It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:04 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I now feel slightly better about the Bears. They still can't run the ball which will end up killing their defense over time - as well as cost them late in games when they need to hold the ball.

I'm still not sold that the O-line can pass protect. I'm still not sure that the Bears "figured something out" yesterday as much as the Cowboys just inexplicably decided to call off the dogs.

3rd down efficiency was non-existent. They can't get a yard to save their life.

And, I still hate the "let's give up 500 yards of offense and hope for a good ball-punch" defense that is a Lovie trademark.

But, they definitely have some good pieces. Cutler, when he has time, can put the ball right on the money. He had some tremendous throws yesterday.

Briggs and Urlacher look like they are 24 years-old. They are both flying around the field making plays.

The defense can definitely stop the run. I was a little disappointed with the pressure from the defensive line as I thought they'd have a pretty big day yesterday.

But, overall, I'm starting to think this team could win 10 games and actually make the playoffs before summarily getting destroyed. I'm not there yet. 8-8 - if Cutler doesn't get killed which still seems very likely.

Still this.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:08 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
CONTRACT EXTENSION.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:22 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I don't think so. They will reorganize.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:24 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
I now feel slightly better about the Bears. They still can't run the ball which will end up killing their defense over time - as well as cost them late in games when they need to hold the ball.

I'm still not sold that the O-line can pass protect. I'm still not sure that the Bears "figured something out" yesterday as much as the Cowboys just inexplicably decided to call off the dogs.

3rd down efficiency was non-existent. They can't get a yard to save their life.

And, I still hate the "let's give up 500 yards of offense and hope for a good ball-punch" defense that is a Lovie trademark.

But, they definitely have some good pieces. Cutler, when he has time, can put the ball right on the money. He had some tremendous throws yesterday.

Briggs and Urlacher look like they are 24 years-old. They are both flying around the field making plays.

The defense can definitely stop the run. I was a little disappointed with the pressure from the defensive line as I thought they'd have a pretty big day yesterday.

But, overall, I'm starting to think this team could win 10 games and actually make the playoffs before summarily getting destroyed. I'm not there yet. 8-8 - if Cutler doesn't get killed which still seems very likely.

Still this.

I was previously a bit too optimistic, but, essentially....this.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:06 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I agree. It's only two games but he looks like he is thriving in the Mike Martz style instead of it being a detriment to his game.
It seemed to me that in game four that Cutler grew completely tired of the Martz offense and did his own thing. With how much timing there is in the Martz offense you pretty much just need to do what you are told and if it's an incomplete pass that's alright.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:25 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I agree. It's only two games but he looks like he is thriving in the Mike Martz style instead of it being a detriment to his game.
It seemed to me that in game four that Cutler grew completely tired of the Martz offense and did his own thing. With how much timing there is in the Martz offense you pretty much just need to do what you are told and if it's an incomplete pass that's alright.

I agree. I think he lost faith in the system when he saw how fast the rush was coming, stopped looking downfield, and was determined to freelance....but couldn't do so effectively.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:30 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
I agree. I think he lost faith in the system when he saw how fast the rush was coming, stopped looking downfield, and was determined to freelance....but couldn't do so effectively.
Which ironically, is what ultimately led to the rush being more effective in terms of sacks. My guess is that Martz spent much of the game silently saying "Why didn't he throw the ball?" whereas Cutler was saying "Why is he calling these plays that are getting me killed?". I'm not really blaming either guy for it. Cutler only knows one way to play and "system QB" isn't what he is. It worked well for a few games though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:32 am 

Last night was why I was leary of Martz. He's good at figuring how the talent he has should be used but he doesn't adapt well schematically. Granted there is no offensive line but I think they should have tried running at some point. A draw play or shorter drops something anything. It was a total breakdown.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:35 am 

Cutler lost focus and was scared of getting hit. I don't know how much I blame him. Most would be too after the 4th time getting hit. He is still accountable for those decisions though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:42 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Cutler lost focus and was scared of getting hit. I don't know how much I blame him. Most would be too after the 4th time getting hit. He is still accountable for those decisions though.
If he was really afraid of getting hit he would have gotten the ball out quicker. His above average mobility for a QB hurts him because he thinks he can do things that he can't or shouldn't. Every so often they work. However, over the course of a game it doesn't. Take the few runs to the sideline he made. They didn't really gain anything from them when he succeeded but he took sacks when he was unable to get away. A quarterback with less mobility would probably have used his arm to end the play quicker and may have avoided sacks or even hits.

I give Cutler credit for being tough but he needs to learn that the risk of a lot of his scrambling is not worth the reward most of the time. He was put in a really bad spot last night and only made it worse.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:43 am 

I think he was looking at the line and what was going to hit him next. He didn't put the focus back to where he should be throwing the ball.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:56 am 

Spaulding wrote:
I think he was looking at the line and what was going to hit him next. He didn't put the focus back to where he should be throwing the ball.
I may be wrong, but I believe that the Martz offense includes specific instructions on how a QB is to play(3 step, 5 step, 7 step drop and throw). Anything more and the results won't be good. Didn't they say that sometimes that Martz counters heavy pressure by putting less guys near the line and spreading them out?
I'm not an expert on the Martz playbook though. If that's the case, then Cutler was extending plays well past that too often and almost completely disregarding that. Collinsworth seemed to indicate as much more than a few times.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:00 am 

They couldn't run the ball. Offense shut-down in the red zone. Greg Olsen catches the ball and immediately hits the crouch position. I'm going to start calling him DA CROUTCH!!

Turnovers galore.

Defense was solid against a 0-dimensional offense in the second half. Still played the Lovie Prevent-Victory defense at the end.

Lovie is on the sidelines.

I feel exactly the same about them.

They'll win 7 or 8 games. I didn't say they were awful, just that I feel the same.

They can't run the ball. Teams will get wise to the screens in lieu of a running game. Hell, they had 7 guys blocking and they still couldn't run it.

Lovie will crap a couple games away. Cutler is prone to the 2 or 3 bad throws each game that could cost you games.

The defense looked real good. Yes, they looked better than I thought but I won't believe it until they play a real team. If they hold Dallas to 3 yards/carry or less then I'll feel better about them, slightly.

They'll win 7 or 8 games.

I've now taken back that half-step of hope to my original Week 1 assessment.

Although, I will say that, it's not that they can't run the ball, they just don't feel like doing it. They have the potential to be a mediocre running team.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:33 am 

I was wrong about the WRs, they aren't good enough. They need to stop with Hester and Knox. The are fast but they are small, can't run routes and can't be trusted to be where they are suppose to be and it shows. I don't see why they are willing to send a message to DA but not Knox. After yesterday he should be benched now.

After seeing sexy rexy it occurred to me yesterday...Cutler is a lot like him. :( I still have hope for him but he makes some pretty shit decisions when the pressure is on, given time or not. I don't think he sees what's going on very well, he might not get it either. Still love him, but yesterday loss was mostly on him. Complete shit and unacceptable.

I don't know who is in charge of the red flag or replays but somebody else should be. That catch at the 1 should never have been challenged, Cutler got into the endzone, and I'm pretty sure one of the Hall catches hit the ground. Bad coaching continues.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:34 am 

Spaulding wrote:
After seeing sexy rexy it occurred to me yesterday...Cutler is a lot like him. :( I still have hope for him but he makes some pretty shit decisions when the pressure is on, given time or not. I don't think he sees what's going on very well, he might not get it either. Still love him, but yesterday loss was mostly on him. Complete shit and unacceptable.
Can you at least now see where I was coming from and it's not just that "I hate Jay Cutler"?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:43 am 

No you hate Jay and you love Kyle.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:47 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Maybe he doesn't "hate" Cutler, but he certainly loves Orton.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:54 am 

I no longer feel a little better about the Bears.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:59 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Maybe he doesn't "hate" Cutler, but he certainly loves Orton.
I will alway root for Orton. I never denied this. In fact, one of my major points was that going to Denver was actually better for him. Why would I be mad that he went to a better situation? As an Orton fan, I would definitely do the trade. As a Bears fan, probably not.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:09 am 

On the plus-side, they were able to combine the "Cutler throws too many picks game" and the "Lovie makes incredibly bad in-game decisions game" into only a single loss.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:12 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
What is happening to this team is not shocking. The Bears as an organization are a complete and utter failure.
The Bears have always drafted defensive personnel over offensive personnel and this is what you get.

Jerry has compromised his prized QB by not building a line to protect him. Angelo does not have the intelligence (football or otherwise) to make the right picks when he has the chance. All future picks should be taken out of Jerry's control.

Jerry Angelo, Ted Phillips and Lovie should all be let go after this season, unless the Bears just don't care about winning which is the vibe I am getting. Maybe it will take a "Bill Wirtz" type experience until the Bears can become a consistently winning team.

Jay Cutler was something to be excited about, but now he is just following the path of other Bears' QB's and will most likely asked to be traded before his contract expires. He will be vilified just like Rex Grossman was and will probably be a backup QB after his stint with the Bears. His act is growing tired and the public is beginning to truly hate him.

I am sad to say I am feeling that way too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:01 am 

On the plus-side, they were able to combine the "Cutler throws too many picks game" and the "Lovie makes incredibly bad in-game decisions game" into only a single loss.

But if Lovie contests that goal line fumble the Bears would have won despite Cutler's play.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: ------
Spaulding wrote:
No you hate Jay and you love Kyle.

Say what you want to about Orton but this season is starting to make me hate Cutler. I know his line sucks but he has to stop making such terrible decisions on his throws it is getting really old.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:06 pm 

Bears are going to win the next 4 games.

Vikings
Dolphins on a short week
Eagles after a long week
Lions without Stafford

9-3 baby!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I could see 8-4. I don't think they win in Miami

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I think the Bears will beat the Vikings, but I have my doubts with them playing Miami on the road.

The Bears vs. Michael Vick has always worked in the Bears favor, so I believe they will beat Philly.

The Lions game is a pick 'em for me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
good dolphin wrote:

Vikings
Dolphins on a short week
Eagles after a long week
Lions without Stafford

9-3 baby!

The only win there is the Lions...by then they will already be in 3rd place in the North.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:09 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
Really? Detroit is going to beat New England with Drew Stanton or Shaun Hill at QB?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:17 pm 

cleveland beat new england pretty handily. and my team... :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:49 am 

good dolphin wrote:

Vikings
Dolphins on a short week
Eagles after a long week
Lions without Stafford

9-3 baby!

Make that the dolphins on a short week with a 3rd string QB. None of these games are automatic type wins but each one of them is winnable.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next