It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Bears Game 12/16
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:27 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
Not a great game, but very workmanlike, and a lot of quality teams (New England, Green Bay, NY Jets) have had to scratch out workmanlike victories against Detroit this year.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
for a guy that makes just about every player on the field miss him hester sure does get taken down by the punter a lot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:53 pm 

I was thinking the same thing about Hester. Thats a few times already this season he has been stopped by the punter. This is 2 games this season they have struggled to beat the Lions, who had average to bad QBs play most of the games.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:00 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Mr. Hernandez wrote:
Ryan was pissing me off with the Suh hit on Cutler. Does he not see that in real time it looked like a forearm to the head. I thought it was at 1st. Only in the replay we saw that it wasnt but he just kept going on and on about how bad of a call it was :roll:

Can u say, 2 hand shiver? Ryan=loser

Two hand shiver to the back of the head/neck region. I think he got his left on his shoulder pads, but the right was awfully close to the back of the head. I dont think that matters, but it is pretty obvious that it was just a continuation of Suh being a goon. Looking to hurt someone.

And really, another fine example of the NFL being completely inconsistent in their rules. Im all for easing up on all the rules, but if you are going to pussify this game, you need to crack down on the goonery.

- Dan Bernstein, 2016

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:24 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
In the end, New England pasted Detroit 45-24. Once the Pats figured out to do quick flares/slants instead of full drops the Patriots neutralized the Lions D-line pressure and had their way with them. No idea why Martz and Lovie couldn't figure that out from watching the tape of that Pats game. The Bears today would run 1 of those quick passes and it'd work and then next play they'd have Cutler dropping back 10 yards with the Lions defense in his face all the way back. Maybe Martz just doesn't have many of those plays in his playbook.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
JasonB wrote:
for a guy that makes just about every player on the field miss him hester sure does get taken down by the punter a lot

If Manning or Steltz managed to even get in the way of the punter, much less block him, Hester would have had a TD

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:44 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
This stuff about the penalty is a little bit silly. The call was borderline, but if it hadn't been called, the Bears would have had a second and 2 from the 14. Instead, they had a 1st and goal from the seven. And they scored on the very next play.

In other words, it ended up being a seven yard penalty, and the Bears only needed one more play to pick up another seven yards.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Frank Coztansa wrote:
JasonB wrote:

If Manning or Steltz managed to even get in the way of the punter, much less block him, Hester would have had a TD

No shit, I was pissed that those 2 goofs were more interested in looking cool running down the field with Hester than actually fucking blocking the damn punter. Hester should have lit them up on the sidelines.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:20 am 

Irish Boy wrote:
This stuff about the penalty is a little bit silly. The call was borderline, but if it hadn't been called, the Bears would have had a second and 2 from the 14. Instead, they had a 1st and goal from the seven. And they scored on the very next play.

In other words, it ended up being a seven yard penalty, and the Bears only needed one more play to pick up another seven yards.

Exactly what I was thinking. It's a 7 yard penalty for a team that was driving and they got 8-10 yards with the next pass to Manu. The penalty was really irrelevant to the outcome of the game and I keep hearing it referenced as if it was significant.

The bigger call was simultaneous possession of a fumble, which is a complete cop out piece of shit call by the refs. Make a freaking decision because there is almost no way logically "simultaneous possession" is the correct call. One person had it and another person piled on him. They did not both jump on it at the same time and secure it simultaneously.

I thought the refs sucked all day. There were at least three spots that sucked and played a much bigger role than Suh's hit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:34 am 

good dolphin wrote:
The bigger call was simultaneous possession of a fumble, which is a complete cop out piece of shit call by the refs. Make a freaking decision because there is almost no way logically "simultaneous possession" is the correct call. One person had it and another person piled on him. They did not both jump on it at the same time and secure it simultaneously.

I agree. I don't think I have ever seen this call made before. It was complete BS.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.