It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Day 3
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:10 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
And you just keep asserting things that aren’t backed up by facts or are incredibly basic (you want to draft good players, you just don’t get it!) then you get patronizing for some reason.

Actually, you are incredibly inept at understanding how an NFL roster is developed but continue on with your Bears fandom and suckage, I wish you all the best.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Hawg Ass wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
And you just keep asserting things that aren’t backed up by facts or are incredibly basic (you want to draft good players, you just don’t get it!) then you get patronizing for some reason.

Actually, you are incredibly inept at understanding how an NFL roster is developed but continue on with your Bears fandom and suckage, I wish you all the best.

What’s the best way to develop a Super Bowl winning roster?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:02 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Not doing it the way the Bears have done for damn near 40 years.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:04 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:

very estrogen response

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Using a late 4th round pick on a punter is a sign Poles believes we're entering championship mode. I just watched some of Tory's highlights, and the kid is an absolute stud. He has the swagger to go with it. Offenses will need to go 90+ yards to score against the Bears more frequently than ever.

I wanted a center, but none were going to start this year. You can't pair a rookie quarterback and a rookie center. If Bates doesn't work out, we'll have to try again. I wonder if we'll kick the tires on Connor Williams.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:56 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Or the way the Packers have done it too.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

Taylor won the Ray Guy Award for the best punter in college football last season. He set a single-season record for punting yards, a record that had stood for 85 years, with 4,479 yards last season. Iowa really did punt a lot last season. His average per punt of 48.2 yards last season and his career average of 46.3 yards per punt also set NCAA records.

Caleb Williams, the first overall pick in this draft to the Bears, reportedly sent a text to Taylor saying he won't be on the field as much as he was in college.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:34 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
You do not draft for the current year aside from the top 15-20 of the draft. You draft for the next 2-4 years and if you are lucky enough to have a pick contribute the 1st year then awesome. If you are drafting in the top 5 then yes the player has to contribute immediately. The Packers always prioritize large numbers of draft picks, they develop quite a few of them and they make the playoffs damn near every year. To consistently be a good team you have to draft well. It makes things work financially as well.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:53 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Hawg Ass wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Have a 3rd string QB throw a pick 6.

That the way Rodgers earned* his ring

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:11 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
I don't know about Williams, but I like the pick of the local guy in Kiran Amegadjie.

Seems like a cool cat.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:40 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
Taylor won the Ray Guy Award for the best punter in college football last season. He set a single-season record for punting yards, a record that had stood for 85 years, with 4,479 yards last season. Iowa really did punt a lot last season. His average per punt of 48.2 yards last season and his career average of 46.3 yards per punt also set NCAA records.

Caleb Williams, the first overall pick in this draft to the Bears, reportedly sent a text to Taylor saying he won't be on the field as much as he was in college.

Kid is putting a big target on his back that he better back up with his play. Putting bulletin board material out there before youve taken an NFL camp snap is a little yikes .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:44 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
No you are misreading why he sent that message to the punter. He meant that he will be fumbling and throwing interceptions.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:03 am 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

Kid is putting a big target on his back that he better back up with his play. Putting bulletin board material out there before youve taken an NFL camp snap is a little yikes .

I don't think you can have a bigger target on your back than being a #1 pick. He has teammates that want to humble him. I don't think he's shit on another team, even though I would welcome shitting on the Packers.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:07 am 
100000 CLUB

Dignified Rube wrote:
I don't know about Williams, but I like the pick of the local guy in Kiran Amegadjie.

Seems like a cool cat.

The local kid is one of us. I'm confident similar posts were made here.

Every pick was genuinely excited about playing for the Bears. The punter already has a Winnetka lady. Things are changing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
The Austin Booker pick is intriguing. The kid is raw but I saw many projections that had him as a 2nd round pick. So if anything it’s great value to have gotten him where the Bears did. He’s got a perfect frame to develop and add weight to over the next couple years.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
You do not draft for the current year aside from the top 15-20 of the draft. You draft for the next 2-4 years and if you are lucky enough to have a pick contribute the 1st year then awesome. If you are drafting in the top 5 then yes the player has to contribute immediately. The Packers always prioritize large numbers of draft picks, they develop quite a few of them and they make the playoffs damn near every year. To consistently be a good team you have to draft well. It makes things work financially as well.

The Packers haven’t even had a top 10 pick since 2009. That’s remarkable consistency. The Bears have had 7 in that time and couple more that they traded away. That’s remarkable consistency as well.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

I don't think you can have a bigger target on your back than being a #1 pick. He has teammates that want to humble him. I don't think he's shit on another team, even though I would welcome shitting on the Packers.

Wrong, other teams were going to be nice to him until he texted the punter they just drafted he wasn’t going to punt much.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Jordan used to go into opposing teams locker rooms and let them know it was gonna be a long night.

The best don’t fear letting people know they’re great.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
It was kind of obvious to me that the Bear's GM had a sort of SWAGGER M0MENT when he drafted the IOWA thunderfoot. It actually made a lot of sense to me since the Bears special teams sucked so bad last year due to field position and bad tackling so they should solve half of that problem.

I think we can also say without question has Poles has proven that he is very cocky about having all of the assets needed right now to be a dangerous play-off team. And most of that obvious confidence is 100% based on Caleb Williams's elevation to football sainthood. While I disagree with the GM I must admit that he has firmly owned his decisions and is committed to his plan and I do admire that in Poles.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:11 pm 

NME wrote:
Jordan used to go into opposing teams locker rooms and let them know it was gonna be a long night.

The best don’t fear letting people know they’re great.

Most great people don't have to have their mouth proclaim how great they are, they let their performance show the result of their greatness. AND Williams sure as hell is not nearly in the same class as Jordan I am sure that you would agree, Ace :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:20 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

The Packers haven’t even had a top 10 pick since 2009. That’s remarkable consistency. The Bears have had 7 in that time and couple more that they traded away. That’s remarkable consistency as well.

Can we create a thread to make Packers fans feel appreciated? I'm sorry Bears fans have some level of optimism on a message board that starts with chicagofan. We get it. The Packers are amazing. They've always been amazing. They'll always be amazing. They may never lose another game.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:33 am 

You will never convince me taking a punter that high and in that situation was the right move, even if he were to maximize his potential.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:41 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
You will never convince me taking a punter that high and in that situation was the right move, even if he were to maximize his potential.

That's a choice.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:25 am 

good dolphin wrote:

CHEAP
I disagree because it is really CHEAP INSURANCE. Particularly for a team with a rookie quarterback with a questionable oline. They were hurting all last year with bad field position.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:35 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

Williams sure is having just a swell gay old time on the internet and talking shit. That is endearing him to all of the trash talkers on board with his premature warbling. We can see his opponents now looking at him and who is protecting him with MAYHEM in their hearts.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Brick wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Can we create a thread to make Packers fans feel appreciated? I'm sorry Bears fans have some level of optimism on a message board that starts with chicagofan. We get it. The Packers are amazing. They've always been amazing. They'll always be amazing. They may never lose another game.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:50 am 

tyson badgent GONE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Nas wrote:
Using a late 4th round pick on a punter is a sign Poles believes we're entering championship mode. I just watched some of Tory's highlights, and the kid is an absolute stud. He has the swagger to go with it. Offenses will need to go 90+ yards to score against the Bears more frequently than ever.

I wanted a center, but none were going to start this year. You can't pair a rookie quarterback and a rookie center. If Bates doesn't work out, we'll have to try again. I wonder if we'll kick the tires on Connor Williams.

You are going to love Tory Taylor.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

BigW72 wrote:
Nas wrote:

You are going to love Tory Taylor.

I already do, mate. Swagger like Mick Jagger.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next