It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 567 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:16 am 

Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
312player wrote:
If we can only get a 4th rounder for Fields, I'd rather keep him and try to trade him during the season

Would you take a conditional 4th that becomes a 2nd with playing time?

I'd rather release him during the season than take a 4th round pick. Let whatever team loses the musical chairs of Cousins-Wilson tank a season with Desmond Ridder or Blaine Gabbert over one round if they want.

The Bears have all the leverage with the idea they can simply not trade Fields. Plenty of other QBs have been dealt far worse than getting paid to not play.

You bring your rookie quarterback into a toxic locker room and you eliminate the 5th year option for any team. That would be professional malpractice.

Plenty of rookie quarterbacks have a one year rental still on the team. They would just announce Williams as the starter right at the start of camp if it was a big deal.

But teams are going to panic when they have to sell the idea that Desmond Ridder or Blaine Gabbert are the day one starter when it's between a 3rd and 4th round pick. I would guess that even the threat of letting Fields be released would be enough.

This would be different than all of those situations. Fields is a fan and locker room favorite. This isn't like some 2nd or 3rd round quarterback that would be asked to compete with Fields. You would be forcing the first pick in the draft to enter a toxic environment that is sure to have a negative impact on him and possibly divide a locker room.

Fields is sunk cost. If the absolute worst scenario comes to fruition, you take what the market is offering. If that's a 7th round pick, so be it. I don't suspect that will be the case. There is no reason to panic.

It is sunk alright.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:29 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Caller Bob wrote:
Will this have any impact on the Bears decision to draft Caleb Williams?

Just like Nas and Dolphin said, great performance! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:59 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

He's being interrupted. I wouldn't call that one a stumble. I think he actually looked good responding to that dingbat.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:01 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

He's being interrupted. I wouldn't call that one a stumble. I think he actually looked good responding to that dingbat.

Of course you do. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Of course you do. :lol:

:lol:

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
the President, any POTUS, could get up in front of the nation on live tv, stumble over their words, take off their shoe and try to speak into it instead of the microphone while sniffing Mike Johnson's hair and Americans would still vote them back in if the economy is above par come election day. People forget that Dubya was a walking gaffe-machine and still thumped President John Kelly in 2004.

To quote President Hillary Rose Clinton, suck a nothingburger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:29 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
She broke character and laughed.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:31 am 

:lol: He's the best.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Quote:

How Caleb Williams Emerged from the Grinder
The QB analysts have all put their two cents worth in, some more and some less, and here's what their impressions are of Caleb Williams if he's the No. 1 Bears pick.
GENE CHAMBERLAIN23 MINUTES AGO
In this story:
Chicago Bears
CHICAGO BEARS
START CONVERSATION
It's the time of year when the quarterback analyst is a superstar.

Their opinions are sought at every turn, and they tell everyone what is visible on film to them and only them.

Film doesn't lie, the saying goes.

This doesn't seem to be the case when it comes to quarterbacks, though. Only the quarterback analyst can decipher game film of passers.

It's why talk shows seek them out.

These oracles have not exactly been kind to the Bears' unverified lean toward Caleb Williams in the draft over keeping Justin Fields.

To be exact, they might have misgivings about Fields but they're not all getting into the Williams line

The Caleb Williams Camp
Chris Simms

No one has been more all in on Williams than the NBC Sports/Pro Football Talk analyst.

"You run to the podium if you're Chicago," Simms told Dan Patrick. "I feel as confident about this as I did about Mahomes, CJ Stroud, Lamar, Josh Allen, Joe Burrow whatever. This is to me a slam dunk."

Simms also is not someone one thinks the quarterback comes in and sits. If Williams is taken first overall, it would seem unlikely this would happen, anyway. No QB chosen first overall has done this since Baker Mayfield in 2018, and Cleveland was roundly criticized for this considering how poor that team was.

Rick Spielman

The former Vikings GM made his stance on this known very early on, calling Williams better as a pick coming in than any QB to come into the draft since Andrew Luck. He even sees Williams better than Peyton Manning was as a prospect coming into the draft.

There are plenty of analysts saying what he did in college does not translate to the NFL but Spielman thinks it's all a matter of adjusting and Williams has the ability to do this.

"Overall, though, it is hard to poke a lot of holes in Williams’ game," Spielman said. "He will have to adjust to the speed of the game in the NFL, and the windows will be tighter, but those adjustments should come quickly for him.

"After watching the 2023 tape, there is no question that if everything checks out through the pre-draft process, he will be a franchise-changing quarterback for whoever drafts him."

His overall assessment sees something few QBs in the draft class have shown and that's an ability to actually go through a progression the way NFL passers do.

"Williams shows his ability to get through his progressions and get the ball out on time when he must," Spielman wrote. "His arm strength, release quickness and ball placement jump out on the tape. NFL defensive coordinators are going to have to game plan for Williams’ unique athletic ability and speed to make plays with his legs."

Leaning to Caleb Williams
Chase Daniel

Daniel, the former Bears backup QB, isn't overly critical of Williams and even tells Rich Eisen, "I think he's a better prospect coming out of college than Patrick Mahomes was."Daniel isn't overly critical of Williams and even says, "I think he's a better prospect coming out of college than Patrick Mahomes was."

However, Daniel takes a more even stance on Williams and on The 33rd Team and other places offered a perspective on some of the things that went on in Indianapolis with teams.

It wasn't entirely positive so the pro-Justin Fields faction is likely to seize upon this. He also offered up for NFL Network the thought Drake Maye was more ready for the NFL than the other QBs, although many analysts seem to have soured on Maye somewhat in recent mock drafts and prospect rankings.

Mike Tannenbaum

The forrmer NFL GM offered a stance totally pro Williams from what he has seen, but told Mike Greenberg on "Get Up" that the decision facing the Bears more economical than anything else.

"It's an absolute no-brainer and I like Justin Fields, let the record show," Tannenbaum said. "This is not an anti-Justin Fields. This is called the salary cap."

The cap situation is Williams starts out the pay cycle again while Fields is due an extension before 2026 and his fifth-year option for 2025 at $25.66 million must be picked up in May.

"I'd rather have Caleb Williams, who has higher upside in my opinion, plus an additional $30 million a year to improve the team," Tannenbaum said.

He also pointed out the disparity between some producing QBs who get little money and some who aren't and make a huge amount, and indicates how much drain it puts on a team.

Kurt Warner

The Hall of Famer is convinced about Williams' talent as a college quarterback but isn't going to say it automatically means he's going to be the next Patrick Mahomes.

On The Schmo's podcast, he called Williams a "generational college talent."

Then he followed by hedging.

"I'm always very cautious of dropping those things on these kids," Warner said. "Can we relax and let Caleb Williams ty to figure out how to play and if he can be special let him figure out that narrative on his own?"

It's kind of a cop out from an analyst, actually. However, what Warner didn't back down on was what he thought about Justin Fields.

The Anti-Williams Guys
Dan Orlovsky

The former NFL QB for ESPN says Jayden Daniels is a better option for the Bears with the first pick than Williams is, although he wouldn't totally trash Williams' future. He based his conclusions off of game film and offered these in a talk with Eisen..

"After watching all that I would take Jayden No. 1," Orlovsky said. "Ball placement vs. man (defense) is best in the draft."

He saw a lot of plays with Williams holding the ball too long and then finding a receiver.

"We know that's not real life in the NFL," Orlovsky said, although Patrick Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers have been known to hold the ball, buying time with their feet, until a receiver comes open.

He simply likes Daniels better because he has the "...most transferable stuff to the NFL," as there is more quick reads and throws.

"I think that he plays faster both mentally and physically," Orlovsky said.

The Notre Dame game when Williams got picked off three times in the first half was convincing to Orlovsky.

"That Notre Dame game is a tough game to look at," he said. "Real NFL defenses. Al Golden (Irish D-coordinator) dialed it up for Notre Dame. Notre Dame creates some pressure."

However, Orlovsky did call Williams second best of the top three passers in the draft.

Merril Hoge

The former Steelers and Bears fullback and ESPN analyst had painted a poor picture of Williams while on NBC Sports Chicago during Super Bowl week. He took it to virtually the point of bordering on bust by saying Williams wasn't special.

Later, he softened this a bit or at least explained it better on AM-670 The Score in Chicago with Mark Grote. He sees Williams as leaning too heavily on his mobility by holding the ball and not being aware enough of down-and-distance situations while managing his unique abilities to throw off-script.

"I feel very comfortable in my evaluation of him," Hoge told Grote.

The comparisons to Patrick Mahomes are going to hurt Williams because he'll lean on this too much.

"This expectation that he is Patrick Mahomes is going to be a daunting thing," Williams said.

Hoge called Joe Burrow and C.J. Stroud the two best quarterbacks in the last "five or six years," and based this on how they play within the pocket.

"At the end of the day, that is where you must master this game, I mean, in the NFL, if you're going to be truly consistently successful," Hoge said.

Too many times on film he saw Williams' big plays come after four seconds to throw.

"In the NFL you don't have that luxury anymore," Hoge said.

Twitter: BearDigest@BearsOnMaven

Gene Chamberlain
BY GENE CHAMBERLAIN

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:52 pm 

JT O'Sullivan's top 4:

https://www.youtube.com/live/nfwXfJUH7M ... jPF4du1OHd

Williams
Daniels
Maye
McCarthy

Didn't comment on the others but may have in other parts of the video.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
KDdidit wrote:

would

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:58 pm 

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:01 am 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Who is the dumber shit? MTG who gave Biden the pin and asked for the bum to mention her name and when it was clear that the bum wasn't going to mention THE NURSING STUDENTor her grieving family at all, when she called the bum on it, butchers her name and stupidly compounds the error when he says that thousands of other american citizens were also murdered by ILLEGAL ALIENS, thereby upsetting PELOSI AND THE LAME ASS "SQUAD".

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:17 am 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
I watched big game that Caleb had against a so so Notre Dame team so noone can convince me that Caleb is a "can't miss qb". He actually looked scared in that game and thought that he would cry for awhile. He plays small. He is not a very strong runner and i doubt that he can hold up to the physical NFL. He will be another failure as a USC quarterback. To me,he's a slightly taller Bryce Young.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:25 pm 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
https://youtu.be/a4I6Nted8b8?si=avAZ26_2O6u1Vsc6

Mark Sanchez...starts about 5 mins in

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:56 pm 

LGBTQB1 gets it!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

I'm not sure painting your nails will keep the bullies away when you're 5 feet and 80 pounds. That's my quarterback though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
I let my granddaughter paint my nails and put makeup on me. I never felt prettier. I looked in the mirror and said, "would".

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:33 pm 

Nardi wrote:
I let my granddaughter paint my nails and put makeup on me. I never felt prettier. I looked in the mirror and said, "would".

I wanna beat you up at this very minute

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Caller Bob wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Fascist!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Caller Bob wrote:
Nardi wrote:

tickle fight?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:24 am 

Jayden Daniels
https://youtu.be/2b-K-1_od0Y?si=8h9MuIKIqQI_5z7l

Warner says he's got a good arm but missed reads and throws. Is a little concerned about his accuracy, like he is with Maye. Likes that he pushes the ball down the field and makes second level throws.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:25 am 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Jayden Daniels

Warner says he's got a good arm but missed reads and throws. Is a little concerned about his accuracy, like he is with Maye. Likes that he pushes the ball down the field and makes second level throws.

I'm watching it right now

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:40 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Jayden Daniels

If it were a choice of Fields or Daniels, I'd have stuck with Fields.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:41 am 

Jayden Daniels has been in college 5 years, finally had a good year and will have two receivers drafted in the top 20. I'd stay away.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Bagels wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nardi wrote:

tickle fight?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:44 am 
Site Admin

Bagels wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nardi wrote:

tickle fight?

:lol: :lol:
BAGELS FTW!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:46 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Jayden Daniels

I completely agree with you. I would jump off of the Poles bandwagon if he drafted that kid. He appears to be more likely to bust than the other guys being considered as a top 4 QB.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:50 am 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Jayden Daniels

I completely agree with you. I would jump off of the Poles bandwagon if he drafted that kid. He appears to be more likely to bust than the other guys being considered as a top 4 QB.

I believe you are both going to be wrong.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 567 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next