It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:43 pm 

I have made my mind about him. I believe Poles has as well. We don't agree.

He's almost definitely going to win more games next year than this year so they will continue to cite progress as the reason to keep him. You cannot have him as a lame duck, so they will extend him (if he doesn't already have a five year contract).

Enjoy your zone coverage and lack of preparation Bears fans.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:44 pm 

I also think they are keeping Fields.

There is nothing Poles likes more than to delay a decision. It's kind of smart as it buys him more time. A GM almost always gets a second coach and qb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
good dolphin wrote:

There is nothing Poles likes more than to delay a decision. It's kind of smart as it buys him more time. A GM almost always gets a second coach and qb

Why do you think he likes to delay decisions? What decisions has he delayed

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
good dolphin wrote:

Keeping Fields only shortens Poles time as GM. I'll disagree with this one.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:13 pm 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

He chose not to spend last year in FA in areas that were both of critical need and could be filled reasonably. He punted on the #1 pick. He fiddled around with the decision to trade the pick. All of these bought him coverage from criticism in year 2 as they were not ready.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:16 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

He trades #1 this year for at least another first next year, which gives him strong ammunition should he finally choose to draft a qb. However, when he keeps Fields this year, it would be illogical not to invoke his 5th year option. So Poles won't draft "his" QB until 2026. He won't be accountable until then, which will get him to a second contract.

The Bears and Fields will both show improvement next year with the additional talent they bring in and the last place schedule, so Poles won't feel pressure in 24.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:19 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Have you ever left no stone unturned? Believe me, it takes a while.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:33 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

He trades #1 this year for at least another first next year, which gives him strong ammunition should he finally choose to draft a qb. However, when he keeps Fields this year, it would be illogical not to invoke his 5th year option. So Poles won't draft "his" QB until 2026. He won't be accountable until then, which will get him to a second contract.

The Bears and Fields will both show improvement next year with the additional talent they bring in and the last place schedule, so Poles won't feel pressure in 24.

If Poles keeps Fields this year and he ends up the bust most of us know he is, Fields becomes a Poles pick whether he likes it or not. This is the last chance Poles has to walk away from Fields and not be attached to him.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:38 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

If Poles keeps Fields this year and he ends up the bust most of us know he is, Fields becomes a Poles pick whether he likes it or not. This is the last chance Poles has to walk away from Fields and not be attached to him.

but the team will be better and I think much better. Depending on what happens this off season, I could see them winning 10 games next year with that schedule. No way there is a hot seat for a GM that went from 3-7-10 and performed some brilliant moves along the way

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:40 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

but the team will be better and I think much better. Depending on what happens this off season, I could see them winning 10 games next year with that schedule. No way there is a hot seat for a GM that went from 3-7-10 and performed some brilliant moves along the way

I know the schedule next year is very favorable, but if Justin Fields is the starting QB for the 2024 Bears, they will not see 10 wins.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

They won't see the #1 pick again and bypassing the rare chance at the best QB available is very risky. If CW looks like a star and Fields continues with the sub-200 yd games, Poles will feel the heat.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:52 pm 

That's why you take Williams and keep fields too

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:52 pm 

next year, they'll be bumslayingly good. Year after that, eberflus' zone d will get picked apart by the good teams but by then he'll have his extension

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
good dolphin wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

If Fields stays and they make the playoffs with the easy schedule and other weapons, Poles probably survives.
If Fields stays and they don’t make the playoffs, Poles has to be gone. The only scenario that saves him is if Caleb Williams and Maye look like busts.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

He chose not to spend last year in FA in areas that were both of critical need and could be filled reasonably. He punted on the #1 pick. He fiddled around with the decision to trade the pick. All of these bought him coverage from criticism in year 2 as they were not ready.

Okay. I think we see these differently and Poles explicitly touched on one of them yesterday.

Poles appears that be very disciplined. He wasn't going to empty the clip in free agency last year. He targeted guys, and didn't panic when he didn't get them. Center appears to be the only position that was "ignored" last year. You would probably say the 3T, but I believe he wanted to go to the draft after he failed to land the guy from Denver. I think Dexter may ultimately be better and more reliable than Carter.

I'm not sure why you believe he "fiddled" around with the decision? He was very open that the pick was for sale and sold it more than a month before the draft. He said he valued the assets more than the pick because he knew the Bears had a lot of holes to fill.

I see why you may believe he's sticking with Fields. I think differently for a lot of reasons. I also think Poles believes the roster will be good enough to carry any quarterback he goes with. The same thing wouldn't have been true last year. I also think there is far more risk passing on a quarterback in this draft.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Extend his dumbass into Lake Michigan and hire Vrabel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Have you ever left no stone unturned? Believe me, it takes a while.

I get it. I think he's been doing that since he was hired. Giving Fields another look was the biggest example.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

This reads like a Fields Cult thought. Retaining Fields wouldn't buy Poles any additional time UNLESS he becomes the stud that you and others believe he can be. Unlike last year, when there was a lot of uncertainty about the quarterbacks, and Poles could look one year ahead and see a rich QB draft, he doesn't have that luxury this year. There will be at least one superstar quarterback in this draft, and a QB with an 82 rating won't make fans forgive you for passing on him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
If we're lucky Fields QBR may skyrocket from 2023's 46.3 to a towering 47.8 in 2024.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
If we're lucky Fields QBR may skyrocket from 2023's 46.3 to a towering 47.8 in 2024.

And there aren’t any projected studs in next year's draft. You don't have sustained success without a really good to great quarterback.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

And there aren’t any projected studs in next year's draft. You don't have sustained success without a really good to great quarterback.

Understated point right there.

The QB class next year looks pretty weak. If Fields leads the team to a third consecutive top 10 pick, they enter the FA veteran QB hellscape for 2025.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Understated point right there.

The QB class next year looks pretty weak. If Fields leads the team to a third consecutive top 10 pick, they enter the FA veteran QB hellscape for 2025.

We want H1M
Don't trade H1M

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:48 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

I didn’t think I could love you more but we might be there.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:24 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I didn’t think I could love you more but we might be there.

I come cheap

That's all I'm saying

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:30 am 

The guy who is the next offensive coordinator will also be the next head coach of the bears. Book it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:32 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
The guy who is the next offensive coordinator will also be the next head coach of the bears. Book it.

I believe this too. If he's good

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

When Poles keeps Fields next year and he ends up being in the pro bowl, he will sign him to a deserving contract and the BEARS will go to the Super Bowl.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Marie's
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I believe this too. If he's good

If he's actually good the Bears would win enough games for Flus to get an extension.