It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
ALSO, very handsome

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nardi wrote:
ALSO, very handsome

He's a swimmer, but I'm not sure he can play with arms like that. He may need to step back from the upper body weight training.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
When you watch game stuff on Williams and Fields you notice a few things.

The first thing you notice is how much better he is fundamentally than Fields. Williams is balanced and can get throws off quickly into tight zones, can see a much more complex route tree with him at QB and with the two quality vets at WR.

It was amazing that a guy as athletic as Justin Fields never was able to improve his speed of his drop and his footwork, he just never got any better and it would inexplicably completely fall apart at times during games, mostly in the second half of games leading to a parade of ugly three and outs.

You regularly see wide open guys standing 10 yards away from Fields on plays where he takes sacks, see this frequently when watching the Bears OT's last season. He just cannot pull the trigger because he got happy feet at the first sign of outside pressure, and instead of stepping up and hitting the wide open guy he had to stop and try to reset his feet which took just long enough for him to get sacked.

If Williams can simply just get the ball to his backs and let them pick up 5 yards instead of taking a sack for throwing an incompletion you likely get 2-3 more first downs each quarter and put more points on the board.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

I believe it was a play against Colorado, but I saw Caleb get rid of the ball as fast as I've seen any quarterback. I can't speak to the dropbacks because he was in shotgun 98% of the time. That's going to take time to get right. He was only asked to read one side of the field a lot as well. He's a football junkie, so hopefully the lumps he takes are primarily during camp.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
I believe it was a play against Colorado, but I saw Caleb get rid of the ball as fast as I've seen any quarterback. I can't speak to the dropbacks because he was in shotgun 98% of the time. That's going to take time to get right. He was only asked to read one side of the field a lot as well. He's a football junkie, so hopefully the lumps he takes are primarily during camp.

Cliche alert: Similar things were also said about Trunisky and Fields around the time they were drafted.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

Cliche alert: Similar things were also said about Trunisky and Fields around the time they were drafted.

I don't think that's true. Fields couldn't tell you the areas of his game he needed to improve, and he never made significant strides in any area of weakness. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky struggled to speak in general and never improved against zone coverage. From what I've seen/heard, Caleb obsesses about the most minor details like a Brady and Kobe. He wants to be great and is willing to do more than run on a treadmill for the cameras. I genuinely believe we're going to have a special quarterback.

Believe!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

I don't think that's true. Fields couldn't tell you the areas of his game he needed to improve, and he never made significant strides in any area of weakness. (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky struggled to speak in general and never improved against zone coverage. From what I've seen/heard, Caleb obsesses about the most minor details like a Brady and Kobe. He wants to be great and is willing to do more than run on a treadmill for the cameras. I genuinely believe we're going to have a special quarterback.

Believe!

Nagy said Fields was a football savant who had perfect recall of every play Nagy wanted to discuss with him. He said Fields' football IQ was "off the charts" and his passion for discussing the game matched his intelligence.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
That was probably the meeting where Fields asked Stroud to cover for him so Fields could get more treadmill work in.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

I don't think that's true. Fields couldn't tell you the areas of his game he needed to improve, and he never made significant strides in any area of weakness. (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky struggled to speak in general and never improved against zone coverage. From what I've seen/heard, Caleb obsesses about the most minor details like a Brady and Kobe. He wants to be great and is willing to do more than run on a treadmill for the cameras. I genuinely believe we're going to have a special quarterback.

Believe!

Nagy said Fields was a football savant who had perfect recall of every play Nagy wanted to discuss with him. He said Fields' football IQ was "off the charts" and his passion for discussing the game matched his intelligence.

Fields was probably just looking over Nagy’s shoulder at the play-call wallpaper.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

Not really, people talked about Mitch not being able to win the starting job at North Carolina until his Junior year and the reports on Fields were that he held onto the ball too long and struggled to read defenses.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

Not really, people talked about Mitch not being able to win the starting job at North Carolina until his Junior year and the reports on Fields were that he held onto the ball too long and struggled to read defenses.

Non sequitur alert: Your comments have absolutely nothing to do with the point I was making. For the sake of your patients, I hope you can comprehend doctors' orders better than you can message board comments.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:06 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

Non sequitur alert: Your comments have absolutely nothing to do with the point I was making. For the sake of your patients, I hope you can comprehend doctors' orders better than you can message board comments.

You'd be surprised how many times he has to write the charts in crayon so the doctors understand.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

I don't think that's true. Fields couldn't tell you the areas of his game he needed to improve, and he never made significant strides in any area of weakness. (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky struggled to speak in general and never improved against zone coverage. From what I've seen/heard, Caleb obsesses about the most minor details like a Brady and Kobe. He wants to be great and is willing to do more than run on a treadmill for the cameras. I genuinely believe we're going to have a special quarterback.

Believe!

I kinda remember that from Nagy about the board work on Draft Day or the following day. Other than Nagy's lies, I'm not sure if there was any other evidence. Orlovsky went in the opposite direction with his lies.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

You'd be surprised how many times he has to write the charts in crayon so the doctors understand.

Frankly, I'm surprised Nurse Claw can escape from their hypermasculinized fantasy world long enough to hold down any kind of job. Maybe that's part of the fantasy, too.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:52 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Or just possibly if those teams had a competent quarterback they could have better.

Out of town NFL expert LTG doesnt want to use wins to evaluate. Ok then.

TD/INT ratio? Worst in the league among qualified starters over the last 3 seasons.

Sack rate? Worst in the league among qualified starters over the last 3 seasons.

4th quarter peformance? Rated #42 in the league among qualified QBs over the last 3 seasons.

Fumbles? Most in the NFL over the last 3 seasons.

Yeah, you just gotta keep a guy like that and build around H1M.
Along with the above, among the 25 QBs who have started at least 30 games over the last 3 seasons, Fields ranks second to last in pass yards. Only Daniel Jones has thrown for fewer yards.

But H1M rushes the ball, he runs like the wind blows!
Cool. So lets factor that in, and add Fields' rushing yards. Fields' total yards over the last three seasons is more than only 8* other qualified QBs passing yards.
*two of those eight players had zero passing yards in 2023- Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers. Another is Geno Smith who only played in 4 games in 2021.

Still waiting for a longtimeHawk rebuttal with actual numbers and stats that show why Fields is a good QB.
Hawk, LTG...the floor is yours.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Williams is meh---most definitely not a franchise QB. The Bears would just be moving laterally by picking him #1 when there's no evidence he's better than Fields. You're trading known for unknown, that's it.

The Bears would be better off trading down and getting two picks in the 1st round, one a QB and the other an offensive tackle, receiver or rusher.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:42 am 

Dignified Rube wrote:
Williams is meh---most definitely not a franchise QB. The Bears would just be moving laterally by picking him #1 when there's no evidence he's better than Fields. You're trading known for unknown, that's it.

The Bears would be better off trading down and getting two picks in the 1st round, one a QB and the other an offensive tackle, receiver or rusher.

I have never felt better about the plan to draft Williams!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:44 am 

RFDC wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

Almost just like when 312 makes another declaration.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:49 am 

RFDC wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

That's just the human condition when something's inevitable. I feel as good about it as I possibly can. But of course that rule doesn't pertain to cults and contrarians. Guys like Rube just put their finger in the wind and then piss the opposite way.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:52 am 

Nardi wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

That's just the human condition when something's inevitable. I feel as good about it as I possibly can. But of course that rule doesn't pertain to cults and contrarians. Guys like Rube just put their finger in the wind and then piss the opposite way.

I have no clue whether he will be good or bad. I am just glad to see they are taking a big swing at being great.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Dignified Rube wrote:

Definitely not?

Yes they traded a known middling QB for a guy that many think is generational. Every move is a risk, and this looks like a good risk to take.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:01 am 
100000 CLUB

Moving from a poor man's Reggie Theus to Jordan is smart.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:21 am 

RFDC wrote:
Nardi wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

I have no clue whether he will be good or bad. I am just glad to see they are taking a big swing at being great.

I think you are downplaying what you really think. I think he's going to be good based on nothing. It sure as hell doesn't do me a bit of good thinking he's going to be bad based on nothing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:24 am 

Nardi wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Nardi wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

I think you are downplaying what you really think. I think he's going to be good based on nothing. It sure as hell doesn't do me a bit of good thinking he's going to be bad based on nothing.

I really hope he is good. But who the hell knows. I watched some videos on the top guys and Nix looked the best to me, but he will probably not even be a backup QB for his career.

I hated Stroud last year from what I watched of him and was sure he was going to be terrible. And look how that went.

Take a swing at it and hope for the best.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
This might be the greatest endorsement of Caleb Williams I’ve seen. Sanders is basically football Trump yet even he acknowledges the pecking order:

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:56 am 
100000 CLUB

Fuck that! I put too much energy into evaluating this kid. I was right about the media and non Fields Cult dismissing the bullshit character concerns once they heard him speak. I feel more strongly about my assessment of his game. If he ends up being a healthy bust, I will need a padded room. Preferably, orange and navy blue.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:10 am 

Nas wrote:
Fuck that! I put too much energy into evaluating this kid. I was right about the media and non Fields Cult dismissing the bullshit character concerns once they heard him speak. I feel more strongly about my assessment of his game. If he ends up being a healthy bust, I will need a padded room. Preferably, orange and navy blue.

Green and Good :P

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:13 am 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:

Green and Good :P

Your phone or computer knows better. It autocorrected that for you.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:24 am 

Nas wrote:

He's only 6'0-7/8". It's a real concern.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:29 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

He's only 6'0-7/8". It's a real concern.

:lol: :lol: I've been waiting for a cultist to mention this. He'll lift lighter during the season or do some yoga or see a chiropractor.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next