It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:55 am 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Brick wrote:
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Oh man. A QB with better lineman, better receivers, and a better running game just might perform better than the other guy did as a rookie. What next? You knew that Jordan was going to perform better than Sedale Threat did his rookie year?

Stop making so many excuses.

As if the things which I happened to cite didn't factor into your "decision". And I'm still not worried because I think Caleb will be a bust.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:56 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
good dolphin wrote:
I can see a Lauri Markannen type narrative formulating amongst Groupthink once Fields shines and Caleb flops.

I hope both of them are wildly successful and meet in the Super Bowl.

Any Bears fan who doesn't want Fields to start 51% of the games next year is cutting off his nose to spite his face.

It would be fine, but I'll be more concerned about the development of C-Will.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:57 am 

denisdman wrote:
Cult rolls out Fields excuse train. Everything is on that list but the name Justin.

Nah the real test would be whose the better QB THIS YEAR. I knew Brick would never take that action however. Neither would track shoes Vegan! Though he loves to troll however doesn't he? Just Asking A Question

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:58 am 

Brick wrote:
Oh man. A QB with better lineman, better receivers, and a better running game just might perform better than the other guy did as a rookie. What next? You knew that Jordan was going to perform better than Sedale Threat did his rookie year?

Stop making so many excuses.

As if the things which I happened to cite didn't factor into your "decision". And I'm still not worried because I think Caleb will be a bust.
If you aren't worried then why make excuses?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:59 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
denisdman wrote:
Cult rolls out Fields excuse train. Everything is on that list but the name Justin.

Nah the real test would be whose the better QB THIS YEAR. I knew Brick would never take that action however. Neither would track shoes Vegan! Though he loves to troll however doesn't he? Just Asking A Question

You’re saying Fields will have a better 2024 than Williams?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I can see a Lauri Markannen type narrative formulating amongst Groupthink once Fields shines and Caleb flops.

Any Bears fan who doesn't want Fields to start 51% of the games next year is cutting off his nose to spite his face.

So would I. Poles done fucked up!

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
denisdman wrote:

Pretty tough to measure- a rookie vs a back up.

Nardi wrote:

Lauri said himself what turned it around for him. Plus, if you had had the passion for him you do with Justin(which you didn't), you'd still have only half an argument. The other half would be revisionism.

"You just wait. Someday Lauri will go to a European summer tournament and the light's going to flick on" said no one.

The only Markkanen type narrative anywhere in the universe is your narrative.

Now if Fields becomes a success and Caleb is a bust, have a parade and I'll wave an LTG pennant. Because you have made a giant stink about both. IN REAL TIME.

No you won't. You'll just pretend that he stunk when he was here and use that as justification for moving him. Just as MANY others will do. Just as Firing Tony Larussa was a cure-all for all that ailes. Until he was actually fired and we lost 20 more games the following year. Or replacing Fields with Bagent was "just the spark the team needed". And then he got his chance and sucked ass. With MANY having forgotten that they actually clamored for him Justin Fields can become a Hall Of Fame player (with Caleb sucking) and Groupthink is still going to claim it was the correct move.

As far as Lauri goes I got it wrong and have admitted it. However for MANY to proclaim that it was correct move (as you continue to do (just to be right) is silly. Particularly with the contract he received.. and the numbers he produces.

Bagent only played when Fields was hurt. He would have not played a down but for Fields' injury, which, not incidentally, occurred as it looked like he was turning things around for the better.

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
denisdman wrote:

You're god damn right Bobby Knight!

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:01 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Lauri said himself what turned it around for him. Plus, if you had had the passion for him you do with Justin(which you didn't), you'd still have only half an argument. The other half would be revisionism.

"You just wait. Someday Lauri will go to a European summer tournament and the light's going to flick on" said no one.

Now if Fields becomes a success and Caleb is a bust, have a parade and I'll wave an LTG pennant. Because you have made a giant stink about both. IN REAL TIME.

No you won't. You'll just pretend that he stunk when he was here and use that as justification for moving him. Just as MANY others will do. Just as Firing Tony Larussa was a cure-all for all that ailes. Until he was actually fired and we lost 20 more games the following year. Or replacing Fields with Bagent was "just the spark the team needed". And then he got his chance and sucked ass. With MANY having forgotten that they actually clamored for him Justin Fields can become a Hall Of Fame player (with Caleb sucking) and Groupthink is still going to claim it was the correct move.

As far as Lauri goes I got it wrong and have admitted it. However for MANY to proclaim that it was correct move (as you continue to do (just to be right) is silly. Particularly with the contract he received.. and the numbers he produces.

Bagent only played when Fields was hurt. He would have not played a down but for Fields' injury, which, not incidentally, occurred as it looked like he was turning things around for the better.

People were still clamoring for him to start before Fields injury.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:02 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
denisdman wrote:

You're got damn right Bobby Knight!

Then why do you refuse to predict what Fields' opening day stat line will be? He must be motivated to shut the haters up. So what stats will be put up?

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:04 am 

denisdman wrote:

If Fields actually plays, it may be close between Williams and Fields for this year. That's because Fields is a 4th year player and even great QBs often struggle as rookies. Josh Allen went for 10 touchdowns and 12 interceptions his rookie year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:05 am 

denisdman wrote:
Moves cannot be made in hindsight. Based all evidence we have to date, Justin is just not good enough. Caleb is simply a hope, and one that many say a top prospect coming out of college.

WYC? Trades are also 2nd guessed. And if Fields turns out to be good (highly likely) then this 8ne will be too. As it should be. This trade is a defining moment for Poles. If he misses then he should be shitcanned out the door.

The trade and situation leading up to it has already provided some definition for him. There is no objective way to define that trade as either a win for Poles or well handled.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:05 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Nardi wrote:

People were still clamoring for him to start before Fields injury.

Most simply wanted to give Bagent a tryout once it was clear that Fields wasn't the long term answer here.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:08 am 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

It's not that difficult to do two things at once. I couldn't be ambivalent about the Panthers losing last year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:09 am 

good dolphin wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Moves cannot be made in hindsight. Based all evidence we have to date, Justin is just not good enough. Caleb is simply a hope, and one that many say a top prospect coming out of college.

WYC? Trades are also 2nd guessed. And if Fields turns out to be good (highly likely) then this 8ne will be too. As it should be. This trade is a defining moment for Poles. If he misses then he should be shitcanned out the door.

The trade and situation leading up to it has already provided some definition for him. There is no objective way to define that trade as either a win for Poles or well handled.

What would be a win? Teams clearly didn't want to pay up for an ineffective guy whose option year was approaching. In the end, the market spoke the truth, and Chicagoans continue to live in fantasy land.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:14 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Short of trading Fields after the Redskins game, there wasn't a starting market. It was a win in the sense that he kept his word. He didn't send him to Siberia just to get a 5th. It was also a win for Fields.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:15 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

It's not that difficult to do two things at once. I couldn't be ambivalent about the Panthers losing last year.

You literally can't focus on multiple things.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:16 am 

I've said the cult thinks Fields is better than Mahomes and you can see it here. LTG has never said any of the following are definitively better than Fields:

Mahomes
Jackson
Stroud
Allen
Burrow

I am 100% sure of the following:

Had Fields been moved to KC, the cult would infiltrate that fanbase and start suggesting the offense may look different or more dangerous with Fields behind center because he presents a different kind of threat to the defense than Mahomes does. They would start discussions about the unlimited options Andy Reid would have at his disposal if Fields were under center. There would be legitimate chatter about Fields in that city to the extent that they'd experience a mini-QB controversy. We're already seeing this in Pittsburgh where people are saying Fields can lead the team to the Superbowl despite him never playing a postseason down in his life in the NFL. That is how delusional this cult is and they will never change their opinion, even after Fields is booted from the league due to ineffectiveness.

2013 CSFMB ROY

Last edited by veganfan21 on Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:17 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
denisdman wrote:

You're got damn right Bobby Knight!

Then why do you refuse to predict what Fields' opening day stat line will be? He must be motivated to shut the haters up. So what stats will be put up?

You're scared to go on the record as to what Caleb Williams will be as a player. WYC?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:21 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
denisdman wrote:

What would be a win? Teams clearly didn't want to pay up for an ineffective guy whose option year was approaching. In the end, the market spoke the truth, and Chicagoans continue to live in fantasy land.

You don't know that.

We do know that three other teams were bidding for Fields at the time he was traded, with better offers than the Steelers. This was reported by Cronin, whose work I heavily respect. It was seconded by Wilbon, who indicated it was at least a 4th. Four teams bidding is a good market. It doesn't take too much speculation to think that if he let that develop, he could have gotten something even better than a 4th.

You also don't know what teams were offering at the Combine, where it has been reported that multiple teams inquired. Poles was asking for too high of a price (I can only speculate it was a #1). Could he have created a bidding war at the Combine and gotten a 2-3? Several outlets were reporting a #2 and a #4 was the price teams were offering.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am 

denisdman wrote:
denisdman wrote:

It's March. MANY including me, expect Fields to beat Wilson out. It's only a matter of when and not if. There is a reason that Fields chose Pittsburgh over those other teams. And I doubt that it was with the expectation that he'd be a season long back up. Pittsburgh likely provided "assurances" to him in order for him to agree to the trade.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:24 am 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

You literally can't focus on multiple things.

I don't have to focus. The situation will happen with or without my attention. I can hope for two things to happen, even in the same game.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:24 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
denisdman wrote:

You don't know that.

We do know that three other teams were bidding for Fields at the time he was traded, with better offers than the Steelers. This was reported by Cronin, whose work I heavily respect. It was seconded by Wilbon, who indicated it was at least a 4th. Four teams bidding is a good market. It doesn't take too much speculation to think that if he let that develop, he could have gotten something even better than a 4th.

You also don't know what teams were offering at the Combine, where it has been reported that multiple teams inquired. Poles was asking for too high of a price (I can only speculate it was a #1). Could he have created a bidding war at the Combine and gotten a 2-3? Several outlets were reporting a #2 and a #4 was the price teams were offering.

This isn't true.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:26 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
denisdman wrote:
denisdman wrote:

It's March. MANY including me, expect Fields to beat Wilson out. It's only a matter of when and not if. There is a reason that Fields chose Pittsburgh over those other teams. And I doubt that it was with the expectation that he'd be a season long back up. Pittsburgh likely provided "assurances" to him in order for him to agree to the trade.

I do not believe the Bears needed approval to trade him. In any case, that would be quite a feat if he beats out Wilson.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:27 am 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
denisdman wrote:

You don't know that.

This isn't true.

Correct. There were five other teams besides Pittsburgh. Sorry for the underestimation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:29 am 

I think Caleb Williams will be a star next year AND that Fields will continue to improve.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:30 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:

This isn't true.

Correct. There were five other teams besides Pittsburgh. Sorry for the underestimation

She disagrees
https://youtu.be/VHpCJ9-po3g?si=5MivnHMuVafTRQix

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:30 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
He ‘s going to beat out the quarterback whose stats last year he’s never even approached and have zero reason to expect he wont easily equal this year ( better line , better receivers derp derp) Thats why you guys are referred to as a Cult .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:32 am 

good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
denisdman wrote:

You don't know that.

I think the latter part of your post is incorrect - the second round, third round, etc stuff was the initial buzz but as Breer and especially Graziano noted, teams didn't want to play ball on Poles' terms and instead let free agency play out. Graziano's reporting was most damaging and sobering since he said teams didn't view Fields as more of a sure thing than retreads like Lock and Darnold, which is why teams decided - correctly I think - to just pay money to guys like that instead of dropping more precious capital (picks) on Fields who isn't a surefire thing and who also has an option year coming up.

I also like Cronin but Biggs directly refuted her report on 670. Diana Russeini from the Athletic also was skeptical. Both suggested Cronin's report - which I think is just parroting something Ian Rapaport said - was Halas Hall spin to mitigate the bad look of the low return.

Lastly, i think the elephant in the room is the 25m teams have to decide on by May. Had this discussion happened last year perhaps the market would be better because you have two years of rookie contract Fields instead of just one. That's why it made sense to pay more for Pickett because you've got two years of cost control with him instead of one for Fields. And I think Fields played slightly better than Pickett last year but again, per Graziano, it's not like Fields' play clearly separated himself from the pack.

2013 CSFMB ROY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next