It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Per Biggs/Zaidman Twitter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
yeah,worry about THAT after the Cubs & Sox seasons! LOOONNGGG way off!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Ban me
I like the move.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:50 pm 

The Bears have made another minority hire, an ugly lesbian.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
The Bears don't have the players on this roster for Martz's system to work. This has DISASTER written all over it, and I wonder if Jay Cutler could morph into Jeff George, as FOX's Brian Billick mentioned on a couple of Bear games he & Thom Brennaman worked near the end of last season...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Nick&Vito's
stinkfist wrote:
The Bears have made another minority hire, an ugly lesbian.

Yeah this guy looks like Bea Arthur after estrogen treatments!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I would like to know Martz's plan for when its 10 degrees and snowing in december.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Barracco's in The EP.
This will not end well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:58 pm 

mel junior wrote:
This will not end well.

+1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:59 pm 

Is it just me or are a lot of people already setting up Mike Martz as a scapegoat if Jay Cutler plays bad next year?

I mean, Ron Turner was the scapegoat for last year and now people are already saying that Martz's system won't work.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:00 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Is it just me or are a lot of people already setting up Mike Martz as a scapegoat if Jay Cutler plays bad next year?

I mean, Ron Turner was the scapegoat for last year and now people are already saying that Martz's system won't work.

I didnt realize Martz went to Purdue

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
What really has me worried is the Bears now have 3 assistant coaches who have been head coaches in the NFL, & I fear that one of them will end up as the next head coach of the Bears.
Martz, Marinelli, Tice...NO!!!!!

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:05 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
What really has me worried is the Bears now have 3 assistant coaches who have been head coaches in the NFL, & I fear that one of them will end up as the next head coach of the Bears.

Well, Scorehead, it would be SO BEARS if one of those three end up as head coach in 2011, depending if the NFL gets a new labor deal done before next year...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:14 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Not sure if this is completely true but I understand your concern. The fact that Cutler signed off on this takes that bullet away IMO.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:22 pm 

The Bears have 2 head coaches on both sides of the ball. :shock:

Awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Martz is brining in Rosie O'Donnell as the QB coach.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:29 pm 

HOVA wrote:
The Bears have 2 head coaches on both sides of the ball. :shock:

And what just 5-6 years ago they had no one in their coaching staff(or front office) with prior NFL experience in the same position....except Ron Turner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:41 pm 

YES I AGREE! UGLY LESBIANS ARE STILL LESBOS!V!V!V!V!V!V! SAPPHIC GANGBANG FTW GO BEARS.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
SHARK wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Well, Scorehead, it would be SO BEARS if one of those three end up as head coach in 2011, depending if the NFL gets a new labor deal done before next year...

To me, the least of the 3 evils would be Mike Tice.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Forward Unto Dawn Mess Hall
Lovie should put him in charge of handling the red flag...Martz is the only person I've ever seen who's worse at challenges...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:57 pm 

Home5licE wrote:
Lovie should put him in charge of handling the red flag...Martz is the only person I've ever seen who's worse at challenges...

One thing about Mike Martz to be sure...He's not afraid to use all his timeouts in a heartbeat, let alone the red challenge flag dating back to when he head coached down in St. Louis.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Barracco's in The EP.
When Tice chokes Martz on the sideline after running a deep post on 3rd and 1 .... will it be considered a Hate Crime for assaulting a lesbian?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:12 pm 

I cant wait to see how the new Bears coaching staff gets along. Lovie is an insecure control freak who prefers subservient passive yes Men as assistant coaches. Now he has two guys in Martz & Tice who he wont be able to control. Having said that, watch the Bears light up the scoreboard next year, win 10 games & go to the playoffs...and Lovie gets an extension.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:30 pm 

If he is a control freak why would he hire 2 guys he couldn't control? If I'm not mistaken Turner had total control over the offense.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:07 pm 

HOVA wrote:
If he is a control freak why would he hire 2 guys he couldn't control? If I'm not mistaken Turner had total control over the offense.

That's the same question I am asking? Turner was a yes Man. Martz & Tice aren't. Then again, maybe the Bears would be better off if they both told Lovie to shut the fuck up & stay away from the Offense.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:28 pm 

Other than the tired cliches Lovie had nothing to do with the offense.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:47 pm 

With Martz as your OC, there's one thing you're going to need. A good supply of body bags.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yes, because Bears fans are going to storm the offices and start throwing staffers to the streets below.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:36 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
Me, about a month ago:

Quote:
As for the coordinator positions, I want someone with a pedigree of wide-open passing. If you have four #2 receivers on the team and a better-than-average TE in Olsen, then I want them all on the field at the same time, and I want the ball in the air.

St. Louis offensive rankings (football outsiders)

1998- 26
1999- 4 (M)
2000- 1 (M)
2001- 2 (M)
2002- 26 (M)
2003- 22 (M)
2004 19 (M)
2005- 21 (M)
2006- 14

Detroit offensive rankings

2005- 29
2006- 28 (M)
2007- 24 (M)
2008- 30

SF offensive rankings

2007- 32
2008- 27 (M)
2009- 23

I think the numbers are inconclusive in a number of respects. There haven't been any good offenses since the 2001 Rams. There certainly was improvement in Detroit and San Francisco, and he was starting from positions of minimal talent in both places. Football outsiders had Chicago as 28th last year on offense.

However, there's probably a lot more talent on the Bears offense right now than 2006-07 Detroit or 2008 San Francisco. By position (bold for best option/tandem):

QB: Cutler, Kitna, Hill/O'Sullivan
RB: Forte, K. Jones, Gore
WR: Hester/Aromashodu/Bennett/Knox, Furrey/R. Williams/Az-Hakim/Shaun McDonald/Calvin Johnson (rookie 2007), Bruce/Bryant Johnson/Hill/Battle (before I hear the complaints--the Issac Bruce he has was old, post-Rams Isaac Bruce, and Calvin Johnson was a rookie in 2007 with only ~40 catches. Calvin Johnson is of course great now, and Bruce used to be great, but those weren't the versions Martz got.)
TE: Vernon Davis: Olsen, Campbell, Davis (pre Vernon Davis "getting it"; Davis was the better option in 2009, but work ethic appeared to be an issue previous to 2009. That's not Martz's fault. I'll call that a tie).

His offensive lines have been universally terrible, but it was easy to see the makings of a workable line towards the end of the season, especially once Williams made the switch to left tackle.

A couple of things become clear. First, the offensive line complaint (his quarterbacks get killed) is probably a little overblown. Warner seemed to do all right, but Warner also had a HOF LT. Kitna and Hill did worse, but they are Kitna and Hill, and those offensive lines were abysmal. The Bears are somewhere in the middle at QB and probably a little better at the O-line, leading to... OK results, hopefully. I don't think that's the disaster it's made out to be.

Second, I don't think this is the death knell for the tight ends. I anticipate you'll simply see Olsen split into the slot more often, a la Dallas Clark.

Third, get ready to see a lot of crossing routes.

The pick isn't a home run. He didn't rehabilitate either the Detroit or San Francisco offenses, but they did improve, and there wasn't much to work with in either place. He was the architect of one of the most explosive offenses in history, but that was a lifetime ago in NFL terms, and he doesn't have four hall of famers on offense; don't expect miracles. But I would expect improvement; I think there would have been improvement over last year simply because of the youth of the offense last year, but Martz is an upgrade over Turner, especially given the talent distribution of the offense right now. Help is still needed on the interior of the line, but expect most of the attention to go to defense from here on out.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I think they will improve too. He can counter blitzes and evaluate talent. The problem is can he curb his ego and work with that talent?

I'm not too pleased about this. Both parties were desperate and deserve each other but at least they have an experienced coaching staff. Can we get Millen as our GM? Assholes.