It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Lions play a 1st place schedule 2024: Bills, @Cowgirls, @Texan/Stroud, @Niners, Rams/Stafford looking for revenge among their games. Also, good chance they have an almost-made-the-super-bowl-but-our-coach-is-a-dumbass hangover from last season.

O'Connell and the Vikings strike out getting a QB in the draft--and maybe even if they draft a QB--do they dial/snapchat/facetime/swipe-right-on-QB-tinder TB12
NFC team easiest path back to the Super Bowl for Brady. NFC South easiest division; but he's already been-there, done-that with the Bucs and Falcons/Saints heavily invested in Cousins/Carr.

2 best potential Brady landing-spots in terms of roster/QB need and path-of-least-resistance to SBXI for TB12 are in the NFC North.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Tall Midget wrote:
NME wrote:
As for the Bears, there will be growing pains at QB -there’s a reason why what Stroud did is so rare.. but 9 wins should be fairly easy to come by considering how close some of the Bears losses were last year with a QB that struggled to throw for 150 yards a game.

Fields averaged about 247 yards of total offense per game last year.

Will Williams be able to surpass that?

I think if he throws for that amount per game or close to that it will open up the run game for the backs more instead of the QB needing to eat up those rushing yards.. and yes I think it’s possible for him to have a total average that matches my or exceeds that. Especially with as much of a ‘thrower’ he is. And of course, Williams can scramble too

Also, I think Fields was around total 225 per game.. that’s very doable

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Pretty weak draft scenario for the Bear's. they went from a terrific bounty from their number one pick to having 4 fucking picks in the entire draft. All for a short contact adverse quarterback from a university with a piss poor track record of "developing generational quarterbacks".

Now NASty is having conniptions about the two best receivers on the BEARS being Over-rated and too old. And they havent' improved their offensive line, defensive backfield, tight end, and defensive end spots. All the draft picks which the smart trade of the number one pick would have given them. What a "deal" they turned down.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
The Hawk wrote:
Pretty weak draft scenario for the Bear's. they went from a terrific bounty from their number one pick to having 4 fucking picks in the entire draft. All for a short contact adverse quarterback from a university with a piss poor track record of "developing generational quarterbacks".

Now NASty is having conniptions about the two best receivers on the BEARS being Over-rated and too old. And they havent' improved their offensive line, defensive backfield, tight end, and defensive end spots. All the draft picks which the smart trade of the number one pick would have given them. What a "deal" they turned down.

You do not like the signings at center and safety? They added a tight end too. I feel like the Bears made solid moves so far.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:06 pm 

denisdman wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

You do not like the signings at center and safety? They added a tight end too. I feel like the Bears made solid moves so far.

No I don't. They had the chance at getting an OT and WR in the first round. A TE in rd 3 and a DE in Rd 2 and a C in the 4th Rd. In my opinion, Poles "settled" at the additions you mentioned in my knowledge of the players they added/ I may be wrong. Its happened before. :wink: :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Tall Midget wrote:
NME wrote:
As for the Bears, there will be growing pains at QB -there’s a reason why what Stroud did is so rare.. but 9 wins should be fairly easy to come by considering how close some of the Bears losses were last year with a QB that struggled to throw for 150 yards a game.

We're about 10 days away. What do you think? What are your expectations?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:09 am 

The Hawk wrote:
denisdman wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

No I don't. They had the chance at getting an OT and WR in the first round. A TE in rd 3 and a DE in Rd 2 and a C in the 4th Rd. In my opinion, Poles "settled" at the additions you mentioned in my knowledge of the players they added/ I may be wrong. Its happened before. :wink: :wink:

They signed a TE with 109 receptions the last two years to be their TE2. They signed a former pro bowl safety who never misses games and is good at causing turnovers. They also signed a guy with a lot of starts under his belt to back him up at safety.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:56 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
denisdman wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

They signed a TE with 109 receptions the last two years to be their TE2. They signed a former pro bowl safety who never misses games and is good at causing turnovers. They also signed a guy with a lot of starts under his belt to back him up at safety.

I don't know. The older safeties can suddenly become big liabilities. Eddie was a pro bowl guy who became said liability did he not? I was hoping for the tight end from Texas in the 3rd rd. He would have been a terrific addition.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:57 am 

The Hawk wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
denisdman wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

I don't know. The older safeties can suddenly become big liabilities. Eddie was a pro bowl guy who became said liability did he not? I was hoping for the tight end from Texas in the 3rd rd. He would have been a terrific addition.

Eddie was a 4th round draft pick because he came into the league injured. We got everything we could have possibly expected out of of a 4th rounder and then the injuries piled up. It wasn't age that got him.

Byard has pretty much never been injured. However, that guy they took from the packers is pretty good depth if something freakish happens in Byard's career.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:34 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
NME wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
NME wrote:

I think if he throws for that amount per game or close to that it will open up the run game for the backs more instead of the QB needing to eat up those rushing yards.. and yes I think it’s possible for him to have a total average that matches my or exceeds that. Especially with as much of a ‘thrower’ he is. And of course, Williams can scramble too

He played in 13 games last year and had 3219 total yards for an average of 247.6 yards/game.

Let's hope Waldron eases Williams into things by incorporating plays and concepts from the USC offense.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:45 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Tall Midget wrote:
NME wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
NME wrote:

He played in 13 games last year and had 3219 total yards for an average of 247.6 yards/game.

Let's hope Waldron eases Williams into things by incorporating plays and concepts from the USC offense.

Other than some read option things, I hope he ignores that playbook. Every former professional quarterback who watched it his film was puzzled by the route concepts and the things Alm18ghty Caleb was asked to do.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU