It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:50 pm 

spaulding, try to look on the bright side with me, either it ends up being a great move and Cutler and the offense does great, or it will be a major bust and will help get Lovie out and Cowher in. Win, Win.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
RFDC wrote:
spaulding, try to look on the bright side with me, either it ends up being a great move and Cutler and the offense does great, or it will be a major bust and will help get Lovie out and Cowher in. Win, Win.

I'm starting to lose confidence in the possibility that the McCaskeys will actually go out & hire a Bill Cowher. Heck, they have 3 ex head coaches to choose from now!
Didnt Martz get a 2 year contract? I cant imagine the McCaskeys telling Cowher that Martz will be his OC for one year!

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:54 pm 

I have not heard how long the contract is.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Are they going to get off the bus running or is there a new plan?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:05 am 

pizza_Place: ***
Spaulding wrote:
I don't know. Will meatballs still need to hear that in order to validate their conceptions of what is needed to win in BEAR WEATHER? If so, then every coach from now until armageddon will be saying the same thing, regardless of reality.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:13 am 

I'll speak for the meatballs. We want the Bears to win and look bad ass doing it.Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:16 am 

stupid lovie smith set off my raging rectum again. that *insert here* told me that martz was the only one they talked to. forgiveness is a six gun. russian roulette sounds fun. i have to sit here and take this shit? forced down my throat with a giant dick of lies and i try and tell myself "this is just a consequence of the thc delaying your rem sleep cycle until its about 3 hours before you need to wake up, and your reality is skewed from reality". i cant do it. this is clown college for outback finger lickers. give me one good reason i should even pretend this will end well... how the fuck am i a moron for routing the home team on even though the people that run it are retarded? its because you have to be really retarded to make all your fans feel really stupid and i dont even know what really stupid is, you would think stupid is as stupid is. FUCK

Last edited by IkeSouth on Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:18 am 

pizza_Place: Ban me
If John Kitna can throw for 4000 yards 2 years in a row I'm excited to see what Cutler can do.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:26 am 

Irish Boy wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
I don't know. Will meatballs still need to hear that in order to validate their conceptions of what is needed to win in BEAR WEATHER? If so, then every coach from now until armageddon will be saying the same thing, regardless of reality.

Lovie Smith is the first one to mention "Bear weather". He did it again today, talking about how the Bears "play in the elements" so they need to run the ball. Someone needs to tell Lovie to GET YOUR MOUTH SHUT!
The fucking Colts were dead last in rushing this year. How did that work out for them???

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:32 am 

Scorehead wrote:
Irish Boy wrote:
The fucking Colts were dead last in rushing this year. How did that work out for them???

DAY HAVNT WUN NUTHIN YET!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:40 am 

pizza_Place: ***
Scorehead wrote:
Irish Boy wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Lovie Smith is the first one to mention "Bear weather". He did it again today, talking about how the Bears "play in the elements" so they need to run the ball. Someone needs to tell Lovie to GET YOUR MOUTH SHUT!

If any Bears head coach comes out and says "we're going to throw the ball 50 times a game", the phone lines of every sports radio show in the city will line up five deep complaining. You'll be first among them.

The Bears passed the ball twice as much as they ran the ball past season. Even if they "got off the bus running", they certainly didn't do it for long. What coaches say and what coaches do are two different things.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:07 am 

Scorehead wrote:

Irish Boy wrote:
If any Bears head coach comes out and says "we're going to throw the ball 50 times a game", the phone lines of every sports radio show in the city will line up five deep complaining. You'll be first among them.

The Bears passed the ball twice as much as they ran the ball past season. Even if they "got off the bus running", they certainly didn't do it for long. What coaches say and what coaches do are two different things.

Throwing the football doesnt matter if you are bad at it. Sure the Bears threw a lot last year but they were bad at it. No one gets an A for effort. Passing attempts dont matter. Completions & TD's is what matters. Lovie is a dumb ass for playing up the "Bear weather" crap, especially given the Bears putrid running game.
I think most Bears fans are tired if the grind it out 3 yards & a cloud of dust Bears offense. Thus, the excitement over getting Cutler. But if the Bears dont upgrade the WR & OL positions, the Mike Martz system doesnt have a chance here. We dont have Holt, Bruce, Faulk, or Pace when he was good at football.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
HOVA wrote:
The Bears have 2 head coaches on both sides of the ball. :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah. Mike Tice, Mike Martz, Rod Marinelli... a real murderer's row of great head coaches. Just too bad Romeo Crennell already got the KC job.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:24 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Dick Jauron still needs work.

Martz has proven he can make an offense pretty good. But Angelo and the Bears have proven that they have a pretty bad OLine. Those 2 elements do not work very well together.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:26 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Dick Jauron still needs work.

Martz has proven he can make an offense pretty good. But Angelo and the Bears have proven that they have a pretty bad OLine. Those 2 elements do not work very well together.

The line seemed to improve significantly the last few weeks of the season with Williams at LT. I'm not sure why it seems to take Lovie entire seasons to recognize basic adjustments that many fans are calling for in preseason.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:36 am 
100000 CLUB

Because he's a boob.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:43 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Is it just me or are a lot of people already setting up Mike Martz as a scapegoat if Jay Cutler plays bad next year?

I mean, Ron Turner was the scapegoat for last year and now people are already saying that Martz's system won't work.

I have a different fear. I have a feeling he will have phenomenal but hollow numbers that will cause people to think he is playing better than he is.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:45 pm 

HOVA wrote:
I like the move.

I'm willing to give it a chance before outright blasting it. It concerns me that he is a system coach who might be gone in a year.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:35 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
HOVA wrote:
I like the move.

I'm willing to give it a chance before outright blasting it. It concerns me that he is a system coach who might be gone in a year.

I'll add playing surface to the list of my concerns. Other than that and learning a new offense I don't see any major issues. He knows he has to make it work. He knows that he will only get 1 year to get it done. I think he is smart enough to dumb down his system to make it work. Otherwise his next job will be as a QB coach.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:57 pm 

That's what I like. I think he is smart and I think he can adjust.

I am also troubled that the Bears are now drafting for system players on both sides of the ball. Looks like my hope to get Lagarette Blount with a 5th round pick is out the window.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:58 pm 

HOVA wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
HOVA wrote:
I like the move.

I'll add playing surface to the list of my concerns. Other than that and learning a new offense I don't see any major issues. He knows he has to make it work. He knows that he will only get 1 year to get it done. I think he is smart enough to dumb down his system to make it work. Otherwise his next job will be as a QB coach.

I dont think the playing surface will greatly diminish what Martz wants to do. I would be concerned about a new system for Cutler, no matter how dumbed down it is. And as always, no coach's system will work without the right personell.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:03 pm 

I was pissed about this 3 weeks ago. I'm coming around. I think he will make the WRs accountable and this will be a more disciplined offense. He is smart I'm hoping he can adjust and his ego doesn't get in the way. This has the potential to be a disaster but I see where it could work too. I didn't a few weeks ago.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:
This has the potential to be a disaster

Its already a disaster, in multiple phases.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:20 pm 

This decision will save jobs or get everyone fired.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:32 am 
100000 CLUB

I think Lovie is gone after this year unless the Bears win the division. 8-8/9-7, maybe somewhat backing in to the playoffs and losing in the 1st round will spell his demise just the same as missing the playoffs. They win the division and make it to the Divisional Round, then I think he sticks around. Complacency seems to be the word up at Halas Hall.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:37 am 

My concern is this offense only works when the Wide Recievers know where to be and understand the adjustments theyll have to make.

How many times were Cutler and his recievers not on the same page this year? In Martz system of throwing to a spot, those are all Interceptions.

Not sure Cutler is the best fit for this system.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:51 am 
100000 CLUB

My guess is thats more so a WR issues than a Cutler issue. If the QB throws to the spot he is supposed to and the WR isn't there, it doesn't matter if its Cutler or Peyton Manning throwing, there's going to be a lot of INTs.

That falls on Martz to make sure that the WRs know where they are supposed to be and to make sure that they get there. It also falls on Tice and the OLine to make sure the WRs have enough time to get to where they need to be 9 out of 10 times. And when he can, it falls on Cutler to throw the ball away. But again, if a WR breaks in when he's supposed to break outside, not necessarily the QB's fault.

Its horseshit up there and I'm exstatic that spring training is starting soon.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:01 am 

One thing I think is a positive is all the former head coaches on the staff.
Why did Tice, Martz, and Marinellii get Head Coaching Jobs?

Because they were great coaches. They are back where they belong.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:02 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
rogers park bryan wrote:

Didn't we say that about Lovie and Rod last year? How'd that work out?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:06 am 

Bucky Chris wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Didn't we say that about Lovie and Rod last year? How'd that work out?

No, as I recall most people just made 0-16 jokes.

Those three are great and have had a lot of success at the jobs theyre currently in

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next