It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 10:19 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:

They just need to demonstrate a tangible benefit to taxpayers.

1) 20 Beyonce concerts
2) Women's Final four, which has to this point been held in arenas, not stadiums. You don't...hate...women...do you?
3) the Bears won in 1985

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 11:01 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Curious Hair wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:

They just need to demonstrate a tangible benefit to taxpayers.

1) 20 Beyonce concerts
2) Women's Final four, which has to this point been held in arenas, not stadiums. You don't...hate...women...do you?
3) the Bears won in 1985

good dolphin wrote:
my mayor, keeping the bears in chicago

The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Definitely a win for Johnson. Much to the chagrin of MANY!

The inability and/or unwillingness of a Chicago democrat to see reality is something.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 11:04 am 

I think the reality is that McCaskey Heights and a taxpayer palace on the lakefront are both non-viable for different reasons and the Bears will need to compromise heavily.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Ten years from now they will still be playing in Solider Field with minor upgrades. Book it.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Curious Hair wrote:
Funny how many so-called fiscal conservatives can't stop honking off to the idea of public subsidies for a stadium.

Warren Newson wrote:
This Arlington Heights thing is going to get done. I think they're going to have to sell a minority stake in the team to a buyer that has some land development acumen. They will then partner with that buyer to make the Bears Disneyland that they originally planned.

Still can't handle the traffic.

Soldier Field hasn't been able to handle the traffic for decades. I don't think they care.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 11:34 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:
Ten years from now they will still be playing in Solider Field with minor upgrades. Book it.
There would be nothing wrong with this. Soliders Field- and Guaranteed Rate- are by no means obsolete.

If Jerry or Ginny want to put up 80% for a new stadium, cool then the Gov't can work with it. If not they both have a taxpayer funded home that is more than suitable for another 30 years.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Caller Bob wrote:

I think you’re half right.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I appreciate Ginny is immortal but this seems less a Bear problem than a McCaskey problem.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 11:58 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Ten years from now

You'll see no blacks at all.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 12:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Ten years from now

You'll see no blacks at all.
:lol: :lol: We need a George Ofman report here.

The Chicago Bears met with top Illinois government aides about their new stadium plans
which Governor Pritzker squashed Kevin Warren...

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 12:21 pm 

In Springfield, the Bears met with the Bears today to discuss a replacement for Wrigley Field that experts believe could cost at least up to 46 billion dollars.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
more likely to attend a football game virtually sitting on your couch at home than
in person in any stadium 10-20 years out.

physical stadiums are expensive and have limits to the number of tickets you can sell to an individual game.

70,000 * 400$ a ticket.

vs

2 million+ * $50? $100? $200? a virtual seat.

vendor deals tied into the franchise cut with Amazon and Uber Eats etc to sell food/jerseys/etc during games to folks in their homes.

as soon as someone figures out how to do full room VR without the stupid headsets.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 1:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
In Springfield, the Bears met with the Bears today to discuss a replacement for Wrigley Field that experts believe could cost at least up to 46 billion dollars.
Huge deal with below employing pricing!

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 1:11 pm 

this friday
in hooters
at lansing

- rupi kaur

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 1:46 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Curious Hair wrote:
I think the reality is that McCaskey Heights and a taxpayer palace on the lakefront are both non-viable for different reasons and the Bears will need to compromise heavily.

Agreed.

How can you be quibbling over a couple of million a year in property taxes Kevin Warren, while offering $2B and not building your own place.

How stupid are you and Mayor Johnson willing to look over this?

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
Seacrest wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Agreed.

How can you be quibbling over a couple of million a year in property taxes Kevin Warren, while offering $2B and not building your own place.

How stupid are you and Mayor Johnson willing to look over this?

Kevin Warren sees this as publicity and all publicity is good publicity to him. I'm convinced he talked the McCaskeys out of their original Arlington Heights plan and didn't really understand that the original Soldier Field renovation was going to prevent almost anything short of the Bears paying the full cost of the new stadium by the lake. Asking to refinance the original stadium bonds for 40 more years at worse rates is unconscionable. Johnson just misread the whole situation, not surprising.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!!!!

https://act.chicagobears.com/lp/f62b8f/#msdynttrid=iDiQZGWwEc_XiLQy_jVnrlrJcbIn0PoT9CZfOj0oU9Y

A FUN NOTE, you can completely edit the note to change it to read you DONT support the stadium... too bad you probably cant edit the subject heading

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 5:04 pm 

Quote:
I’m writing to express my support for the Chicago Bears stadium and Burham Park revitalization project.

Geniuses put a typo in the form letter

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 5:14 pm 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
:lol:
Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:
I’m writing to express my support for the Chicago Bears stadium and Burham Park revitalization project.

:lol: clowns

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
ShortTimeLurker wrote:
:lol:
Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:

:lol: clowns

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 5:57 pm 

Make no small pans.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
the lakefront stadium will only hold 70k? besides appearance isnt one of the top issues the bears have with soldier field is the 62.5k seating capacity? they are poised to repeat that mistake?

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 10:13 am 

I thought it was still somewhere in the mid-60s. Maybe it's expandable to 70s for Super Bowls (lol plural) but I thought they were aiming for 65,000, which I believe was the capacity of the old Soldier Field. I don't think the current capacity keeps the Bears up at night, though. Seats are scarce and, in theory, it keeps out the poors who are of little interest to The Chicago Bears Presented By Chase Bank.

Lambeau's expansion to 80,000+ is the exception in NFL stadium trends, which are getting smaller as the league gets more popular. The new Buffalo stadium is just barely over 60k if that, and Washington tears out more seats every year.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 10:34 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Curious Hair wrote:
I thought it was still somewhere in the mid-60s. Maybe it's expandable to 70s for Super Bowls (lol plural) but I thought they were aiming for 65,000, which I believe was the capacity of the old Soldier Field. I don't think the current capacity keeps the Bears up at night, though. Seats are scarce and, in theory, it keeps out the poors who are of little interest to The Chicago Bears Presented By Chase Bank.

Lambeau's expansion to 80,000+ is the exception in NFL stadium trends, which are getting smaller as the league gets more popular. The new Buffalo stadium is just barely over 60k if that, and Washington tears out more seats every year.

The McCaskeys have no source of income other than the Bears. I would think they'd try to squeeze every last nickel out of the team that they can.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Luxury suites, premium seating and the new field-level suite experience generate more revenue per sq foot than plebe seats.

At this point, non-suite/non-premium seating for ambiance and throwing a bone to regular fans.

Suites sell no matter how the team is doing and they sell out years ahead of time on long-term deals with the buyers. Although the highest revenue generators are apparently the limited number
of per game suites the teams set aside for groups to pay for one-off and not have to invest in a full season suite.

Plus the chance to up-sell folks in suites is much greater than to Joe Six-Pack squished elbow to elbow in his individual 22 inches of seating space.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 10:43 am 

Yeah, nosebleed seats cost the most money to build and generate the least revenue, hence Long Island's arena topping out right around 17,000 when the market could theoretically bear more.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 11:09 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Hussra wrote:
Luxury suites, premium seating and the new field-level suite experience generate more revenue per sq foot than plebe seats.

At this point, non-suite/non-premium seating for ambiance and throwing a bone to regular fans.

Suites sell no matter how the team is doing and they sell out years ahead of time on long-term deals with the buyers. Although the highest revenue generators are apparently the limited number
of per game suites the teams set aside for groups to pay for one-off and not have to invest in a full season suite.

Plus the chance to up-sell folks in suites is much greater than to Joe Six-Pack squished elbow to elbow in his individual 22 inches of seating space.

Why wouldn't they plan for both a greater seating capacity and more suites?

Isn't that what Jerry Jones did when he built his stadium?

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 3:59 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

They can't even afford what they're pitching now.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 5:19 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Isn't that what Jerry Jones did when he built his stadium?

Yep and he is printing money, it just takes intelligence. Oh wait….

Fuck look at Packerland!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 5:46 pm 

the real problem is lack of off season events to generate enough revenue to justify the larger stadium. its weird, but football is king. but 8 games isnt enough to pay for the whole year and taylor swift isnt going to hold residency here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next