It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:01 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Theorized numerous times that Poles was out on Fields from day one, but knew it would take 2-3 years to rebuild his roster and reset his cap, so he kept Justin around until he felt the roster was upgraded enough to compete.

It makes perfect sense when you look at several glaring pieces of evidence.

GM's always want their guy at QB, when you reset the rookie deal window you have several years to add salaries before you have to pay your QB and end up in cap hell like the Chargers.

Poles had seven draft picks in the first three rounds while Fields was on the roster, he picked five defensive players and two offensive players, only one offensive lineman and never addressed the glaring weakness at center. The forced a QB that had a difficult time reading defenses to make the line checks, a vet center could have helped him out immensely, the fact that they did not address that position spoke volumes as they had to know it would limit the offense.

The offense was not built to cater to things Fields does well, they tried to make him a pocket passer when the rest of the league saw that his only chance for success was to get the pocket moving to take advantage of his abilities.

It seems a 2-3 year tank was the plan all along, he could have reset at QB last year, but moved the #1 pick to prepare for this year where he saw a better QB class and had cap room to make trades and absorb a few big cap hits.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:45 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Can't agree more with all you said. I'm excited that Poles has set up Caleb for success like this. Having one more receiver, or Scott improving greatly from last year, would be the final icing on the cake for the offense having almost everything you could ask for with a rookie QB coming in.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:15 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I am curious.... Without a mid to late 1st round pick, where are they going to acquire this center? I am pretty sure 2-3 centers will go in the 1st round.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:16 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:40 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Cashman wrote:
I am curious.... Without a mid to late 1st round pick, where are they going to acquire this center? I am pretty sure 2-3 centers will go in the 1st round.

They signed the Rams starting center.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: John's
ClawGPT or deni$..most obnoxious attention whore on CFMB..who ya got?!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Clawmaster wrote:
Theorized numerous times that Poles was out on Fields from day one, but knew it would take 2-3 years to rebuild his roster and reset his cap, so he kept Justin around until he felt the roster was upgraded enough to compete.

GM's always want their guy at QB, when you reset the rookie deal window you have several years to add salaries before you have to pay your QB and end up in cap hell like the Chargers.

Poles had seven draft picks in the first three rounds while Fields was on the roster, he picked five defensive players and two offensive players, only one offensive lineman and never addressed the glaring weakness at center. The forced a QB that had a difficult time reading defenses to make the line checks, a vet center could have helped him out immensely, the fact that they did not address that position spoke volumes as they had to know it would limit the offense.

The offense was not built to cater to things Fields does well, they tried to make him a pocket passer when the rest of the league saw that his only chance for success was to get the pocket moving to take advantage of his abilities.

It seems a 2-3 year tank was the plan all along, he could have reset at QB last year, but moved the #1 pick to prepare for this year where he saw a better QB class and had cap room to make trades and absorb a few big cap hits.

So, you agree with Holmes, Rahimi, Greenberg, etc., that Fields was set up to fail?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Warren Newson wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

So, you agree with Holmes, Rahimi, Greenberg, etc., that Fields was set up to fail?

I am not sure how you teach someone to ready a defense, but... if it can be taught, that is on the Bears for not helping him with this. Now, if he put 0 effort into this, that is on him. You can not be successful in this league but throwing for 2000 yards and not being able to read a defense. He had a legit #1 WR this year and a decent TE. He can not throw the ball, period.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:12 am 

drake maye sucks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:23 am 

Congrats on finally getting something right.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Clawmaster wrote:

Yeah when you step back from it, that is probably his thinking. Its clearly Poles and Eberfulsh's mess right now. Its really ironic thatnow Chicago has got two teams that want Chicago to give them two multiple billions dollar sports stadiums right now :drunken: :drunken: I hope both of those teams end up playing in Gary , Indiana.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Brick wrote:

Definitely wrong.

Fields would be here next year if not for the chance to take Williams. I’m not sure if the Claw theory included the Panthers collapse.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Can't agree more with all you said. I'm excited that Poles has set up Caleb for success like this. Having one more receiver, or Scott improving greatly from last year, would be the final icing on the cake for the offense having almost everything you could ask for with a rookie QB coming in.

It will never be more clear how a single player can pull down a team than Caleb Williams will next season. What a stupid GM/HC decision. Great opportunity for Bagent to take over as QB. :drunken: :drunken:

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:36 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Brick wrote:

Definitely wrong.

Fields would be here next year if not for the chance to take Williams. I’m not sure if the Claw theory included the Panthers collapse.

Maybe one day Claw will be right on something.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

Definitely wrong.

He will be sure to let us know

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:50 am 

Warren Newson wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Nope, he had already failed and apparently everyone other than certain board members knew it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:53 am 

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

Definitely wrong.

Once again you choose an odd hill to die on.

I am just pointing out what the rest of the league recognized a few years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:54 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

Definitely wrong.

He will be sure to let us know

The massive throbbing football brain known as Caller Bob speaks!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:03 am 

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

Definitely wrong.

Find your lack of football acumen somewhat astounding, guess you missed the rest of the league passing up the opportunity to trade for Justin Fields, now why do you think that happened?

Poles just took advantage of the rebuild in Carolina and played the odds.

The board members that actually understand the NFL discussed this at length last year and most agreed that the Carolina pick would be at least top 10, this was all likely a bit confusing to you, but try to keep up and you might actually learn a bit about football and the NFL.

Will even send you, Caller Bob, and Nardi a Crayola starter kit, will have to stick to the primary colors at first, but if you keep trying you will eventually get it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:27 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's

Fields may or may not be a better option than some or all of the QB's on the list below.

However, Fields would cost more in terms of:

1. had to spend draft capital to even get Fields in the building. Free agent QB's don't have that extra expense.

2. Fields 5th year option decision due a week after the draft. Steelers or whatever team would pick up the 5th year and it would make the cost of Fields (i believe the 5th year money is guaranteed at that point?) around $27,000,000 for the two seasons combined. Likely Steelers do a Jordan Love type deal with Fields but who knows.

Anyhow. taking Minshew as the example:

Minshew (i) did not cost a draft pick and (ii) makes around / slightly less than Fields and only $15 mil guaranteed.

Depsite the extra cost of trading draft capital and Fields being at the high-end for a back-up QB, Poles (reportedly) still had 5 offers for Fields:

once the market shifted from Fields as potential QB1 (Atlanta before Cousins or Steelers before RWAG signed), the relatively high cost of Fields as a backup made teams less willing to offer better draft picks for Fields.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:48 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

Definitely wrong.

Find your lack of football acumen somewhat astounding, guess you missed the rest of the league passing up the opportunity to trade for Justin Fields, now why do you think that happened?

The board members that actually understand the NFL discussed this at length last year and most agreed that the Carolina pick would be at least top 10, this was all likely a bit confusing to you, but try to keep up and you might actually learn a bit about football and the NFL.

Will even send you, Caller Bob, and Nardi a Crayola starter kit, will have to stick to the primary colors at first, but if you keep trying you will eventually get it.

Antioch said you were wrong so I'm going with that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:04 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Brick wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

Definitely wrong.

Antioch said you were wrong so I'm going with that.

I wasn’t even offered a crayola starter kit for my efforts.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:05 am 

I don't think you even get a starter kit. It's just crayons. You just buy crayons. That's the starter kit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:07 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Clawmaster wrote:
Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

Definitely wrong.

A double response to Purdue Rick. "And another thing".

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:52 pm 

Brick wrote:
I don't think you even get a starter kit. It's just crayons. You just buy crayons. That's the starter kit.

You get the starter kit with just the primary colors in pre-school, once you show an ability to think and process things you get access to the 64-color assortment.

Safe to say that most here will never get beyond the NFL acumen starter kit.