It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Ban me
RFDC wrote:
Nice to see you around. Congrats on beating me in FF with Rex ya jackwagon.

Your team didn't make it easy. A lot of those guys picked the wrong time to have their best game of the season. I needed every point too.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:30 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Seriously. Stick around.

Didn't want to be an attention whore but by doing this I guess I am. I'll be checking in but it probably won't be as frequent.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:32 pm 

Phil McCracken wrote:

And he lays them out on routes and gets them concussed

Every QB does that from time to time. I honestly believe Collie should have done what Hillenmeyer did. I don't think he was ready.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:07 pm 

HOVA wrote:
[ Brady is putting up amazing numbers with a lot of no names and bums around him. Peyton still throws the ball to a few studs.

s'plain it to me

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:32 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
HOVA wrote:
[ Brady is putting up amazing numbers with a lot of no names and bums around him. Peyton still throws the ball to a few studs.

s'plain it to me

Other than Welker there isn't a guy on the Patriots offense that would start or play for the Colts. Given close to the same talent Brady put up video game numbers in their nearly undefeated season.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:39 pm 

I completely missed this thread last week. Who is this person?

I usually don't pay attention to people with less than 5k posts. Welcome, rook. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
spanky wrote:
I completely missed this thread last week. Who is this person?

I usually don't pay attention to people with less than 5k posts. Welcome, rook. :wink:

This...

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:27 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
HOVA wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
HOVA wrote:

s'plain it to me

Other than Welker there isn't a guy on the Patriots offense that would start or play for the Colts. Given close to the same talent Brady put up video game numbers in their nearly undefeated season.

Deon Branch and Stephen Gronkowski would be Significant upgrades from Blair White and that Tammey dude.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:47 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
[Other than Welker there isn't a guy on the Patriots offense that would start or play for the Colts. Given close to the same talent Brady put up video game numbers in their nearly undefeated season.

Deon Branch and Stephen Gronkowski would be Significant upgrades from Blair White and that Tammey dude.[/quote]

and a significantly better offensive line...so other than OL, WR and TE, Brady is playing with a weaker cast

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:01 pm 

Seacrest wrote:

Deon Branch and Stephen Gronkowski would be Significant upgrades from Blair White and that Tammey dude.

With the injuries the Colts have this season you're right. However when they are healthy Manning would laugh at the idea of throwing the ball to one of those guys. Branch has more touchdowns and receiving yards in 11 games with the Patriots than he had in his last 20 with the Seahawks. In fact he hasn't had more touchdowns in any season since he left.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/595 ... ExX63.uLYF

Awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:04 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

and a significantly better offensive line...so other than OL, WR and TE, Brady is playing with a weaker cast

Tom Brady has been sacked 9 more times this year than last even though he has thrown nearly 100 fewer passes. Peyton Manning has only been sacked 15 times this season.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Colts don't have a running game ( around 30th in most rushing categories) to take the pressure off of the passing game and keep the defense honest. The result is that the Colts are always relying on Manning to get it done against defenses that know that the Colts can't run and so Manning's making bad passes into tight spots and double coverage because the defense isn't worried about the Colts run game. And the defenses are also able to cheat off the line and fill passing lanes to take away quick slants over the middle and other staples of the passing game.

Patriots running game has been well above average (8th in YPC, top 10 in rushing yardage, YPG and attempts) and has only coffed up 1 fumble this season.

You give either Manning or Brady a decent rushing game and they'll pick apart defenses and put up video game passing numbers regardless of their receivers / o-line.

Last edited by NearWessSideHussra on Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:24 pm 

NearWessSideHussra wrote:
Colts don't have a running game ( around 30th in most rushing categories) to take the pressure of of the passing game and keep the defense honest. The result is that the Colts are always relying on Manning to get it done against defenses that know that the Colts can't run and so Manning's making bad passes into tight spots and double coverage because the defense isn't worried about the Colts run game. And the defenses are also able to cheat off the line and fill passing lanes to take away quick slants over the middle and other staples of the passing game.

Patriots running game has been well above average (1st in rushing TDS, 8th in YPC, top 10 in rushing yardage, YPG and attempts) and has only coffed up 1 fumble this season.

You give either Manning or Brady a decent rushing game and they'll pick apart defenses and put up video game passing numbers regardless of their receivers / o-line.

I can't really argue against that but I'll try. I think the fact Brady has been so great passing the ball this year has helped set up the running game. Their running backs are average at best. When healthy I'll take the Colts backfield without even thinking about it.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:37 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Dunno if's it's o-line or passing game or simply having a couple decent backs or offensive scheme, but the Patriots leading rusher has as many yards as the Colts top 2 rushers combined.
Colts haven't been running the ball much for whatever reason, most likely because when they do it doesn't go well. 3.8 YPC vs 4.4 YPC for the Patriots on the season.

Green-Ellis has 0 fumbles over 300 or so career rushes, not really relevant but a nice stat for the Pats.

PATRIOTS carries/yds/ypc
BenJarvus Green-Ellis 209 /928/ 4.4
Danny Woodhead 95 /528/5.6

The Colts running game has suffered from injuries, but it's the running game they have had this season and it's been awful, but getting Addai back should be a big help. Addai and Brown combined for 140 yards Sunday.

COLTS carries/yds/ypc
Donald Brown 126 488 3.9
Joseph Addai 105 451 4.3
Javarris James 46 112 2.4
Mike Hart 43 185 4.3