Chris Harris......FTW!

Post subject: Re: Bears Game 15/16
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Beggars
Alright! Great game - great win!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Is it finally enough? Is this the win that let's you buy in?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Terry's Peeps wrote:

This team is so confusing its not even funny. To handle a team like Philly and than get destroyed by the Pats and than to have an up and down game like this. I dont know what to make of this team.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:26 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

This team is so confusing its not even funny. To handle a team like Philly and than get destroyed by the Pats and than to have an up and down game like this. I dont know what to make of this team.

With the exception of maybe the Patriots, I would guess that fans of every other team in the NFL in playoff contention can say the exact same thing.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Beggars
I am buying in. Great win today. Huge game next week to insure the Number 2 seed. The only thing disconcerting is the defense, but they did step up late in the 4th quarter when the chips were down. The Rex Ryan fake punt was unbelievably stupid but the Bears took advantage of it. Thanks alot Rex. Go suck some toe!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Pats are good. You shouldn't be confused by Bears being destroyed by them

And I'm worried about how our defense did in the 3rd quarter. Jay and Sanchez both had their way with the Ds.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Bears won and are 11-4. Cutler threw one pick, but other than that, he is my fav player.

Bears will beat the Pack and will finish 12-4.

They got beaten by a great team in the Pats. That happens sometimes. Other than that, who the fuck cares.

Last year they would never have come back. They are a good team that needs some polishing, but who else is perfect besides the Pats?

Bears = Division Champs.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Oh to have the Seahawks & Redskin games back again. A win in either of those games & the Bears are vying for the #1 playoff seed in the NFC.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

How the fuck did Eli Manning win a Superbowl and be MVP?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:24 pm 

schmitty1121 wrote:
Jets secondary is playing horrible, getting beat by average receivers.

They sure look a cut above average to me!

Former host of The Outdoors Experience on WIND and The Great Outdoors on CLTV
http://www.wefishasa.com

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:06 pm 

Country Bumpkin wrote:

They showed a stat towards the end of the game. His irst 6 seasons, he had one 3+ INT game. This year alone, he's had 4 (or maybe 5 now, don't remember).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:32 pm 

Happy to see the Bears win, but watching and listening to all the post game reports on TV and radio, I keep hearing what a bone headed decision the fake punt was and how the Bears were ready and defended it well.

THE GUY DROPPED THE BALL, AND IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A FIRST DOWN. It was poor execution, nothing else.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:03 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
welp, as somebody might have noticed i wasn't in the chat today, thus sparing ;y'all fortunate souls the usual bombardment of witticisms that can only dream of someday being left on don tiny's editing room floor.

instead, i was at the game, finishing out a season where i attended four proper home games. roll call = green bay, seatttle, philadelphia, and now the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

the defense was once again softer than an infant pillsbury dough boy begging for a facebook poke, and that pick-6 made me rue the idea of wearing by newfound cutler imitation jersey... however, it turned out to be a wildly entertaining football game that kept me on the edge of the little quasi-row behind row 16 of section 324 in the south endzone (seriously, i had a seat that was right in the middle of the end of the aisle for section 324, so if i didn't stand i'd have been treated to three hours of people buying beer right in front of me)

THEE POSITIVES: jay cutler, bad body language and all, managed three glorious touchdowns of ~30/+ yards by exploiting man coverage thanks to the o-line holding up long enough for him to do so. also, after a 21 point swing that saw the bears go from leading 10-0 to being down 21-10, they calmly handled business, going from down 24-17 at the half to leading 31-24 in the third quarter. that's what you like to see from your football team.

THEE NEGATIVES: the defense was gashed gashed gashed. tommie harris demanded his skates back after lending them to the whole deam for a stirring rendition of bears on ice last monday. it truly felt like we were unable to stop them at just about every juncture, thus resulting in a handful of bonafide "thank you jesus" moments (i thought karma mandated that those would have been used up after the green bay game). i mean, serously, we helped the mighty sanchize look like, well, the sanchize. even tom thayer was calling him that 5+ times during the game. it seemed like no matter what we did they were executing slants for 10+ yards, then eventually they'd get a nice gash running, then FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK MARK SANCHEZ would invoke the spirit of aaron rodgers, being nimble and headstrong in the pocket to avoid two surefire sacks by getting rid of the ball.

THE ADDITIONAL POSITIVES: as the bears set out to prove that one can indeed work the jets' corners to the tune of three long touchdown grabs, rex ryan invoked his geniusness by going for a horrible fake punt and then saying "ah what the hell? let's kick it to devin" and that set up some primo field position which led to their demise. overall, the big positive was that when you get in a game like this where the defense says "fuck it, we got nothing" it sure is nice to have a quarterback who isn't afraid to make thing happen, especially after he's already amassed a pick-6 on the day.

so i ended up 3-1 on the season and i saw two devin hester return touchdowns. the green bay game one was magical because they played soulja boy's crank dat coming out of the tv/timeout and we all got pumped up and excited and then devin delivered the goods. hell, it even reminded me of turn-of-the-millennium cubs games talking to other people cuz it was all like "we lost, but devin returned one!" and today devin was twice a missed tackle away from adding to his record... it's utterly amazing that one can literally pull a forrest gump and say "now devin, when you get the ball go that way (*points forward*) and it works to the point of a NFL record for return touchdowns.

welp, i'm babbling so allow me to wrap it all up by saying that despite the conditions (i.e. cold biting wind with snow flurries in my face for 80% of the game) it ended up being an excellent romp of a sunday afternoon and i'm quite fortunate to have been handed tickets to four games this season, each of which ended up being a game that went down til the final minute or two before the outcome was decided. i had mild weather for the first three, then a proper snow game. i covered teh whole spectrum this year, and in the end i have that much more of a personal connection to the team, so let's hope that our quarterback can live up to the franchise-caliber expectations and maybe get us on a roll heading in the playoffs, cuz the way the defense is playing lately it sure looks like we"re certainly going to need him to do his thing.

oh and also where the fuck was g-reg this week? there was that one bad pass to him in double coverage in the endzone in the 4th quarter and the other one in the first quarter where he deflected the pass and johnny knox ended up being pun-on-the-spot and ended up catching it. otherwise.... * cricket serenade *

hey missing neck, was the U's streak kept alvie this week?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:07 am 

pizza_Place: sit down
Country Bumpkin wrote:

And why were we subjected to Eli for the 2nd game today when Peyton was playing at the same time. If Peyton and Eli are playing in different games at the same time, only the markets of the teams involved in the game should have to suffer Eli. Really wanted to see Colt-Raiders. Packers-Giants was a foregone conclusion as soon as Desean Jackson finally crossed the goal line after running out the clock last week and Tom Coughlin decided to dress down his hapless punter on national TV.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:18 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
NearWessSideHussra wrote:
Country Bumpkin wrote:

And why were we subjected to Eli for the 2nd game today when Peyton was playing at the same time. If Peyton and Eli are playing in different games at the same time, only the markets of the teams involved in the game should have to suffer Eli. Really wanted to see Colt-Raiders. Packers-Giants was a foregone conclusion as soon as Desean Jackson finally crossed the goal line after running out the clock last week and Tom Coughlin decided to dress down his hapless punter on national TV.

david tyree made a magical catch and the giants' front four were a force to be reckoned with. seriously, that super bowl was all about the patriots not dropping 30 as opposed to eli manninf having some sorr of otherworldly game.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:20 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
hey missing neck, was the U's streak kept alvie this week?

Seeing how Hester caught a TD, yes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:32 am 

Thought it was fitting that the younger Ryan's fate was sealed today by... 46.