It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Lovie Smith Show
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:16 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Lovie's got a bad image. Fans don't like him.

I figured out what he needs. He needs The Lovie Smith Show. So, he can connect to the fans, like this -

I'm serious. Lovie's only exposure is via press conference. He needs to sit in front of the people and show some personality. Maybe he's got a hell of a sense of humor. Who knows?

Probably not the pregame Ditka show-type since there is already 5 hours of pregame every Sunday.

But, how about a 30-minute show on The Score or even just a couple segments or a Sunday night post-news show.

He should do this.

Post subject: Re: The Lovie Smith Show
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Doesn't he still have a coaches show on 780WBBM on Monday or Tuesday night? Used to start at 7 PM I believe.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:19 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
beni hanna wrote:
Doesn't he still have a coaches show on 780WBBM on Monday or Tuesday night? Used to start at 7 PM I believe.

He might. I didn't bother to check. But, he needs to do it on The Score.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:21 pm 

Do you think ESPN would work? Don't think there is any way to get him on 670. I think if he would do a 1/2 hour TV show and take calls it would help him a great deal. Then again, he just might not have facial expressions to be more than what we currently see. So that might not work.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:23 pm 

beni hanna wrote:
Do you think ESPN would work? Don't think there is any way to get him on 670. I think if he would do a 1/2 hour TV show and take calls it would help him a great deal. Then again, he just might not have facial expressions to be more than what we currently see. So that might not work.

I just checked WBBM does it at 7pm on Monday night. I listen to a lot of radio and I didn't know that.

Still, who's listening to the radio at 7pm? That's LoHo-TIME anyway.

WSCR and WBBM are both CBS. Jauron used to do his show, not his show but he's on that show, on The Score. I thought the negative fan reaction from Score listeners is what led it to being moved to WBBM.

And, yes, it could fail miserably. But, I'm convinced that's why fans don't like the guy even though he's had some moderate success, especially lately.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
No. Just no. First of all Lovie has nothing to say. Second of all no one really cares to what little he does have to say. He is a paranoid insecure Man who thinks that everyone is out to get him, but he is too dumb to realize that it is he who is the reason that people take shots at him as a result of his arrogance & condescending personality.
The way in which people are treated is a result of the way they treat others.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:27 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I'm convinced that's why fans don't like the guy even though he's had some moderate success, especially lately.

Agree. Lovie and his suit on the big screen is a great idea that would enhance not only his image, but the Bears as a whole.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:28 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
No. Just no. First of all Lovie has nothing to say. Second of all no one really cares to what little he does have to say. He is a paranoid insecure Man who thinks that everyone is out to get him, but he is too dumb to realize that it is he who is the reason that people take shots at him as a result of his arrogance & condescending personality.

See. That's exactly what I mean.

I don't know for sure that he's arrogant and condescending. It's easy to sound that way in a press conference setting in 30 second sound bites.

I'd like some long-form arrogance and condescension before I make a final determination. He's got nothing to lose. See ^^ above.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:29 pm 

I never knew that Shawn Wallace was a Ditka fan, and when did he hurt his neck?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:38 pm 

Scorehead wrote:

See. That's exactly what I mean.

I don't know for sure that he's arrogant and condescending. It's easy to sound that way in a press conference setting in 30 second sound bites.

I'd like some long-form arrogance and condescension before I make a final determination. He's got nothing to lose. See ^^ above.

Oh I agree 100% that he should be more open & honest in dealing with the media & fans. Lets be honest, fans & the media like or dislike a coach based on his personality more than his coaching acumen. All coaches at the NFL level have some acumen or they wouldn't have got that far. Lovie is who he is & he will never be a boisterous outgoing & engaging personality. Why do the Bears hire cream puffs like Jauron & Smith? So Phillips can control them.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Douchebag wrote:

I never knew that Shawn Wallace was a Ditka fan, and when did he hurt his neck?

Inconceivable!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:46 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
Why do the Bears hire cream puffs like Jauron & Smith? So Phillips can control them.

Come on Kirk. Putting Jauron and Lovie in even the same sentence is not fair at all.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:45 pm 

ImageIf I were to picture the members of this board in person it would be very similar to this.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:46 pm 

Looking at that picture closer, is that Mike North on the right side of the picture in the gray or tan jacket?

:shock:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:52 pm 

1) Its Wallace Shawn and he's our greatest american actor.

2) You guys realize the mustacioed one in the front is Noisewater right?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
beni hanna wrote:

I just checked WBBM does it at 7pm on Monday night. I listen to a lot of radio and I didn't know that.

Still, who's listening to the radio at 7pm? That's LoHo-TIME anyway.

WSCR and WBBM are both CBS. Jauron used to do his show, not his show but he's on that show, on The Score. I thought the negative fan reaction from Score listeners is what led it to being moved to WBBM.

And, yes, it could fail miserably. But, I'm convinced that's why fans don't like the guy even though he's had some moderate success, especially lately.

The reason why Bears' football airs on WBBM Newsradio 780 and not WSCR 670 The SCORE has a lot to do with Bears' management and the fact that certain SCORE hosts have been critical of the team over the years. This was right around the time WMAQ Radio signed off for good and WSCR took over the 670 AM frequency about a decade ago.

As far as Lovie Smith's own show, which is called "Bears Insider" on 'BBM usually on Mondays at 7p and "Bears All Access" at 6p Thursdays on 'SCR, I've noticed that neither show takes phone calls from fans anymore. I wonder if the infamous "Neal from Northlake" call many years ago had a lot to do with the Bears' coaches & players no longer taking listener calls...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:57 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
1) Its Wallace Shawn and he's our greatest american actor.

Who uses a last name as a first name? What a douche...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:00 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Yes. I took that myself, at the time, with my Polaroid Brickphone. Cost me $56,000 in 1985 and ran off a car battery strapped to my back.

I'm surprised by the number of suits in attendance. Even back then people were more formal. A show like that today would have absolutely nobody there in a suit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:02 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Yes. I took that myself, at the time, with my Polaroid Brickphone. Cost me $56,000 in 1985 and ran off a car battery strapped to my back.

I'm surprised by the number of suits in attendance. Even back then people were more formal. A show like that today would have absolutely nobody there in a suit.

Everyone in today's crowd would be wearing Zubaz.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:03 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

It would be called "Let's Make a Deal" if it were less formal and had those people in costumes... :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:03 pm 

SHARK wrote:
It would be called "Let's Make a Deal" if it were less formal and had those people in costumes... :lol: :lol:
...and if it was a game show.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:05 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
SHARK wrote:
...and if it was a game show.

Rick, I almost forgot...Monty Hall, not Wayne Brady, would have deals throughout the show.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:06 pm 

SHARK wrote:
Rick, I almost forgot...Monty Hall, not Wayne Brady, would have deals throughout the show.
So basically the only thing the same between Let's Make a Deal and that picture is that there are people there. Right?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:09 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
SHARK wrote:
So basically the only thing the same between Let's Make a Deal and that picture is that there are people there. Right?

On the old Ditka show, there weren't people dressed in costumes like there were on "Let's Make a Deal". Believe it or not, there was a time where "Deal" was as formal as the old Ditka show...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:15 pm 

The North looking one is unimpressed.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:16 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Why do the Bears hire cream puffs like Jauron & Smith? So Phillips can control them.

Come on Kirk. Putting Jauron and Lovie in even the same sentence is not fair at all.

Their personalities are very similar. Their coaching style & acumen is pretty close too. Jauron ran tougher training camps & practices though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:17 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Their personalities are very similar. Their coaching style & acumen is pretty close too. Jauron ran tougher training camps & practices though.

But he gave them january off most years

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:23 pm 

I know that Jeff Joniak, the radio voice of the Bears and afternoon sports anchor on WBBM Newsradio 780, hosts Lovie's "Bears Insider" Monday nights. I'm old enough to remember that Johnny Morris used to host the "Mike Ditka Show" back in the day, complete with Howard Sudberry in the audience with those woof-woofing Bear fans on CBS2 in the '80s. Which of today's local sportscasters would want to host a Lovie show, especially because we rarely see much personality if at all from Smith or any Bear head coach since Ditka made Morris & Sudberry look like dumbasses some 25 years ago?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:25 pm 

Scorehead wrote:

rogers park bryan wrote:

Scorehead wrote:

rogers park bryan wrote:
But he gave them january off most years

So they have that in common too.

I didn't realize that Jauron was born in Peoria.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
After every commercial break, Lovie would come back with "We are now in the 1st quarter (2nd qtr 3rd, qtr, etc) of our show"

We have a good show for you, we like our show, and we'll go from there.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.