegal
Davis Warren

---------
JJ McCarthy
Cade McNamara
Davis Warren
Alan Bowman

---------
Cade McNamara
JJ McCarthy
Alan Bowman
Dan Villari

---------
Joe Milton
Cade McNamara

---------
Shea Patterson
Dylan McCaffrey
Joe Milton

---------
Shea Patterson
Dylan McCaffrey
Joe Milton
Brandon Peters

--------
John O'Korn
Brandon Peters
Wilton Speight

--------
Wilton Speight
John 'O Korn
Shane MOrris

--------
Jake Rudock
Wilson Speight

Either:

(*) Harbaugh doesn't know or care about Quarterbacks.

or

(*) Harbaugh cares a lot about who his QB is and expends limitless effort and resources to bring in the best QB available.

If it's the former, then it seems like any QB will do.

If it's the latter then Harbaugh, like John Elway, despite being a QB of greater or lesser renown in their careers, sucks at picking QB's.

53 Harbaugh era Michigan players have been drafted into the NFL to date--8 drafts so far => around 7 players from Michigan per draft.

Jake Rudock -- complete list of QB's drafted by the NFL under Harbaugh's tenure--in the 6th round by the LIons. Rudock is back at Michigan attending medical school there after a brief NFL career of being signed to and cut from various practice squads.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:03 am 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
That is a pretty low floor for him but you can afford to miss on a guy with a rookie contract. The most important thing is that the franchise QB makes the players around him better. That can take a year but after year one you better be turning the corner. Fields does not make anyone around him better. To keep him and give him a monster contract would be insane. All his ass lickers have done the last few years is demand the team put better players around him. The offense has gotten better players and yet hasn't gotten much better. The reason for the better record this year was a much better defense. The path to getting better is to shot your shot with a top QB.

Im not overly concerned about the Packers right now. They should be freeing up some money from their disabled LT soon. Love will cost some serious money but when you have guys no one on earth has heard of like Wicks and Melton balling out I think you can spend that money because you have a guy who is making those around him better. 34 tds and 4k+ yds with a wr/te group that on a whole costs less than a fraction of DJ Moore's salary tells me you are making players around you better.

They took two TE from a draft group I absolutely loved. Many of them produced in year 1. I said I loved that approach when analyzing the draft. Jayden Reed was a high draft pick who many, including the Bears, loved. It was no big surprise that these guys played well. You have the cause and effect backwards. They did a nice job of drafting at the skills position and those players are making Love not the other way around.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:28 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:

They took two TE from a draft group I absolutely loved. Many of them produced in year 1. I said I loved that approach when analyzing the draft. Jayden Reed was a high draft pick who many, including the Bears, loved. It was no big surprise that these guys played well. You have the cause and effect backwards. They did a nice job of drafting at the skills position and those players are making Love not the other way around.

They kind of make each other, as you well know, when your quarterback can’t get the ball to them on time, it makes it difficult to show their skills.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein

Not remotely

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:01 pm 

Say No More Keyshawn Johnson

https://youtu.be/J1_rw0d459Y?si=UPtSpnWhQraHM5GI

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Justin Fields was the 23rd best QB last year. If anyone here went back in time and started 17 games for, say, the Titans, you most assuredly would finish as the 32nd best QB, or just nine spots behind Fields.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:10 pm 

No offense to Keyshawn, but he loves the sound of his voice. He is not someone that can be trusted to evaluate QBs. If he played with Justin Fields he would be bitching within 2 quarters to get him the damn ball more.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:14 pm 

RFDC wrote:
No offense to Keyshawn, but he loves the sound of his voice. He is not someone that can be trusted to evaluate QBs. If he played with Justin Fields he would be bitching within 2 quarters to get him the damn ball more.

These players are like a fraternity - they're going to back each other for the most part, just like police back police and so on. Fields is a popular former college QB with cult of devoted followers backing him - players are going to support him against all reason.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:16 pm 

RFDC wrote:

He stated that Fields was the better talent and essentially said that Caleb Williams is just a guy. Can't say that I expected that to be honest.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:17 pm 

RFDC wrote:

He stated that Fields was the better talent and essentially said that Caleb Williams is just a guy. Can't say that I expected that to be honest.

23rd best QB. Gardener was better and Dobbs was equivalent.

2013 CSFMB ROY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1598 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 54  Next