It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Bears vs. Packers
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Beggars
Let's get some predictions.

Post subject: Re: Bears vs. Packers
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I'll wait til after Tuesday to see if the Bears care.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

No line has been posted by Vegas as they wait to see if the Bears need it for the two seed. If they do I'll bet the Packers will be 6 point favorites.

It's equally as big for the Bears if they need it for the bye. Cuz if they lose they'll host the Packers the following week. I'd rather face any other team in the playoffs than the Packers.

You know what could happen if the Bears get the 2 seed? Let's assume the Bears get the 2 seed if Dallas beats Philly. Packers beat us or Giants lose so the Packers are in. Packers face the Falcons in round 2 cuz they'll be the lowest seed. Packers win. Bears beat Philly in round 2 and it's Bears vs Packers in the NFC championship game at Soldier Field. That would be pretty cool.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Bears put away the Packers at 3:15 next Sunday. They have a chance to go 6-0 within the division and score a first round by with a win.

Cutler has a monster day and finishes at 100+ again.

The Beloved have the Pack's number this year.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:29 pm 

The X-Factor here has got to be the weather. It could be 40 degrees on Sunday. The condition of the field is important too. Peppers is definitely going to have a better game if the field is in order.

The Bears need to hold Rodgers under 300 yards passing and hold the Packers to 24 points or less. They need to win the turnover battle. I would look for the special teams to be the deciding factor in the game.

The outcome of the game really depends on how bad the Bears want it. Are they happy just getting into the playoffs or do they realize that barring a trip to the Super Bowl this is the most important game of the year?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:36 pm 

If Atlanta wins and Philly loses this week the Bears will be locked in at #2. I expect if that is true we don't see the starters more than a half at most.

IF they still need to win to clinch #2 or still have a chance at #1 then I predict a wn.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:37 pm 

Mini Ditka wrote:
The X-Factor here has got to be the weather. It could be 40 degrees on Sunday. The condition of the field is important too. Peppers is definitely going to have a better game if the field is in order.

The Bears need to hold Rodgers under 300 yards passing and hold the Packers to 24 points or less. They need to win the turnover battle. I would look for the special teams to be the deciding factor in the game.

The outcome of the game really depends on how bad the Bears want it. Are they happy just getting into the playoffs or do they realize that barring a trip to the Super Bowl this is the most important game of the year?

I hope you're not serious about this being the most important game of the year if the seed is locked in for the playoffs.

I'd rather have a healthy team win that first playoff game and maybe more than lose a starter because we wanted to beat the Packers more.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:42 pm 

cpguy wrote:
Let's get some predictions.

Prediction?

PAIN

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Mini Ditka wrote:

1. Stop talking about the weather. It doesn't matter.

2. Peppers needs to show up in Green Bay. He barely made the stat sheet in the Jets game with 1 tackle.

3. Rather than special teams, I believe that it will be the Bears Defense that decides the outcome of this game. If Mark "Dirty" Sanchez can put up 34 points on the beloved in Soldier Field, imagine what A-Rod can do at home.

4. Both teams want to win, but the Packers need the win more. The Bears are already in the playoffs. The Pack needs to win.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:50 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
The PACK need to win??? You mean like the Vikings needed to win last year when the Bears handed them their ass?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:31 pm 

pizza_Place: *
Scorehead wrote:
2. Peppers needs to show up in Green Bay. He barely made the stat sheet in the Jets game with 1 tackle.

Dude, just fuckin get off this stat shit already, you have no clue wtf you're talking about

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:44 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
jimmypasta wrote:
The PACK need to win??? You mean like the Vikings needed to win last year when the Bears handed them their ass?

An OT win in your own outdoor stadium vs an already in-the-playoffs dome team featuring an AARP-eligible QB in late December qualifies as a handing-of-the-ass?

The Packers playing at home and most likely playing this game under the assumption they need to win to even make the playoffs are already favorites at -6 at some books. Probably increase to over a TD if the Bears find out they don't need the game for anything and will be resting starters the 2nd half regardless.

Packers special teams are atrocious. If a 350-lb offensive lineman can take a kick-off back 70-some yards against the Packers kick coverage team, no idea how they'll handle Hester.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:57 pm 

Free Ajent wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Dude, just fuckin get off this stat shit already, you have no clue wtf you're talking about

J-Pep did not have a very good game against the Jets. I heard a few guys both local & national say the same thing. Did you watch the game? Do you assume that every Bear is great & had a great game or do you watch objectively? Pep was pretty much a non factor in the Jets game. Stats are what they are. They reflect a players success or lack of. The stats don't lie. Pep had 1 tackle. That's it. Hell, even Tommie Harris as horrible as he played had 2 tackles.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Disagree with part of that. Peppers has had HUGE games when the tackle/sack sacks didn't suggest it. That being said, I didn't think he played well at all against the Jets.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:18 pm 

Bucky Chris wrote:
Disagree with part of that. Peppers has had HUGE games when the tackle/sack sacks didn't suggest it. That being said, I didn't think he played well at all against the Jets.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:02 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Free Ajent wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Since you do, enlighten us to what Pep did yesterday to earn the $1.25 M he was paid for his role in the Jets game. Other than the one tackle.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:34 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
cubbiegirlshamus wrote:
If Atlanta wins and Philly loses this week the Bears will be locked in at #2. I expect if that is true we don't see the starters more than a half at most.

IF they still need to win to clinch #2 or still have a chance at #1 then I predict a wn.

If Atlanta loses next weekend, and the Bears win against the Pack, the Bears get the #1 seed. Now its pretty unlikely that the Panthers go on the road and win, but you never know. Though, the Falcons and Panthers have a noon game so you might see the starters out pretty early if the Falcons win on Sunday.

If Philly loses tonite, the Bears get at least the #2. If Philly wins tonite, the Bears need to win to get the bye. If that is the case, Bears will play everybody and will win. If not, you will see a lot of the starters leave the game early and Green Bay wins because of that.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:58 am 

I thought the Falcons AND Saints had to lose next week for the Bears to get the #1??? Something with the tie-breakers.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:37 am 

The Packers needed 6 turnovers from the Giants in order to snap a 2 game losing streak. If this game is important to both teams, the Bears win this one by double digits.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:54 am 

casual fan wrote:
I thought the Falcons AND Saints had to lose next week for the Bears to get the #1??? Something with the tie-breakers.

You really are a casual fan I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:54 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
The Packers needed 6 turnovers from the Giants in order to snap a 2 game losing streak. If this game is important to both teams, the Bears win this one by double digits.

True. But the Bears needed 15 Packers penalties at Soldier Field to beat them if you want to play that game.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

But the Packers were in that game until the very end. It was until a fumble by the Pack late in the 4th quarter, followed by a field goal that the Bears iced the game.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:12 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Free Ajent wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Since you do, enlighten us to what Pep did yesterday to earn the $1.25 M he was paid for his role in the Jets game. Other than the one tackle.

I'm not saying that he had a great game by any means, but i'm just sick of SH thinking that he was a non factor in games because he didn't fill the stat sheet.

Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:15 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
casual fan wrote:

You really are a casual fan I guess.

I don't claim to be an expert, and in fact, according to nfl.com and yahoo.com I was wrong. The Bears need the Eagles to lose or tie next week also to get the #1. Tie-breakers must be a bitch.

from nfl.com (also on yahoo).....

"With the Falcons losing to the Saints Monday night, the Bears still have an outside chance of earning the No. 1 seed. They need a win over the Packers coupled with losses by the Falcons to the Panthers and the Saints to the Buccaneers Sunday and an Eagles loss to either the Vikings or the Cowboys."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

casual fan wrote:
The Bears need the Eagles to lose or tie next week also to get the #1.

Unless the Eagles lose tonite.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:18 pm 

Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

True. But the Bears needed 15 Packers penalties at Soldier Field to beat them if you want to play that game.

The game I'm playing is that the Packers had not been playing well and needed some catastrophic bungling in order to change direction. The Bears have won 7 out of 8 during what everyone thought would be a tough second half of the season.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:29 pm 

Scorehead wrote:

Free Ajent wrote:

Seacrest wrote:

Free Ajent wrote:
I'm not saying that he had a great game by any means, but i'm just sick of SH thinking that he was a non factor in games because he didn't fill the stat sheet.

J-Pep WAS a non factor in the Jets game. Put down the blue & orange kool aid & watch the game objectively rather than assuming because he is Julius Peppers that every game he plays is great. Even great players have bad games. The Jets game wasn't Peppers worst game of the season, that was the Seahawks game when rookie OL Russell Okung completely dominated Peppers.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Ease up with the J-Pep stuff Teinowitz.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:32 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
J-Pep WAS a non factor in the Jets game. Put down the blue & orange kool aid & watch the game objectively rather than assuming because he is Julius Peppers that every game he plays is great. Even great players have bad games. The Jets game wasn't Peppers worst game of the season, that was the Seahawks game when rookie OL Russell Okung completely dominated Peppers.

Learn how to fucking read and get back to me :roll:

Free Ajent wrote:

Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

Ah, even an 11 win season and John Kirk is still talking like an idiot :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next