It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
rogers park bryan wrote:
Happy to be Wrong

Pretty sure theyre gonna have to run the ball at some point on their way to the Super Bowl

you're not wrong, the only thing they proved last night is that they can win a game when the other team completely self destructs and when the refs go flag crazy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:46 pm 

shakes wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Happy to be Wrong

Pretty sure theyre gonna have to run the ball at some point on their way to the Super Bowl

you're not wrong, the only thing they proved last night is that they can win a game when the other team completely self destructs and when the refs go flag crazy.

Oh, I guess the Packer lineman in an absolute state of panic over Peppers didn't cause those false starts and holdings. The refs were conservative in their calling as there were a few more clear infractions.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
Oh, I guess the Packer lineman in an absolute state of panic over Peppers didn't cause those false starts and holdings. The refs were conservative in their calling as there were a few more clear infractions.

It looked to me like Peppers was being blatantly held on at least 50% of the plays.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:10 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

It looked to me like Peppers was being blatantly held on at least 50% of the plays.

Tauscher is going to have nightmares all week about trying to stop Peppers he was totally overmatched

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

I think Cutler has been very good so far this year, but I still don't think the Bears are all that good. I'm not a believer in the defense.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
I think Cutler has been very good so far this year, but I still don't think the Bears are all that good. I'm not a believer in the defense.

I am assuming you are disappointed by the yardage given up per game via the pass, but that is what Lovie's defense is designed to do. They play the run well but are giving up a lot of yardage by the pass. This is the "bend but don't break" style, which I do not like, but that is what Lovie has put in place.

I have less faith in the offense then the defense at this point. The o-line needs to improve before Cutler is decapitated. I do like the fact there are some new bodies on the line and J'Marcus Webb is a giant.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:45 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

But they have absolutely shut down three straight teams run games. The Packers completely abandoned hope of running. The Lions and Cowboys both hoped to run and couldn't. If you make a team one dimensional, good things should happen. Saying this, I cannot escape the fact that the Bears are one dimensional on offense.

Anyway, I just cannot imagine they will be any worse than 7-1 halfway through the season. Lovie would have to be a complete boob not to make the playoffs with that kind of start. I'll take a playoff birth.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Who's kidding who here? A win is a win. They got 3 and Im looking the fool thinking they'd get 5 all year. The 80's was when we could bitch & moan on "how" they won but style points in 2010? C'mon....let's be realistic and take what we can get. They're winning games...they're doing in it in exciting fashion. I'll take it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Don't look now, but through three weeks, including two games vs. preseason Super Bowl contenders, the Bears are winning with a strong passing game (ranked 5th in the League), discipline (ranked 3rd in total penalties), winning the turnover battle (ranked 9th in Turnover Margin with top 10 rankings in INT's and FF's), solid Special Teams play (top 6 in kick and punt returns allowing them to win the field position battle when combined with their turnover margins and a top 6 ranking in placing punts inside the 20), despite the fact the running game has been slow, the offensive line has barely held up with low rankings in nearly every QB pressure category, and the Defense continues to give up yardage on key drives (although our D ranks middle of the pack in yards given up).

But in the one category that matters most, the Bears are tied for 1st in the NFL, and that is wins.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

The defense looked vulnerable today and the offense imploded--again. It looks like Cutler checked out early today, too, and that's not a good sign. I'm sticking with my 7-9 prediction for their record.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:41 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
The defense looked vulnerable today and the offense imploded--again. It looks like Cutler checked out early today, too, and that's not a good sign. I'm sticking with my 7-9 prediction for their record.
The scary part is that the second half schedule looks significantly harder. Then again, considering how there seems to be no good or bad teams in the NFL right now that's probably not really something you can project.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
I was very excited when the Bears got Cutler. Now, I'm ready to find someone else. He does not recognize blitz's, he does not throw to the open man (always going for the home run), his "reputation" has turned us into a team that only runs the ball to give the rest of the guys on the field a break, he shows no leadership qualities, his play makes me think he NEVER goes into the film room, and he doesn't look like he has spent more than five minutes working with his receivers or his OL to recognize blitz's and how to react to them.

Our OL is bad, I get that. But it is much worse because dipshit can't recognize an outside blitz and just dump it to the open man.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Beggars
Big Chicagoan wrote:
I was very excited when the Bears got Cutler. Now, I'm ready to find someone else. He does not recognize blitz's, he does not throw to the open man (always going for the home run), his "reputation" has turned us into a team that only runs the ball to give the rest of the guys on the field a break, he shows no leadership qualities, his play makes me think he NEVER goes into the film room, and he doesn't look like he has spent more than five minutes working with his receivers or his OL to recognize blitz's and how to react to them.

Our OL is bad, I get that. But it is much worse because dipshit can't recognize an outside blitz and just dump it to the open man.

I agree. He was like a zombie out there today. Not even close to the fiery refuse to lose leader type or the calm cool collected tactician type. Just a fucking zombie.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
I'll never forget chirping to my Bronco fan buddy when the deal was made. He simply said, "just wait, he's not all you think he is".

I thought he was out of his fucking mind. I thought the Bears finally had the QB for now and the future.

Now I'm not so sure. If Cutler isn't the shit, the Bears are screwed. And the Bears are screwed either way if they can't get this fucking O-line solidified.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Cutler (when he had time to throw, which wasn't all that often) played poorly, the Oline is a joke, but lets not forget how bad the defense played today.

Lets also not overlook just how ill prepared this team looked to be.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:09 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
And well see it proven tonight...

They Could have EASILY lost the Lions game and the Cowboys were/are just a complete mess.

No running game. CHECK
Not one reciever that can "go up and get it" CHECK
The defense has looked good but I dont expect Urlacher to stay healthy. Still waiting, wrong so far
Tommie Harris is an Average football player OVER estimated Him
With Chris Williams out, again, the O Line Depth looks even more pathetic. With Chris Williams IN the line is pathetic
Special teams are nothing special. Glad to be wrong here unlike Boilermaker Rick.

I hope Im wrong. Hope is a dangerous thing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
I'm about to take up knitting on Sunday afternoons.

:puker: :pukel:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I'm about to take up hating you!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: *
Devin wrote:
spmack wrote:
I'm about to take up hating you!

Man why u hattin on him? Jus cuz he wanna start knittin? What that aint manly enuff 4 u? You see them clothes u got on rite now? Sumbody knitted em. Quit hattin.

:lol:

Ohhhh God...

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:42 pm 

I laughed too....unfortunately...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:42 pm 

pizza_Place: *
spmack wrote:

I was laughing at him

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:45 pm 

Free Ajent wrote:
spmack wrote:

I was laughing at him

Me too.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:51 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
And well see it proven tonight...

They Could have EASILY lost the Lions game and the Cowboys were/are just a complete mess.

No running game.
Not one reciever that can "go up and get it"
The defense has looked good but I dont expect Urlacher to stay healthy.
Tommie Harris is an Average football player
With Chris Williams out, again, the O Line Depth looks even more pathetic.
Special teams are nothing special.

I hope Im wrong.

Glad you were wrong.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:19 pm 

Glad I was wrong too. BEARRRRSSSSS!!!!