It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

1. It was huge that the Bears lost to Seattle. Had the Bears beaten them, they wouldn't be in the playoffs to upset the Saints and we wouldn't be playing them for an easy win in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Remember how pissed everybody was after that loss? It turns out that loss was the Bears ticket to the NFC championship game. :lol: I'm sure I'm the only one thinking about this. It might be brought up on sports radio or in the papers, but I was the first.

2. Had the Bears beaten the Packers in the last game, Green Bay would have been out and it's likely the Giants wouldn't have beaten Philly and we would have gotten Philly while the Falcons would have gotten the Seahawks.

3. It's also good that we have the 2 seed over the 1 seed. Cuz we get to play Seattle while the Falcons get the Packers. :lol: Good chance we get the NFC title game here vs the Packers. I'd take that over going to Atlanta.

Unreal how this stuff works out. Losses to GB and Seattle were a good thing. Gotta love it.

Last edited by Beardown on Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:50 pm 

Irish Boy wrote:
We?

RFDC wrote:
+1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:52 pm 

W_Z wrote:
Irish Boy wrote:
We?

RFDC wrote:
+1

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
W_Z wrote:
Irish Boy wrote:
We?

RFDC wrote:
+1

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:55 pm 

Bears are an early 9 point favorite next week.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nobody is gonna say "Oh yeah, Beardown. Great point. That Bears loss to Seattle was a great thing. It does get us to the NFC title game. I didn't think about that."

Figures. I get no love.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Oh yeah, Beardown. Great point.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:58 pm 

Nobody is gonna say "oh yeah, spanky, thanks for giving us the line for the game next week. I didn't think about that yet".

Figures. I get no nub.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
oh yeah, spanky, thanks for giving us the line for the game next week. I didn't think about that yet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:00 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Nobody is gonna say "Oh yeah, Beardown. Great point. That Bears loss to Seattle was a great thing. It does get us to the NFC title game. I didn't think about that."

Figures. I get no love.

Beardown, you are easily a top 5 poster when you're not doing the "other stuff".

Spanky wrote:
Nobody is gonna say "oh yeah, spanky, thanks for giving us the line for the game next week. I didn't think about that yet".

Figures. I get no nub.

Chus will get credit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

spanky wrote:

Figures. I get no nub.

Thanks. I had guessed that the line would have been 10. I said that to a few people and was ridiculed. I also had this "Bears losing to Seattle was a great thing" yesterday. But I didn't want to post it cuz if the Packers would have lost, it would have been a bad thing. Easy win for Atlanta then.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

spmack wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Figures. I get no love.

Beardown, you are easily a top 5 poster when you're not doing the "other stuff".quote]

Thanks. You considering me "one of the good ones" on certain posts means a lot to me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
The Seahawks can win this game next week. Be careful of what you have wished for.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:04 pm 

You have to think if the Bears knock out the Packers then they end up playing the Giants at some point.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:05 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
The Seahawks can win this game next week. Be careful of what you have wished for.

Agreed. I am quite scared.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Seattle will be playing loose as they have no pressure. The Bears are heavy favorites when they relish and thrive in the underdog role. Hub knows what I'm talking about.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Surprised the Bears are favored at all, let alone by that much. At this point, I'd take Hasselbeck's post-season experience over the unknown that is Cutler in the post-season. And Green Bay's defense in that last game provided a blueprint on how to shut down the Bears offense--take away everything deep and wait for Cutler to get antsy and throw a pick. Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:

There is no way in hell a 7-9 team wins back to back playoff games. They were at home for the first one anyway. This is a lock win for the Bears having a bye week and with Seattle traveling. It's a noon start so it's like a 10am start for the Seahawks. That's terribe for west coast teams in the reg season, in the playoffs it's more devistating.

The win over the Saints was a fluke and our defense is way better than the Seahawks. Seattle put up 41. No way they do that here. Keep in mind, the Saints still put up 35 against them. Seattle sucks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

NearWessSideHussra wrote:
Surprised the Bears are favored at all, let alone by that much.

Are you stupid? Of course they're favored. Seattle was a 10 point playoff dogs at home. Seahawks winning means nothing to Vegas and any other bookmaker. They still know they're bad. That line will go up cuz people will pound the Bears. It will be 10.5 at kickoff. Maybe 11.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
No way seattle would have won that game anywhere but home. No NFL game is a lock but given the three possibilities I am glad it is Seattle.

Plus this means we get another dose of Softy Mahler :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:18 pm 

Lol, Beardown going off-the-rails hysterical.

Jeez, chill, mang. Been watching the Bears lines all season and they've gotten very favorable lines this season. So, yeah, it's a surprise that they are favored over a team that kicked their arses up and down Solider Field once already this season.

Last edited by NearWessSideHussra on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:19 pm 

The noon Chicago start time didn't seem to bother the Seahawks at all back in October when they handled the Bears @ Soldier Field with relative ease. But for a late game Hester return TD, that game was a blowout (by NFL standards). Seattle's punter had a good game today, I doubt he kicks to Hester at all next week. As long as Seattle doesn't give up any special teams TD's, they'll make a game of it at least.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

This is the playoffs!!! Bears are rested!!!! They won't underestimate them. Having lost to them is better now that we play them in the playoffs. That game was before the Bears figured out stuff anyway.

The Seahawks were the first 7-9 team to win the division. They were the first below .500 team to win a playoff team. You think they're gonna be the 2nd team to do it too? No. It doesn't work that way. This win was the Seahawks Super Bowl. They're happy and content. Like I said, they did it at home. No way they beat the Bears on the road. No way. I've been confident before and been wrong. But never more confident in the Bears winning this game. It's a lock.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:28 pm 

he's posting this here because the stripper he told this to a little earlier didn't convince him he was right.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

W_Z wrote:
he's posting this here because the stripper he told this to a little earlier didn't convince him he was right.

No. She had no response to it. All she said, in her Polish accent, was "Dats Nice. You want to dance. VIP special tonight." To which I said, "only if Green Bay covers". She didn't understand but she got her dance.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:16 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
Surprised the Bears are favored at all, let alone by that much. At this point, I'd take Hasselbeck's post-season experience over the unknown that is Cutler in the post-season. And Green Bay's defense in that last game provided a blueprint on how to shut down the Bears offense--take away everything deep and wait for Cutler to get antsy and throw a pick.

Cool. How much do you want to bet me on the Seahawks even money, straight up?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:19 pm 

If anyone was ever tempted to think that NearWessSide was not an idiot, he just gave concrete evidence he is a complete idiot.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:29 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
I don't think he's an idiot. He's just the opposite side of the coin from the people that think Jay Cutler shits rainbows and pisses ginger beer.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:33 pm 

Irish Boy wrote:
I don't think he's an idiot.

Go back and read more of his posts, I am sure you will change your mind.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.