It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The McCaskey's net worth
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

The biggest story of the day was not the stadium talk. This bullshit about building it next to Soldier Field.

The biggest story is that the McCaskey's have 2 billion in liquid cash to throw at the stadium.

I've always wondered what the fuck their money is. Now I have an idea. If they have 2 billion to throw at a stadium, I think it means they have double that for their total. So 4 billion and the 6 billion the Bears are actually worth is their net worth.

I would not have guessed 4 billion. Seriously, I would have guessed like 700 million.

You know how they always do the list of billionaire's in the country? They never say Virginia McCaskey. Cuz they don't have to be public about their money. Now we know.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:44 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
They never said it’d be their money.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:49 am 

Banks will sometimes give you money in exchange for a promise to pay it back with interest

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:55 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Banks will sometimes give you money in exchange for a promise to pay it back with interest

Exactly. That's why it was silly when people thought the Bears didn't have the money to fund a stadium. They could walk into any big bank in the country and say "We have an asset that we could sell for $5 billion with multiple offers tomorrow. Can you provide us a loan for a new stadium?".

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
good dolphin wrote:

Its up to whoever the AG is in Chicago. The McCaskey family better look out for a Letisha James II acting fine Virginia for "OVERVALUING" the Bear's assets?? :eye: :eye:

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

Thank you.

I don't think they're gonna ask for 2 billion from Chase. Also, in this climate, I don't think banks are giving out those big loans anymore. I know the team is the collateral. But the interest rate on paying off 2 billion wouldn't make it worth it for me.

It will be years before they are making money off that stadium.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:09 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Thank you.

I don't think they're gonna ask for 2 billion from Chase. Also, in this climate, I don't think banks are giving out those big loans anymore. I know the team is the collateral. But the interest rate on paying off 2 billion wouldn't make it worth it for me.

The NFL prints money. The Washington Commanders just sold for $6 billion. I don't think they would have a problem getting a loan.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:43 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Thank you.

The NFL prints money. The Washington Commanders just sold for $6 billion. I don't think they would have a problem getting a loan.

If Trump can get a loan from the Chubb insurance company for $91.6 million for an appeal bond in the case where he was found liable for defaming E. Jean Carroll after she accused him of rape than I think McCaskey's can get a loan from a number of financial intuitions without issue. The TV contracts are worth billions and its where most of the NFL teams make their money from. Each of the 32 NFL teams received 249 million U.S. dollars in the 2022 season just for the broadcast rights share of revenue. NFL total team sponsorship revenue rises 15% to US$2.35bn in 2023.. There is revenue from Broadcast rights, sponsorships, merchandising, tickets, parking, concessions, etc..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:38 am 

They have enough collateral beyond the team to get the loan. The Lake Forest and Arlington Heights properties alone should cover things. Banks just want to know that they will get paid. It's not even a 2 billion loan. It would be a series of loans that would eventually equal 2 billion.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Banks aren’t giving a sports franchise a two billion dollar construction loan.

They’ll have to include some family cash, borrow from the NFL, pre-sell PSLs like the LA teams, etc.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
If Jeffrey Epstein's $1 billion was enough to get Chase to look the other way, then surely $2 billion is available to the Bears / NFL.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:28 pm 

the only reason they would build a new stadium is to generate more cash. of course they will try not to use their own money. but they should. jerry jones did.