It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

If the Bears beat the Viking and Packers lose at New England the Bears win the division. The final 2 games won't matter. So cheer up everybody.

This division loss to the Lions was crushing to the Packers. Cuz a Bears win over the Vikes mean they will have the "better division record" tie breaker no matter what happens in that last Packers game. That's why we can clinch next week.

I don't think many people are aware of the fact that the Bears can clinch next week. Spread the word!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:20 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Good chance that happens, who knows if the Packers will have Rodgers and we don't know where the Bears-Vikings game will be played.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:20 am 

that is a likely scenerio too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Aaron Rodgers suffered his second concussion in yesterday's loss to the Lions and FOX Sports' Sam Rosen reminded everyone watching the Packers/Lions' game that Matt Flynn, the third year QB from LSU, was the only other QB on Green Bay's roster. You would think that in the wake of Aaron's concussion, the Packers would be doing the smart thing in at least working out a QB or two to back up Flynn Sunday night if Rodgers is a no go. Not to say the Packers have a better chance to beat the Patriots next Sunday night on the "Al & Cris Show", better known as NBC's "Sunday Night Football", but the Packers & Rodgers have to be smarter than this.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I just don't see how the Packers could beat the Pats at Foxboro. I think the Bears will clinch next week and hopefully kick the Vikings in the dick.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Country Bumpkin wrote:
I just don't see how the Packers could beat the Pats at Foxboro. I think the Bears will clinch next week and hopefully kick the Vikings in the dick.

The Patriots have won 26 in a row at Gillette Stadium, Country. The Pats have also thrived vs. the NFC, too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Beardown wrote:
If the Bears beat the Viking and Packers lose at New England the Bears win the division. The final 2 games won't matter. So cheer up everybody.

This division loss to the Lions was crushing to the Packers. Cuz a Bears win over the Vikes mean they will have the "better division record" tie breaker no matter what happens in that last Packers game. That's why we can clinch next week.

I don't think many people are aware of the fact that the Bears can clinch next week. Spread the word!!!!

Hawk Harrelson wrote:
I love it when you analyze!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:43 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
After tonight, Bears congratulations you will be division champs, I think the Pats beat the Packers and the Vikings best qb is Favre and he probably won't play again, so wherever the game is played, maybe outside in Minnesota, the Bears will be celbrating the division title.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:50 am 

If they play this game in Minnesota the Bears are going to be lucky to win.

This will be the game of the year for the Vikings. It's the whole season for them. They are planning a 50 year celebration of the franchise. The fans are very concerned that it is soon to be the Los Angeles Vikings of Anaheim. The Brett Favre drama is officially over. The game is on national television.

If the game is in Detroit or Indy or St. Louis the Bears win and probably have more fans there.

I don't think the Packers win in Foxboro either. Does anything really change if both teams lose?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:44 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Really? Did you watch any of that game last nite? The Viqueen are horrible. They were bad with Farve, now they seem to be just a doormat for the final games of the year. I get what you're saying that this could be the Vikes season, but I don't care where or when this game is, the Bears have no business losing to a team like this.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:00 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Really? Did you watch any of that game last nite? The Viqueen are horrible. They were bad with Farve, now they seem to be just a doormat for the final games of the year. I get what you're saying that this could be the Vikes season, but I don't care where or when this game is, the Bears have no business losing to a team like this.
The Bears didn't exactly light the world on fire this week either.

The Bears have also struggled to beat bad teams like Detroit and Buffalo.

The Bears should dominate but this will be a bad situation to go in to.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:09 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Yeah they didn't dominate Buffalo or Detroit, but they still won. Thats all they need to do the next 2 weeks.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:06 pm 

I take back all my thoughts in this thread if both Tarvaris and Brett aren't playing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
It looks like T Jax worse than Brett right now. Old man might have to give it a go.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The fans are very concerned that it is soon to be the Los Angeles Vikings of Anaheim.

How plausible do you find this scenario? Personally, I can't imagine that the NFL would sanction a move to Los Angeles because it is precisely the ongoing availability of Los Angeles as a potential destination for existing NFL franchises that allows NFL owners to extort funding for new stadium deals from local governments. LA is far more valuable as a negotiating tool than it is as an NFL city. Why else would the league expand to Jacksonville or Charlotte before establishing a franchise there?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:45 pm 

Looks like this game is about to officially head outside to the future Jerry Kill Stadium.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

Is it true that Jackson and Webb might miss this week for the Vikes? They're looking for a 4th string QB off the street to start this game?

Wow. Talk about luck if that happens. The Bears will have faced two 3rd stringers and a 4th stringer at the QB position this season.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:43 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Is it true that Jackson and Webb might miss this week for the Vikes? They're looking for a 4th string QB off the street to start this game?

Wow. Talk about luck if that happens. The Bears will have faced two 3rd stringers and a 4th stringer at the QB position this season.

I think Webb is alright, but not exactly someone you want starting due to his extreme rawness. If T Jax and Brett are both out then there is a very good chance the Vikings will be having their own version of Brian St. Pierre start this week.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

It is true!!!
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Vikings-hoping-Favre-can-start-vs-Bears.html

That's it!!! It's over!!! With Rogers out at New England and a 4th stringer vs the Bears, the Bears just won the NFC North!!!! We did it!!!! Yay, injuries!!!! :cheers: :cheers:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:51 pm 

In even more fun backup quarterback news. There are rumblings in Washington that Rex may get the start over a healthy Mcnabb.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:14 pm 

washington can't help but be a disaster year in and year out while dan snyder is the owner.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:21 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The fans are very concerned that it is soon to be the Los Angeles Vikings of Anaheim.

How plausible do you find this scenario? Personally, I can't imagine that the NFL would sanction a move to Los Angeles because it is precisely the ongoing availability of Los Angeles as a potential destination for existing NFL franchises that allows NFL owners to extort funding for new stadium deals from local governments. LA is far more valuable as a negotiating tool than it is as an NFL city. Why else would the league expand to Jacksonville or Charlotte before establishing a franchise there?
I never thought of it that way. That makes a lot of sense.

I would have to think the NFL is also very hesitant to let big rivalries like the Vikings-Packers and Vikings-Bears die with a move. St. Louis-Chicago and St. Louis-Green Bay won't be nearly as interesting.

I don't see the Vikings moving either.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:38 am 

I don't understand why they can't just move the rams back there. Their current stadium lease is about up too I think. Nelly can learn to like the chiefs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:42 pm 

Favre playing in single digit temperatures with his streak having ended? I don't really see Favre playing next Monday against the Bears.