It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:08 am 

Bucky Chris wrote:
I know we are on the same side of this debate... but the "couple throws were bad" thing really isn't a big deal. It's fucked up, IMO. Other QBs are allowed to make mistakes. Cutler throws 2 tuddies, runs for 2, gets a +100 QBR and people focus is on his bad throws. If Manning throws a pick, people brush it aside. If Brees throws a pick-six, no big deal. Those guys are winners.
Stop whining. Everyone has said that Cutler had a great game. Also, the QB's you mention have won Super Bowls. Those players are treated differently. Mark Sanchez is questioned a ton even when he wins too. Eli Manning won a Super Bowl and most people question him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:
Those players are treated differently.

Ding!

Eli won a Super Bowl and still should be questioned as a QB. Sort of the point I'm making. Why doesn't the same happen for Brady, Maning, Brees? Perhaps it's possible that considering he is 0-3 in his last 3 Playoff games, Brady didn't 'will' his team to win a SB. Perhaps the other 52 men on the roster made a difference. Maybe, just maybe, the fact that Peyton is now under .500 in his Playoff career means that he can't single handedly make the Colts win. Maybe, the other 52 guys mattered then too.

Winning in the past has no effect on winning today. Experience? Sounds like a good story, but considering the "winners" Brees, Manning and Brady are all out of the playoffs, maybe we should re-think that. Vick? Best QB this year, IMO. And they were one and done.

Not everyone is patting Cutler on the back. Turn on the radio. People still are criticizing his game yesterday. The point I'm trying to make is, winning a Super Bowl 5 years ago shouldn't mean we all just ignore poor play. And just because a guy hasn't won, doesn't mean we should attack 3 bad throws when he goes for 2 tuddies, 2 running tuddies and an overall great game.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:25 am 

Bucky Chris wrote:
Eli won a Super Bowl and still should be questioned as a QB. Sort of the point I'm making. Why doesn't the same happen for Brady, Maning, Brees? Perhaps it's possible that considering he is 0-3 in his last 3 Playoff games, Brady didn't 'will' his team to win a SB. Perhaps the other 52 men on the roster made a difference. Maybe, just maybe, the fact that Peyton is now under .500 in his Playoff career means that he can't single handedly make the Colts win. Maybe, the other 52 guys mattered then too.
Eli is disrespected because he's not as good as his brother but he also was pumped up early on because of his brother. He's a very unique case.
Bucky Chris wrote:
Winning in the past has no effect on winning today. Experience? Sounds like a good story, but considering the "winners" Brees, Manning and Brady are all out of the playoffs, maybe we should re-think that. Vick? Best QB this year, IMO. And they were one and done.
Well, Brees, Manning, and Brady also have performed at NFL record paces in their career. They are are all top 5 QB's without question. Also, Brees did get questioned this year too. He had some bad games.
Bucky Chris wrote:
Not everyone is patting Cutler on the back. Turn on the radio. People still are criticizing his game yesterday. The point I'm trying to make is, winning a Super Bowl 5 years ago shouldn't mean we all just ignore poor play. And just because a guy hasn't won, doesn't mean we should attack 3 bad throws when he goes for 2 tuddies, 2 running tuddies and an overall great game.
You got mad at Frank for mentioning Cutler had some bad throws, which he did. Some people are capable of noting both the good and the bad of a performance. Sorry that offends you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:29 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
You got mad at Frank for mentioning Cutler had some bad throws, which he did. Some people are capable of noting both the good and the bad of a performance. Sorry that offends you..

Man, first you tell me to stop whining, and now you are using a condescending tone! Rough weekend? You really should save your dickish moments for later in the week.

Point is, I just heard another caller call out Cutler. A day after he won his first playoff game (against all odds! First timers hardly ever win!), became only the 2nd QB ever to throw 2 and run 2 and just had an overall great game.

If Bears fans can't enjoy yesterday, I don't know what people are looking for out of Cutler. It seems they want perfection, which I imagine will never happen. It's sad.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:30 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Cutler overall had a great game. He still had a couple of INTs that were dropped. Again how that pass at the goaline wasn't picked I have no idea.

BUT...he gets 4 TDs next week, Jay can pack his bags for Dallas 8)

Rick, how sweet is it gonna be if we get to celebrate TWO championships in 1 year! We all know about the Sox, now the BEARS have a legit chance as well. 8)

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:42 am 

Bucky Chris wrote:
Man, first you tell me to stop whining, and now you are using a condescending tone! Rough weekend? You really should save your dickish moments for later in the week.
Strange response. I'm sorry that offends you that some people notice mistakes Cutler makes too.
Bucky Chris wrote:
Point is, I just heard another caller call out Cutler. A day after he won his first playoff game (against all odds! First timers hardly ever win!), became only the 2nd QB ever to throw 2 and run 2 and just had an overall great game.
So in your opinion there should never be any discussion about negative plays when a QB wins and plays well? You must love Mark Sanchez because he makes a lot of bad plays even while playing relatively well.
Bucky Chris wrote:
If Bears fans can't enjoy yesterday, I don't know what people are looking for out of Cutler. It seems they want perfection, which I imagine will never happen. It's sad.
Who didn't enjoy yesterday?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:45 am 

Quote:
So in your opinion there should never be any discussion about negative plays when a QB wins and plays well? You must love Mark Sanchez because he makes a lot of bad plays even while playing relatively well.

I never said that. I just can't believe "fans" are focusing on that today.

Quote:
Who didn't enjoy yesterday?

Tune in to The Danny Mac show, on 670 and 670thescore.com!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:50 am 

Bucky Chris wrote:
I never said that. I just can't believe "fans" are focusing on that today.
You seem to want todays show to simply be a celebration of an amazing win over the worst team in NFL playoff history. That's fine. You just shouldn't expect everyone to share your "rainbows and sunshine" look at the game where any negativity is erased by the final score.
Bucky Chris wrote:
Tune in to The Danny Mac show, on 670 and 670thescore.com!!!
They seem very excited about the win and the game this weekend. They just aren't going to spend the day pulling a Chris Farley show saying "Remember when Greg Olsen caught that long pass? That was awesome".

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:58 am 

You say "you seem" when I clearly don't. You say, "so in your opinion" when it's clearly not my opinion.

You're really annoying. My turn to interview you.

Did you celebrate when Cutler scored on the draw yesterday?

What did your celebration look like?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:01 am 

Bucky Chris wrote:
Of course. I was loving it. I believe my exact quote was "When did Cutler become Mike Vick?".
Bucky Chris wrote:
I yelled, did some clapping, and gave my wife a high five. It was awesome. Football wise yesterday was a great day. Basketball not so much. :lol:

I don't get why it's so hard for you to get it. I root for Jay Cutler. I'm just not a blind homer like you that gets offended when people accurately point out that he made some throws that could have been incredibly damaging.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:03 am 

Bucky Chris wrote:
You say "you seem" when I clearly don't. You say, "so in your opinion" when it's clearly not my opinion.

You're really annoying. My turn to interview you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:15 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
to simply be a celebration of an amazing win over the worst team in NFL playoff history.

Wouldn't this point carry more weight if the Seahawks had not won their first playoff game against the defending Superbowl champs?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:20 am 

RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
to simply be a celebration of an amazing win over the worst team in NFL playoff history.

Wouldn't this point carry more weight if the Seahawks had not won their first playoff game against the defending Superbowl champs?
That's a fair point.

My two thoughts
1) Seattle is probably the biggest home field advantage in the league. I think they lose pretty badly in New Orleans too.
2) Seattle played great against the Saints but it was still a major upset. They didn't suddenly become a better team in the week between the Rams game and the Saints game.

Bears fans have been celebrating beating the Seahawks since the moment we knew they would be playing the Seahawks.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:26 am 

They suddenly became a much better team between the Rams and Saints game because Matt Hasselbeck was QB instead of Charlie Whitehead. That's a tremendous upgrade to the most important position on the field.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:28 am 

Keyser Soze wrote:
They suddenly became a much better team between the Rams and Saints game because Matt Hasselbeck was QB instead of Charlie Whitehead. That's a tremendous upgrade to the most important position on the field.
The Seahawks were 6-8 in games that Hasselbeck started.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:35 am 

and 1-1 in the playoffs where Hasselbeck threw for 530 yards with 7 Td's and 1 int. Those are very good stats.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:02 pm 

My favorite part of this thread is how Bucky Chris seemed to think I was actually mad that the Bears scored a touchdown. :lol: There is no way he asks those questions otherwise. On the other hand, I think it's very possible that he was sitting there saying "Jay Cutler scores! Take that Boilermaker Rick!!!". :lol:

For the record Bucky Chris, I will be rooting for the Bears on Sunday and most likely in the Super Bowl too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
A good defense actually intercepts that pass at the goal line and more than likely takes it back for a pick 6 and it's a completely different game. Sure, they didn't, and Cutler had a great game after that, but I don't think it's a given that if Cutler plays like he did yesterday it's a Bears win.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:46 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
My favorite part of this thread is how Bucky Chris seemed to think I was actually mad that the Bears scored a touchdown. :lol: There is no way he asks those questions otherwise. On the other hand, I think it's very possible that he was sitting there saying "Jay Cutler scores! Take that Boilermaker Rick!!!". :lol:

For the record Bucky Chris, I will be rooting for the Bears on Sunday and most likely in the Super Bowl too.

There you are, assuming things again! Incorrectly, of course.

My favorite part of this thread, is how upset you get when Cutler is good. I think it's very possible you sit there saying "Damn you Jay! I want Kyle back! He's sooo good! Cutler sucks!"

I wanted to know you were actually human and capable of enjoying the Bears. You convinced me. Now I know the rest of the garble you spew here is just because you are a bored, jerkface! :D I mean that lovingly, of course.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Question for the class:

What Quarterback does Jay Cutler most resemble?

I'll hang up & listen for my answer.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

Rollie Fingers.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:02 pm 

Bucky Chris wrote:
My favorite part of this thread, is how upset you get when Cutler is good. I think it's very possible you sit there saying "Damn you Jay! I want Kyle back! He's sooo good! Cutler sucks!"
:lol: I apologize for not living in a sports world where everything is sunshine and rainbows when the team wins and anyone who says anything negative, even if they are someone like Frank who is overwhelmingly supportive of the team he roots for, is a big meanie.

Your question was very telling. I can guarantee that you have thought of me when watching Jay Cutler play. It's obvious. That's pretty funny. Where else would a thought like yours come from? It's not just some random thing to think that I would be mad somehow when the Bears score a touchdown. You messed up. I think that's hilarious. It's also hilarious how mad you get at me for not being all "sunshine and rainbows" like you are by calling me annoying and complaining about "dickish moments". It's hilarious.

It's ok Chris. Embrace your "sunshine and rainbows" view of sports. Everything is awesome as long as they win! Anyone else who thinks otherwise is just a big meanie. It's cool. We all look at sports differently.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:10 pm 

Apology accepted. Thanks Rick. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
At least Rick said he might change his mind about Cutler.
As for the Cutler "haters", there appears to be an urgent need to accentuate the negative first -- almost like a defense mechanism.
For example: Mac begins his show today trying to poke holes in Cutler's QB rating. That's fine if Mac uses the four hours to shine the negative light initially on his assessment of other players' performances. Not 10 minutes after the Cutler attack, Mac calls Peanut the No. 1 Bear. He even defends the second dropped pick by stating that Tillman at least got a hand on the ball. Mac doesn't harp on the two drops -- even though Peanut did in his postgame comments -- or talk about the fourth-down penalty (illegal contact). Mac chose to focus on the positive, because Peanut did a nice job on Williams.
Unlike Rick, there appears to be individuals who plan on rooting out the negatives in any situation -- maybe even a Super Bowl win.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:53 pm 

People just don't want to admit they are wrong. Cutler could lead the Bears to the next 10 Super Bowl wins, join the Cubs on odd numbered years and lead them to the World series, the Sox on even numbered years and lead them, join the Bulls and lead them to the next 10 NBA titles on odd years the Blackhawks and the Stanley Cup on even numbered years and in his spare time cure cancer, save kids from drowning and eliminate global warming, global poverty and Illinois debt and Mac would still hate him.

I've always said I'll listen to the argument about the draft choices (not that I necessarily agree but that part does have legitimacy), but there's no question we're better off at QB since the trade.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:59 pm 

We're calling Jay a bad guy based on the fact he isn't a media butt kisser.

There's been nothing to indicate he's bad to the fans or to his teammates.

So he has the personality of a two dollar bill. Who cares?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

cubbiegirlshamus wrote:
People just don't want to admit they are wrong. Cutler could lead the Bears to the next 10 Super Bowl wins, join the Cubs on odd numbered years and lead them to the World series, the Sox on even numbered years and lead them, join the Bulls and lead them to the next 10 NBA titles on odd years the Blackhawks and the Stanley Cup on even numbered years and in his spare time cure cancer, save kids from drowning and eliminate global warming, global poverty and Illinois debt and Mac would still hate him.

I would too. What the fuck is he wasting time helping the Cubs win for?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:53 pm 

pizza_Place: *
cubbiegirlshamus wrote:
We're calling Jay a bad guy based on the fact he isn't a media butt kisser.

There's been nothing to indicate he's bad to the fans or to his teammates.

So he has the personality of a two dollar bill. Who cares?

Did I say you can come up for air??!!

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:44 pm 

cubbiegirlshamus wrote:
People just don't want to admit they are wrong.
Says the person who has yet to admit that Orton was better than Grossman. :lol:
cubbiegirlshamus wrote:
I've always said I'll listen to the argument about the draft choices (not that I necessarily agree but that part does have legitimacy), but there's no question we're better off at QB since the trade.
Bears Cutler is better than Bears Orton. Until he was benched for non-performance based reasons, Broncos Orton was still comparable to Bears Cutler. Cutler was making a late charge as Orton had two terrible games in a row prior to the benching.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
Boiler, Grossman is better than Orton.
1. Two playoff wins and a Super Bowl starting appearance.
2. Replaced McNabb as the starting QB in Washington, obviously a better option for the two-minute drill.
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next