It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:24 am 

Leave all the performance related discussion out of this. I still have no idea where the idea comes from the Justin Fields is unique as a person. He just seemed like your run of the mill NFL player. He never really said anything interesting or controversial. I think he put in the same amount of effort that most players do. I'm sure the other players liked him but they also all seem to understand that he lost his job for the same reasons that most NFL players lose their jobs.

Why does it feel like so many people feel sorry for him any more than they feel for other Bears draft picks that end up going somewhere else?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: John's
He states his pronouns correctly in his emails

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Brick wrote:
Leave all the performance related discussion out of this. I still have no idea where the idea comes from the Justin Fields is unique as a person. He just seemed like your run of the mill NFL player. He never really said anything interesting or controversial. I think he put in the same amount of effort that most players do. I'm sure the other players liked him but they also all seem to understand that he lost his job for the same reasons that most NFL players lose their jobs.

Why does it feel like so many people feel sorry for him any more than they feel for other Bears draft picks that end up going somewhere else?

He did have a super controversial moment after week 3 after he threw for like 7 yards the first three games. He dismissed being taught how to play out of the pocket which is basically saying I can dominate this game without being taught anything. Then he played like the below average guy he is the rest of the season and got Getsy fired.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:31 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Brick wrote:

I have no clue either. He came into the league demanding that he be the leader, he bus tosses teammates and coaches, and he's struggled accepting accountability for his shortcomings. I never understood the overwhelming love for him as a player or a person. At least I could see the physical gifts as a player.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Jason Goff talks about the Fields thing some on the most recent BS Report or whatever Bill Simmons' podcast is called.

Goff talks about Fields being the first drafted-by-the Bears black QB vs undrafted Willie Thrower, Vince Evans, Henry Burris, Kordell Stewart weren't Bears draft picks and how it sucked to see the team fail Fields (as they have most every other QB they've drafted).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I have no idea. There’s also a desperation from the cult to misconstrue teammates saying nice things as evidence professional athletes will revolt if he’s not on the team.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:02 am 
100000 CLUB

If this were 1990, I could understand the black quarterback thing more. In 2024, it's about results. I'm willing to set aside my light skinned brother bias and embrace Caleb Williams.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I have no idea. There’s also a desperation from the cult to misconstrue teammates saying nice things as evidence professional athletes will revolt if he’s not on the team.

DJ Moore wrote:
Business is Business.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:51 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Hussra wrote:
Jason Goff talks about the Fields thing some on the most recent BS Report or whatever Bill Simmons' podcast is called.

Goff talks about Fields being the first drafted-by-the Bears black QB vs undrafted Willie Thrower, Vince Evans, Henry Burris, Kordell Stewart weren't Bears draft picks and how it sucked to see the team fail Fields (as they have most every other QB they've drafted).

yeh yeh yeh, not counting the ones before him, or the one immediately after him, this was the only time a Bears quarterback looked like me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:42 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:

He did have a super controversial moment after week 3 after he threw for like 7 yards the first three games. He dismissed being taught how to play out of the pocket which is basically saying I can dominate this game without being taught anything. Then he played like the below average guy he is the rest of the season and got Getsy fired.

Exactly. Gifted athlete, got lucky by getting into Ohio St, and he peaked there. I don't blame him for believing in himself, but it's obvious the NFL is handing his ass on a platter.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:14 pm 

I think he bought drinks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Kap, Hub, Mulli and Dan Wiederer do the "Fields is a great guy" spiel before any critique of Fields like clockwork. It's mostly white media petrified of getting cancelled with a slip-up. It's much more rare to hear a white athlete is a "great guy" even if he does a ton of charity work.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Brick wrote:

"Feel sorry for him"? He is a premier athlete with a good attitude. I think that average Bear's fans outside of the William's cult respect that while not respecting the prima donna history of the USC athlete. Poles put his entire career on Williams who had better become a SUPERSTAR Starting next year. Hell, I just saw a couple of so-called experts say now that Williams is 'BETTER THAN MAHOMES". NO EXCUSES.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:52 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:

Oh My...... Next thing we will be hearing is that Field is responsible for world hunger and a gasoline shortage. Maybe vegan will get Fani Williams on the case if she gets fired from the Trump case? Afterall, Fields had a 'SUPER CONTROVERSIAL MOMENT AFTER WEEK3. AMAZING HOW vegan REACTS TO A FUCKING PLAYER IN A FOOTBALL GAME, EH?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:54 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Brick wrote:

"Feel sorry for him"? He is a premier athlete with a good attitude. I think that average Bear's fans outside of the William's cult respect that while not respecting the prima donna history of the USC athlete. Poles put his entire career on Williams who had better become a SUPERSTAR Starting next year. Hell, I just saw a couple of so-called experts say now that Williams is 'BETTER THAN MAHOMES". NO EXCUSES.

Why is Fields a better guy than Caleb Williams?

It seems to be a prima donna move to tell the Bears what team you want to be traded to.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:22 pm 

He buys drinks. Bigfan Theory 101.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
If this were 1990, I could understand the black quarterback thing more. In 2024, it's about results. I'm willing to set aside my light skinned brother bias and embrace Caleb Williams.

That's mighty dark of you.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:36 pm 

Brick wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Brick wrote:

Why is Fields a better guy than Caleb Williams?

It seems to be a prima donna move to tell the Bears what team you want to be traded to.

lots of middle aged people, even one's who fashion themselves as open minded, get freaked out over males displaying any vulnerability or self expression. There are probably very logical anthropological reasons for such fear

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

They want to stick a dick in your ass. When you wiggle your ass, they call it resisting.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
His teammates seem to love him and be willing to run thru a wall for him. And I don’t think it’s lip service either -reporters and people who have been around him sing his praises as a good dude too.

I don’t think it’s a stretch. From a fans perspective he took all the shitty things thrown at him and never seemed to let it get to him, he also continued to get back up after getting clobbered plenty of times. From the outside looking in, he does come across as a solid hard working dude.

I wanted him traded so the team could move on, but I never disliked the dude or thought he was an asshat. He’s got my respect as a Bear fan. I hope he beats out Russ and find success with the Steelers.

Last edited by NME on Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
NME wrote:
, he also continued to get back up after getting clobbered plenty of times.

So, about that...

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:04 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
NME wrote:
, he also continued to get back up after getting clobbered plenty of times.

Well...

You know I’m not absolving him of some of the blame there. But still, the kid kept trucking just about no matter what.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:07 am 

NME wrote:
His teammates seem to love him and be willing to run thru a wall for him. And I don’t think it’s lip service either -reporters and people who have been around him sing his praises as a good dude too.

I don’t think it’s a stretch. From a fans perspective he took all the shitty things thrown at him and never seemed to let it get to him, he also continued to get back up after getting clobbered plenty of times. From the outside looking in, he does come across as a solid hard working dude.

I wanted him traded so the team could move on, but I never disliked the dude or thought he was an asshat. He’s got my respect as a Bear fan. I hope he beats out Russ and find success with the Steelers.

Same.

I don't need to hate every ex I've had.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:19 am 

It's not about hate. It's about the over the top love he is getting that I've never seen before for a guy who never even made a pro bowl.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:26 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
NME wrote:

Same.

Both of you are founding members of the cult. Not being delusional about Fields as a player and person is far different than hate.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:28 am 

If he never hurt his thumb, he likely would be in an upscale strip club serving as a bathroom attendant.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:07 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
NME wrote:

Same.

The same cliches were spouted by (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's teammates--and have been uttered about dozens of other failed NFL quarterbacks. There is nothing "uniquely good" about Fields, and the truth is he apparently could be a priss in certain situations and was nothing more than a cipher in many others. Not a bad guy, not a great guy, and certainly not uniquely good.

Last edited by Tall Midget on Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: What??
He's no Jim Thome!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:12 am 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
NME wrote:

Same.

Both of you are founding members of the cult. Not being delusional about Fields as a player and person is far different than hate.

While I was definitely a fan of his coming out of college -I’ve been vocal about his shortcomings as a pro from the start. I’m also fully on board with his being traded. So.. anointing me a member (especially a founding member) of his cult is a bit odd.

I just don’t hate him -didn’t hate Mitch either.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:22 pm 

Nas wrote:
They want to stick a dick in your ass. When you wiggle your ass, they call it resisting.

DID YOU HAVE SOME PERSONAL EXPERIENCE REGARDING THIS WIGGLING?