It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hub on Bears
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Uno's
Listening to Danny this morning and Hub, I think, was really off base about the Bears. He made it sound like they were a really bad team that was lucky. He said Philly didn't play a good game. Well I wonder if the defense had anything to do with that? He also stated that it was Cutler's best game even as a pro.
Instead of bringing positives up, he was just like most hosts on 670. Always bring up the negatives. Gets kind of old hearing that. Like when you were a kid and you got all A's except for one C. And your Dad would only see that C.

Post subject: Re: Hub on Bears
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:08 pm 

deepdish wrote:
Like when you were a kid and you got all A's except for one C. And your Dad would only see that C.

Well if youre smart enough to get A's in the other subjects, than that C is unacceptable.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Even though he has been quite an asset to the SCORE staff as an analyst and a part-time host, Hub Arkush has not been afraid to express his criticism about the team he covered for over a decade when 670 AM was known as WMAQ and at WGN 720 back in the '80s when the team's radio rights were there. Sometimes, I wish he'd give it a rest concerning the Bears' receiving corps, the drafting, etc. and look at the good things the Bears have done lately.

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
rogers park bryan wrote:
deepdish wrote:
Like when you were a kid and you got all A's except for one C. And your Dad would only see that C.

Well if youre smart enough to get A's in the other subjects, than that C is unacceptable.

Sorry Dad.

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
rogers park bryan wrote:
deepdish wrote:

What if you are fat and the C was in gym?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Bucky Chris wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
deepdish wrote:

You arent about to make fun of fat people are you? That is off limits unless you are face to face.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:14 pm 

Bucky Chris wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
deepdish wrote:

Then I guess he'll be running laps after school.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:50 am 

I agree on HUb. He hates Lovie Smith and Jay Cutler and was one of Orton's leading dick suckers also so any comments on all 3 can't be trusted.

As far as the getting As and one C that's not all uncommon. Some kids who are really good at most subjects struggle in one. When I was in high school my parents were as proud of the B I got in Advanced Chemistry as they were of the As I got easily in other subjects.