It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:35 am 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:

This isn't true.

Correct. There were five other teams besides Pittsburgh. Sorry for the underestimation

She disagrees
https://youtu.be/VHpCJ9-po3g?si=5MivnHMuVafTRQix

She's a biological woman, so she may be duplicitous but quoted from her Twitter:

Some context to add here from my reporting: In addition to Pittsburgh, there were 5 teams that reached out to the Bears to gauge their interest on a Fields trade

But to your point, the relevant discussion starts at about 22:30, so anyone who wishes can hear what she actually says. I hear that Poles came to the Combine expecting a 2 a 4 and a conditional 6. No team made that offer but six made offers. Poles obstinately stuck to his price and teams changed their focus away from Fields (which we all saw in real time). There were still at least four teams sniffing around Fields at the time they made the trade with one firm and better offer. Fields made it known to Poles the Steelers were the preferred location of remaining teams. Poles took the Steeler offer without further shopping it or the better offer to the other remaining teams.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I do love that 4 days before the trade , the Cult were bleating on about Ian Rapoport reporting that the Bears werent shopping Fields as evidence they were keeping H1M. 4 days later he gets traded ( whoops!!) and now they cling to a reporter saying there were multiple suitors with better offers that the GM of the Bears whose job it is to improve the team turned down so he could give Justin Fields a binky. Sure thing.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:50 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
I do love that 4 days before the trade , the Cult were bleating on about Ian Rapoport reporting that the Bears werent shopping Fields as evidence they were keeping H1M. 4 days later he gets traded ( whoops!!) and now they cling to a reporter saying there were multiple suitors with better offers that the GM of the Bears whose job it is to improve the team turned down so he could give Justin Fields a binky. Sure thing.

#1 I'm not in The Cult

#2 I never said he hadn't yet been shopped and never believed opinions that he wasn't

#3 I cited two sources who independently verified they had first hand knowledge there were better offers. Wilbon said it yesterday on Waddle and Silvy

I can appreciate your schtick is to be an ass but don't be a dumb ass.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:53 am 

So we have 2 people reporting it is true and MANY saying it isn’t, classic Bears shit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:58 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
So we have 2 people reporting it is true and MANY saying it isn’t, classic Bears shit

No, we have me citing two based on quick research. Usually two sources is two more than this place provides. I can perform more research if you want to pay me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:00 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

#1 I'm not in The Cult

#2 I never said he hadn't yet been shopped and never believed opinions that he wasn't

#3 I cited two sources who independently verified they had first hand knowledge there were better offers. Wilbon said it yesterday on Waddle and Silvy

Not gonna acknowledge Biggs and the athletic refuting Cronin? Both nas and I wrote about this on the last page.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:12 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

#1 I'm not in The Cult

Not gonna acknowledge Biggs and the athletic refuting Cronin? Both nas and I wrote about this on the last page.

Am I supposed to?

I mean, I guess the entire board could be me making a point then refuting the point and finally me resuscitating the original point with everyone else here just to observe. It seems popular with people who have mults.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Cousins going to Atlanta and Wilson landing in Pittsburgh pushed the market price for Fields from a QB1 starter role/price to a backup. Nobody was going to invest more than nominal draft capital into a backup; esp not a backup who would end up costing $13 mil a season if you picked up the option.

The only team left desperate for a starter is in the same division. Bears at least think enough of Fields QB play not to trade him within the division.

Does sound like the Cousins-to-Atlanta thing was a done deal except for the paperwork weeks ago. So maybe Poles should not have been sitting on Fields for Atlanta and taken the best offer available before Wilson landed in Pitt and Cousins actually announced what apparently was already decided.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:59 am 

Or it just could possibly be that no team believes he currently is starting material.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:06 am 

I have heard the narrative from multiple outlets that sending Fields to the Steelers enhanced the Bears reputation with players, agents (specifically Fields super agent) and whomever else around the league. I hope these people are ready to to give us concrete examples of players we have land in the future that we otherwise would not have because of reputation.

Do you think this super agent somehow feels indebted to Poles? I'm skeptical.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:06 am 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
Lombardi called this alleged interest "comical" and "bullshit."
Said its Poles trying to rewrite the narrative.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:09 am 

Hussra wrote:
Cousins going to Atlanta and Wilson landing in Pittsburgh pushed the market price for Fields from a QB1 starter role/price to a backup. Nobody was going to invest more than nominal draft capital into a backup; esp not a backup who would end up costing $13 mil a season if you picked up the option.
The question is why was only Atlanta interested in Fields as a starter?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:29 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I believe the Bears essentially move to 8th if the Falcons lose their #1 pick for tampering.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:35 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
I have heard the narrative from multiple outlets that sending Fields to the Steelers enhanced the Bears reputation with players, agents (specifically Fields super agent) and whomever else around the league. I hope these people are ready to to give us concrete examples of players we have land in the future that we otherwise would not have because of reputation.

I don't think it hurts. I definitely think it also helps with the guys who are currently in the locker room.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
badrogue17 wrote:
He ‘s going to beat out the quarterback whose stats last year he’s never even approached and have zero reason to expect he wont easily equal this year ( better line , better receivers derp derp) Thats why you guys are referred to as a Cult .

Yeah he's going to beat out the guy who was benched at the end of last season and a guy whose former team paid to go away.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Yeah he's going to beat out the guy who was benched at the end of last season and a guy whose former team paid to go away.

:lol:

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:43 am 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I don't think it hurts. I definitely think it also helps with the guys who are currently in the locker room.

Player A Agent : Hey , I have 2 offers here, one from Team A , the other from the Bears . Team A is offering 5 million more but dont forget, the Bears have Ryan Poles who did Justin Fields a solid a couple years ago, remember?
Player A : Yeah I do. Sounds like Team A really wants me, lets get it done !!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:45 am 

Isn't it ironic (and hypocritical) that the very same rationale (means of acquisition) are being used to assess Fields value but not Wilson's? Just Asking A Question

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:46 am 

Isn't it ironic (and hypocritical) that the very same rationale (means of acquisition) are being used to assess Fields value but not Wilson's? Just Asking A Question

Probably because Wilson didnt suck when he played last year

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:49 am 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Player A Agent : Hey , I have 2 offers here, one from Team A , the other from the Bears . Team A is offering 5 million more but dont forget, the Bears have Ryan Poles who did Justin Fields a solid a couple years ago, remember?
Player A : Yeah I do. Sounds like Team A really wants me, lets get it done !!

I don't think that $5M extra will be a deciding factor for everyone. It's been reported that MANY players didn't want to play for the Bears because of the organizations reputation. As I also said, I think it helps with the guys in the Bears locker room the most. Young guys like CTE Brisker are sensitive about the business of the NFL.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:50 am 

It's pretty funny that there was no expectation of "doing right" by (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky even though he made a Pro Bowl as a Bear and led them to the playoffs. Instead, they signed a free agent to replace him, kept him on the team, and even after he beat out Foles in the preseason and then was benched and came back and led the Bears to the playoffs again they instead shifted all the blame to him for his failures.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:50 am 

badrogue17 wrote:

Probably because Wilson didnt suck when he played last year

And yet he was still benched and later cut. Meanwhile you keep claiming that Fields sucks. You've been preaching this for 3 years now and yet he was still able to be traded. And moved as part of a trade in which most NFL "observers" believed that the Bears were fleeced.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:52 am 

Brick wrote:
It's pretty funny that there was no expectation of "doing right" by (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky even though he made a Pro Bowl as a Bear and led them to the playoffs. Instead, they signed a free agent to replace him, kept him on the team, and even after he beat out Foles in the preseason and then was benched and came back and led the Bears to the playoffs again they instead shifted all the blame to him for his failures.

Because (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky never played on a team where most of the players absolutely sucked.

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:52 am 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
It's pretty funny that there was no expectation of "doing right" by (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky even though he made a Pro Bowl as a Bear and led them to the playoffs. Instead, they signed a free agent to replace him, kept him on the team, and even after he beat out Foles in the preseason and then was benched and came back and led the Bears to the playoffs again they instead shifted all the blame to him for his failures.

Nagy had the media in his pocket.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:53 am 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
It's pretty funny that there was no expectation of "doing right" by (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky even though he made a Pro Bowl as a Bear and led them to the playoffs. Instead, they signed a free agent to replace him, kept him on the team, and even after he beat out Foles in the preseason and then was benched and came back and led the Bears to the playoffs again they instead shifted all the blame to him for his failures.

If (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is better, then why did the Steelers just trade for Fields to be his backup? Just Asking A Question

Cheap option for a team that didn't have much cap space?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:54 am 

We have posters saying that Fields is as good as Russell Wilson, holy shit Bears fans are amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:57 am 

Brick wrote:
It's pretty funny that there was no expectation of "doing right" by (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky even though he made a Pro Bowl as a Bear and led them to the playoffs. Instead, they signed a free agent to replace him, kept him on the team, and even after he beat out Foles in the preseason and then was benched and came back and led the Bears to the playoffs again they instead shifted all the blame to him for his failures.

If (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is better, then why did the Steelers just trade for Fields to be his backup? Just Asking A Question

The Steelers let (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky walk and seemingly they are going to let Fields walk after this year too since it's been reported they aren't picking up his fifth year option.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:02 am 

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:
It's pretty funny that there was no expectation of "doing right" by (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky even though he made a Pro Bowl as a Bear and led them to the playoffs. Instead, they signed a free agent to replace him, kept him on the team, and even after he beat out Foles in the preseason and then was benched and came back and led the Bears to the playoffs again they instead shifted all the blame to him for his failures.

If (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is better, then why did the Steelers just trade for Fields to be his backup? Just Asking A Question

The Steelers let (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky walk and seemingly they are going to let Fields walk after this year too since it's been reported they aren't picking up his fifth year option.

Courtney Cronin have that info ? She's the only one to have the actual truth on things.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:21 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:

We have posters saying that Fields is as good as Russell Wilson, holy shit Bears fans are amazing.

packers fan is laughing through his tears knowing he is playing for third place this year

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:23 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

packers fan is laughing through his tears knowing he is playing for third place this year

Would you like to place a wager on that?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next