It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:01 pm 

Sad, how far down Justin Fields stock has fallen. But not surprising. MANY of us knew he was a bad qb.

Baltimore Ravens

He’d have the benefit of playing in a system that’s friendly for mobile QBs, and for the Ravens, if Jackson ever went down with an injury, plugging Fields in would still provide a dangerous rushing threat.

Indianapolis Colts

Sam Ehlinger is the only other QB on Shane Steichen’s depth chart, but adding a high-upside backup like Fields would provide a lot more insurance, just in case Richardson suffers another spell of injuries.

Seattle Seahawks

they will need a new backup now that Drew Lock has signed with the Giants.

San Francisco 49ers

[img]we%20already%20know%20Shanahan%20is%20intrigued%20with%20the%20idea%20of%20having%20a%20mobile%20QB%20(Trading%20up%20for%20Trey%20Lance),%20and%20buying%20low%20on%20Fields%20gives%20him%20another%20project%20to%20play%20with.[/img]

Philadelphia Eagles

[img]Marcus%20Mariota%20has%20departed%20in%20free%20agency,%20leaving%20behind%20Tanner%20McKee%20as%20the%20only%20other%20QB%20in%20Philadelphia[/img]

Kansas City Chiefs

We’ve already heard one NFL insider linking the Kansas City Chiefs to Justin Fields, thanks to his connection with offensive coordinator Matt Nagy, who coached him in Chicago.

Denver Broncos

This is the only spot left where Fields could possibly win the starting role ahead of the preseason. After moving on from Russell Wilson

My guess would be Denver but Seattle would be my sleeper pick.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Any connection to a Shannon/McVeigh/Payton type coach or system, let alone the coaches themselves, is ridiculous to me. Those kinds of coaches/systems value skills Fields hasn't worked on as of yet/doesn't care about. TM already mentioned this numerous times - Fields breaks those systems. That's why Nagy - correctly, in retrospect - wanted no part in playing Fields as a rookie. He observed very quickly that Fields takes a few years to let go of the damn ball and concluded he wasn't ready. I'd be shocked if anyone associated with these systems/coaches go after Fields. It'd have to be something like a dumbass owner influenced by the Fields cult overruling his staff and intervening to acquire Fields.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:22 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Any connection to a Shannon/McVeigh/Payton type coach or system, let alone the coaches themselves, is ridiculous to me. Those kinds of coaches/systems value skills Fields hasn't worked on as of yet/doesn't care about. TM already mentioned this numerous times - Fields breaks those systems. That's why Nagy - correctly, in retrospect - wanted no part in playing Fields as a rookie. He observed very quickly that Fields takes a few years to let go of the damn ball and concluded he wasn't ready. I'd be shocked if anyone associated with these systems/coaches go after Fields. It'd have to be something like a dumbass owner influenced by the Fields cult overruling his staff and intervening to acquire Fields.

I agree, but don't underestimate the ego of these coaches. Shannon/McVeigh and Payton would love to say they fixed Fields when others failed. If they can't fix him then they just shrug it off and blame Nagy/Getsy and say, well I gave it my best shot but those guys really fucked him up.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
It seems like a lot of the associations made were as a back-up to other running QBs. I think Fields might be more valuable to a team without a mobile QB. If he were strictly a back-up, the opposing D wouldn't spend time scheming to prevent long scrambles. He would be a Taysom Hill type gadget player, except better.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:34 pm 

From Justin's perspective, the most beneficial spot to land would be as a back-up on a team that has a starting quarterback that never gets hurt so he never has to expose his lack of ability to play the quarterback position.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:35 pm 

WestmontMike wrote:
From Justin's perspective, the most beneficial spot to land would be as a back-up on a team that has a starting quarterback that never gets hurt so he never has to expose his lack of ability to play the quarterback position.

exactly. he's personally in the best position of nearly any job in the US. sit on bench, make millions.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
The Seahawks are the current best case scenario for him imo. He’ll most likely sit for the year and have time to regroup behind a veteran QB who had to have his career resurrected.

The issue comes in when the 5th year option is brought into play. Ideally a team like the Seahawks could bring Justin in to evaluate him for the 1st part of the year and try to extend him on a favorable deal if they like what they have. Similar to what the Packers did with Love.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
No team is exercising the 5th year option. His resume is quite clear and the trade market has also made his vaue.

Do you want Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky or Justin Fields holding your clipboard?

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:10 pm 

good point. trubiskys white brain is better for mentoring.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol: :lol: He’s just like Lamar !!!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:43 pm 

If Lamar had an agent, Lamar agent be on the phone with Bristol saying what y'all trying to do to my guy. Lamar already got paid but still...rather not.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:53 pm 

Posting that lazy ass graphic is ban worthy

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:16 pm 

way beyond that point, if that's the case, like maybe 23rd on the list

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:32 pm 

in 3 years from now yall be comparing the two :lol: :lol: #ikeknow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:28 am 

veganfan21 wrote:

It really is. It proves the opposite of what its creator wanted to prove. A 4% drop in completions is a lot. One less yard per attempt is a lot. 6 more int is a lot over 20 games. The chart shows he is a lot worse than Lamar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:33 am 

good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

It really is. It proves the opposite of what its creator wanted to prove. A 4% drop in completions is a lot. One less yard per attempt is a lot. 6 more int is a lot over 20 games. The chart shows he is a lot worse than Lamar

Greenberg - maybe the most famous member of the Fields cult - had a role in the graphic. He's been pushing Fields as a MVP candidate since last summer. Now he adjusted his forecast to Fields is the missling link the Steelers need to go to the Super Bowl. I don't know how he's changed his forecast following Wilson going to the Steelers. Presumably he thinks Fields will win AL Rookie of the Year if the Yankees acquire him.

On Lamar vs Fields, don't forget QBR - Lamar led the league (!) in QBR during his second year (!) on the way to winning the MVP. Just this year, he finished 4th while winning his second MVP. Fields' best ranking on QBR is 21st.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:44 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Greenberg - maybe the most famous member of the Fields cult - had a role in the graphic. He's been pushing Fields as a MVP candidate since last summer. Now he adjusted his forecast to Fields is the missling link the Steelers need to go to the Super Bowl. I don't know how he's changed his forecast following Wilson going to the Steelers. Presumably he thinks Fields will win AL Rookie of the Year if the Yankees acquire him.

On Lamar vs Fields, don't forget QBR - Lamar led the league (!) in QBR during his second year (!) on the way to winning the MVP. Just this year, he finished 4th while winning his second MVP. Fields' best ranking on QBR is 21st.

I think the QB market is acting irrationally and I think some smart GM is going to get a low cost backup for a mid round pick. I wouldn't compare him to a 2x mvp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

It's hilarious how haters intentionally omit things from data that doesn't fit their positions like that chart. One guy had a good team in front of him while the other had a crap team and worse yet, a terrible offensive coordinator to work with. Then haters like you somehow see fit to say that Fields is a LOT WORSE THAN Lamar. Lamar may be a bit better but not much. :o :o :o

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I think the QB market is acting irrationally and I think some smart GM is going to get a low cost backup for a mid round pick. I wouldn't compare him to a 2x mvp

The league is sending Poles a message or they just don't want the cult following that comes with Fields?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:09 pm 

it does seem weird though. theres at least 10 teams that would greatly benefit by acquiring fields. the bears must be asking too much, which is what i would do if i didnt really care if he stayed. it might be the best way to make him a backup... if he can only get a paycheck from the bears, he will fall in line.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:10 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

It's hilarious how haters intentionally omit things from data that doesn't fit their positions like that chart. One guy had a good team in front of him while the other had a crap team and worse yet, a terrible offensive coordinator to work with. Then haters like you somehow see fit to say that Fields is a LOT WORSE THAN Lamar. Lamar may be a bit better but not much. :o :o :o

it seems he has a decision making limitation much the same as fields. or should i say average, because theres only a few qb's that make good decisions these days.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:39 pm 

I think it also hurt that in the season everyone was like "Look at all the idiots that could have had Lamar Jackson and they all colluded to not get him and now look at how awesome the Ravens are" and then the Ravens entered the playoffs and became an offense as good as the Bears because no one thinks that Lamar Jackson or Justin Fields can win playoff games without the ability to throw and Lamar Jackson is a much better passer than Fields is or ever will be so instead they are willing to roll with Gardner Minshew and maybe a 50 year old Ryan Tannehill.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

The league is sending Poles a message or they just don't want the cult following that comes with Fields?

Considering the fact that the overwhelming majority of Bear's fans are in strong favor of having Fields as their Bears quarterback. you are very much in the football minority in Chicago.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
What size C-Will jersey are you going to wear?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU