It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Can you please compare Burrow's playoff record with T.rubisky's playoff record? I know the answer, I'm only asking because hopefully it will help you realize that T.rubisky and Burrow should never belong in the same sentence (unless it's this sentence).

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

Last edited by veganfan21 on Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:32 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I would offer Cincinnati the #1 pick today for Burrow.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
There are maybe 3 or 4 teams that wouldn’t trade their QBs for Burrow even after accounting for the contract & injury history.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
3x's the top 3 picks in the NFL draft have been QB, QB, QB:

Tracy Lawrence
Zach Wilson's Mom
Trey Lance

Tim Couch
McNabb
Akili Smith? Is that right? who the hell is Akili Smith? Kabisa Akili Maradufu Smith, huh

Plunkett
Arch Manning's Grandfather
Dan Pastorini

Ken Anderson went 3rd rd, Theisman 4th

GM's been fucking up drafting QB's forever

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:18 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
One Post wrote:
Over the past 10 drafts a franchise QB (assuming you're sold on Trevor Lawrence as such) has been drafted in seven out of the ten drafts.

I'm fine with taking a QB in 2024 if that's the play, but acting like if the Bears don't take a QB in 2024 at the expense of having 40 first and second round picks over the next three years absolutely excludes them from drafting a franchise QB in one of those future drafts just doesn't comport with history.

Who’s suggesting the Bears are only allowed to draft a QB 1/1 this year?

The point is the guy they’d be passing on. Cincy could’ve received a haul for Burrow and they’d have been dumb to do so. Same might be true for Jax, though last year wasn’t great.

Not saying that Bears can't take a QB at lower than 1/1, just seems to be how the discussion has been going here.

Would be fine if the Bears acquired a shit ton of picks and also drafted a QB mid teens in 2024.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Recent history says it's an awful idea unless you're already a good team.

You can add, Young, Lance, and Fields to this list.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/stor ... uarterback

Denver, Atlanta, Las Vegas (maybe others) need a QB outside of the top 3 picks in the draft. You don't think Fields played well, the free agents market is pretty limited and you think it's awful to trade up (probably not wrong).

What do you do if you're one of these teams?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

BD wrote:
Nas wrote:

Denver, Atlanta, Las Vegas (maybe others) need a QB outside of the top 3 picks in the draft. You don't think Fields played well, the free agents market is pretty limited and you think it's awful to trade up (probably not wrong).

I was surprised to see the trades don't usually work. I guess all I see is Mahomes when I think about trading up.

Depending on where I am, I would probably try to get into the top 2 of this draft. If I can't, I would pick a developmental guy and roll with a veteran quarterback.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I would trade down and get as many high end picks as possible. I would also trade Fields for whatever I could get. Then I would sign Cousins and draft a QB later who cold develop for a few years. Cousins is good most of the time but can have an awful game here and there. Just hope the awful game isnt a playoff game. Caleb is already a pain in the ass and he isn't even in the league yet. It will only get worse.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
I would trade down and get as many high end picks as possible. I would also trade Fields for whatever I could get. Then I would sign Cousins and draft a QB later who cold develop for a few years. Cousins is good most of the time but can have an awful game here and there. Just hope the awful game isnt a playoff game. Caleb is already a pain in the ass and he isn't even in the league yet. It will only get worse.

In what way?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Hussra wrote:
Joe Burrow's record so far: 29-22-1
Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's record while with the Bears: 29-21-0

Jake Browning/a QB other than Joe Burrow will start more games for the Cincinnati Bengals over the next 3 seasons than Joe Burrow will.

Joe Burrow is the Derrick Rose/Ja Morant of the NFL: great player whose body won't hold up over the short-medium-long term

there's a take... sheesh. glad you are able to gloss over beating mahomes and the SB appearance. also able to ignore he was on pace to break all rookie passing records... it's too bad burrow wasn't able to withstand his horrid O-line year one and got his leg twisted in the pocket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SlKD2tfKTo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: John's

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Nas wrote:
I was surprised to see the trades don't usually work. I guess all I see is Mahomes when I think about trading up.
and JLove 8)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
BD wrote:
Nas wrote:

Depending on where I am, I would probably try to get into the top 2 of this draft. If I can't, I would pick a developmental guy and roll with a veteran quarterback.

I am not surprised with that analysis because the hit rate for 1st round QB's is bad, even if you like a particular player.

There has been some speculation around NE moving out IF they are going full rebuild and want to beef up some of the roster before adding a QB OR they don't want the 3rd best QB on their board.

The question I come back to - if you're Atlanta, what veteran QB are you rolling with? Cousins is the viable option and he's probably more likely to remain in Minnesota. At least 2 or 3 of these teams from Denver, Minnesota, Atlanta and Las Vegas are going to have to do some combination of drafting (probably over drafting) a QB in Round 1 and complementing them with a washed up veteran. That's not really a solution. That's why Justin Fields will have a good market.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

BD wrote:
Nas wrote:
BD wrote:
Nas wrote:

I am not surprised with that analysis because the hit rate for 1st round QB's is bad, even if you like a particular player.

There has been some speculation around NE moving out IF they are going full rebuild and want to beef up some of the roster before adding a QB OR they don't want the 3rd best QB on their board.

The question I come back to - if you're Atlanta, what veteran QB are you rolling with? Cousins is the viable option and he's probably more likely to remain in Minnesota. At least 2 or 3 of these teams from Denver, Minnesota, Atlanta and Las Vegas are going to have to do some combination of drafting (probably over drafting) a QB in Round 1 and complementing them with a washed up veteran. That's not really a solution. That's why Justin Fields will have a good market.

I really hope so. You would be insane to prefer Pickett or Riddler.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
billypootons wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Joe Burrow's record so far: 29-22-1
Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's record while with the Bears: 29-21-0

Jake Browning/a QB other than Joe Burrow will start more games for the Cincinnati Bengals over the next 3 seasons than Joe Burrow will.

Joe Burrow is the Derrick Rose/Ja Morant of the NFL: great player whose body won't hold up over the short-medium-long term

there's a take... sheesh. glad you are able to gloss over beating mahomes and the SB appearance. also able to ignore he was on pace to break all rookie passing records... it's too bad burrow wasn't able to withstand his horrid O-line year one and got his leg twisted in the pocket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SlKD2tfKTo

What's it matter the reason for Joe Burrow being perennially injured? If Burrow's not going to be able to stay on the field for an entire season ever again, Bengals would be smart to trade him for Justin Fields.

same as Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
BD wrote:
Nas wrote:
BD wrote:
Nas wrote:

That's all I am saying. Fields is better than these teams existing options, picking the 4-6th QB in Round 1 is a crap shoot and the free agents on the market are all stop-gaps, meaning these teams are likely to continue floundering without a QB who improves the team. It's still debatable whether Fields is that guy - I don't disagree with that either. I just think he's more likely to succeed than the rest of the options these teams have.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

BD wrote:
Nas wrote:
BD wrote:
Nas wrote:
BD wrote:
Nas wrote:

That's all I am saying. Fields is better than these teams existing options, picking the 4-6th QB in Round 1 is a crap shoot and the free agents on the market are all stop-gaps, meaning these teams are likely to continue floundering without a QB who improves the team. It's still debatable whether Fields is that guy - I don't disagree with that either. I just think he's more likely to succeed than the rest of the options these teams have.

Yeah, I think Fields would be a good option for a few teams. I would put the Patriots and Buccaneers on that list too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:40 pm 

Gonna disagree with you both but let's see what happens. If I'm a GM I'm going with a rookie if I had the option. We know what Fields ceiling is and he's a backup. But I do understand someone will probably trade for him and live to regret it.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Gonna disagree with you both but let's see what happens. If I'm a GM I'm going with a rookie if I had the option. We know what Fields ceiling is and he's a backup. But I do understand someone will probably trade for him and live to regret it.

I don't think I would prefer Nix over Fields. At worst, it's $14M for 2 years. That's the going rate for a backup. You can use your first round pick on a guy who has more upside.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I think there’s a ton of upside for Fields. For any GMs looking to swap a top ten pick to make it happen, I’d say go for it.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

I think there’s a ton of upside for Fields. For any GMs looking to swap a top ten pick to make it happen, I’d say go for it.

:lol: :lol: I love your thinking.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:07 pm 

Nas wrote:

:lol: :lol: I love your thinking.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:42 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's

Agreed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:47 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I think its too early to declare Fields a backup, I'd tradecdown and keep Fields one more year..I'd also draft Penix.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:56 pm 

42nd overall 4thQ passer rating
42nd overall interceptions in the 4thQ
42nd overall 4thQ completion percentage

Would you like him to get worse before you declare the experiment to be over? Just so you know I'm pretty sure you can't get worse than 42nd overall in a league with 32 starting QBs.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:21 pm 

312player wrote:
I think its too early to declare Fields a backup, I'd tradecdown and keep Fields one more year..I'd also draft Penix.

I was all in on Penix but it was concerning seeing his body transform into a 45 year old Steve DeBerg in the championship game.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:29 pm 

Nas wrote:

In what way?

Having an overbearing parent as an agent, allowing all the talk about him not wanting to be drafted by certain teams, his inability to react like a normal athlete after losing his 4th game of the season during the middle of the season and his teammates comments about his backup after he set the bowl game on fire.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:30 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
312player wrote:

:lol: Your thoughts on Quarterbacks are always terrible

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:33 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
312player wrote:

My thoughts on Fields were spot on and they came before he ever stepped on the field in a Bears jersey. Enjoy your Emo Diva.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
312player wrote:

My thoughts on Fields were spot on and they came before he ever stepped on the field in a Bears jersey. Enjoy your Emo Diva.

UMN = 312