It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Will Urlacher be cut?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Every year some big name veterans with little or nothing in the tank get cut> I don't know the finances on Urlachers contract,but if it ends up saving the Bears money could any of you see this happening?

Side Note: Hunter Hillenmeyer forced 4 fumbles (3 in one game) on AP last season. If Urlacher did this,it would be the talk of the town for weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
jimmypasta wrote:
Every year some big name veterans with little or nothing in the tank get cut> I don't know the finances on Urlachers contract,but if it ends up saving the Bears money could any of you see this happening?

Side Note: Hunter Hillenmeyer forced 4 fumbles (3 in one game) on AP last season. If Urlacher did this,it would be the talk of the town for weeks.

This defense sucked balls with out him last year.
With a full year off, I'm sure that he's got a little less wear and tear than you'd expect.
No, he stays, and has a good to great year.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:19 pm 

Darkside wrote:
This defense sucked balls with out him last year.
With a full year off, I'm sure that he's got a little less wear and tear than you'd expect.
No, he stays, and has a good to great year.

Exactly. Many of the folks around here have been screaming for awhile to get rid of Urlacher, well finally last year they got to see just how valuable he is to the team. I think he bounces back and has a nice year.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

Last edited by RFDC on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I'm thinking final Pro Bowl appearance.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

jimmypasta wrote:

No.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
no chance. gotta win now or else.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:37 pm 

Urlacher hasn't been the same since Traylor and Washington were in the middle of the line. He can't get off blocks and we don't have the big guys to keep other teams O-line from getting to the second level. Of course the defense is going to be better with him in there and hopefully Peppers can attract attention and Tommie Harris gets his head out of his ass. Cut? No way.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
tmurf423 wrote:
Urlacher hasn't been the same since Traylor and Washington were in the middle of the line. He can't get off blocks and we don't have the big guys to keep other teams O-line from getting to the second level. Of course the defense is going to be better with him in there and hopefully Peppers can attract attention and Tommie Harris gets his head out of his ass. Cut? No way.

I have also said this. Those 2 were a real force.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:42 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
tmurf423 wrote:

I have also said this. Those 2 were a real force.

The proof of this is up in Minnesota. The williams's and Jared Allen. They don't even need star LBs. Just guys that can tackle at that point

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:59 am 
1000 CLUB

Two words: FUCK NO.

This team has to win this season, and they're a helluva lot better with Urlacher vs. the unathletic Hunter Hillemeyer.

If they flounder this year, the whole thing gets blown up after this season if there's a lockout. Urlacher, Harris, Tillman... gone. Kreutz, Clark and any other aging offensive or defensive players... gone.

Peppers and Cutler will be going nowhere until after 2012....

Last edited by The Gridiron Assassin on Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Was contemplating the deletion of this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:35 pm 

I am still amazed at how year and year, Bear fans dog Urlacher like he is a second-rate player. He is by far THE best player they have had since Walter Payton. There is no way the win the division in 2001 or 2005 without him and never sniff the Super Bowl in 2006 without 54. He is not the same player he was 4 or 5 years ago, but who is? Aside from Ray Lewis, there is not a linebacker in football that has been better since he entered the league. People compare him to Samurai--not even close. The talent around Urlacher has been elite for about 2 seasons--2005 and 2006 and during those 2 years he was the best player in the league not named Manning or Brady. Cut the guy a break for God's sake..and go to foxsports.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
bigfan wrote:
Was contemplating the deletion of this thread.

This is the kind of insane meatballery that needs to be preserved for posterity. In fact, JamesMeatball needs his own section that can never be deleted.

When people ask about some of the most insane crap you have ever seen, all we need to do is come here and read some of his insane meatball thoughts.

That said, I like Jimmy, he amuses the masses.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:09 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
The myth of the great Bears 2001 defense is legendary. Urlachers best seasons came in 2005 and 2006.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Irish Boy wrote:
The myth of the great Bears 2001 defense is legendary. Urlachers best seasons came in 2005 and 2006.

I agree. I also think it's unreasonable to expect that he will ever play at a Pro Bowl level again.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Ban me
Tall Midget wrote:
Irish Boy wrote:

I agree. I also think it's unreasonable to expect that he will ever play at a Pro Bowl level again.

He looked like a pro bowl player last season. Of course his season only lasted a couple of mins but he looked great in the preseason and the few mins he played. I would like to believe all of his bumps and bruises have held and he can pull one more great season out. A healthy Tommie Harris and Peppers should make it a little bit easier for him.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

He's overrated, but not expendable. If anybody is expendable, it's Hillemeyer. Unathletic and makes too much coin for a backup, as he was paid to be a starter.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
He is overrated and I don't like him but he is very important to the team. His injury and absence killed them last year and I hate admitting that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:10 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
He is overrated and I don't like him but he is very important to the team. His injury and absence killed them last year and I hate admitting that.

If he is very important to the team and his absence killed the team, how is he overrated?

Every year folks say that Urlacher is the most over rated player. I couldn't disagree more. He's critical to this defense, we saw that last year.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

Darkside wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

If he is very important to the team and his absence killed the team, how is he overrated?

Every year folks say that Urlacher is the most over rated player. I couldn't disagree more. He's critical to this defense, we saw that last year.

They were 7-9 without him. What were they the year before? Urlacher is overrated compared to other middle linebackers in the NFL. I'd take Jon Beason, Patrick Willis, Kirk Morrison, David Harris, Demeco Ryans and even old timer Ray Lewis over Urlacher at this juncture in his career. The odd thing is he's not your prototypical NFL MLB - he's asked to do things that some of those other MLBs are never asked to do. For that reason he's not going to get cut this season....

Ironically, if you connect the dots of the Thomas Jones trade, the Jets bundled that pick the Bears traded them to draft David Harris, and the Bears then traded down again with San Diego who drafted Eric Weddle. What do the Bears have to show for it?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:30 pm 

The Gridiron Assassin wrote:

They were 7-9 without him. What were they the year before? Urlacher is overrated compared to other middle linebackers in the NFL. I'd take Jon Beason, Patrick Willis, Kirk Morrison, David Harris, Demeco Ryans and even old timer Ray Lewis over Urlacher at this juncture in his career. The odd thing is he's not your prototypical NFL MLB - he's asked to do things that some of those other MLBs are never asked to do. For that reason he's not going to get cut this season....

Ironically, if you connect the dots of the Thomas Jones trade, the Jets bundled that pick the Bears traded them to draft David Harris, and the Bears then traded down again with San Diego who drafted Eric Weddle. What do the Bears have to show for it?

They were 9-7 but I thought of that more of inconsistant/bad secondary play than it was Urlacher's problem. Briggs had a few more tackles but Urlacher still had a pretty good season. 2 pics. He just didn't get any sacks. Was that why he's overrated?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:46 pm 

It's a fact the Bears have been terrible every year the overrated MLB missed most or all of the season due to injury. Chicago fans always find a reason to bitch about their star players.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:57 pm 

I think his reputation is greater than his actual play.

He is not a leader. I think if he is happy with his individual performance he is fine with whatever else happens. Maybe when I think about it he is not really a typical MLB. He is better in coverage than stuffing the run. Cripes do you remember when Brady ran right the fuck by him. That's the shit that pisses me off. He is important to the team and fits the style of the defense they are playing. It's funny he might be one of the only players they use correctly.

He has slowed down or been hampered with injuries since what about 04? He is not the player he once was. I loved him his first 2 years then nothing then again in 06. I've always wondered if some of his success in the first 2 years were due to Washington and Traylor. Something changed don't know if it was him or what.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

He's overrated because he's pimped as one of the league's best middle linebackers, which is a joke because there are SO many teams playing a 3-4 and he's barely in the Top 10 MLBs in the league.

Plus the whole pissing through the media about a new contract a few years ago was a joke. They gave him the money and he's been underwhelming since.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:05 pm 

This debate is really stupid. The sad thing is we have this same stupid debate every year.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Urlacher is on the downside of his career. He reached his peak around 2006. So the question is do the Bears trade him for a younger player while he still has some trade value or do they let him retire a Bear? I'll admit that my dislike for Urlacher as a person probably causes me to be more critical of Urlacher the player. He is a real first class turd.
Unfortunately, trades are rare in the NFL so 54 will probably be here until he suffers his last injury.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:09 pm 

Spaulding, defined in 2 sentences:

1. She wears the same bathing suit as all of the old ladies at the health club.
2. She uses the word "cripes" when talking the beloved, specifically Urlacher.

Pretty sure we have to kick you out of the club for that crap.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:14 pm 

Fuck you, you big headed douchebag. I've been kicked out of a lot better places.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:16 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Fuck you, you big headed douchebag. I've been kicked out of a lot better places.

Anyplace in the state of Indiana is not better.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:19 pm 

You are making me angry.