It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: If Bears Win On Sunday
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:40 am 

Would you rather play the Falcons in Atlanta or the Packers in Chicago? I think this is a toss up. They are probably a three point dog to the Falcons and I would bet a pickem against the Packers. Essentially the same odds.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I think it really is a toss up. Bears could win or lose to either team and by a little or a lot. Just depends what Bears team shows up.

I think they are going to the Superbowl again.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:43 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
BEARS!!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:44 am 

I always take a home game.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I would rather take my chances with ATL. I dont want to deal with GB again, even if it is at home.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I know home games are always considered more desireable, but I would like to see them play in ATL. If nothing more than to avoid the shitty grass at Solider Field. I think they are a much better team when they can move at top speed without having to worry about sliding all over the place...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:49 am 

I remember reading in the past couple of days that the home teams in the bye week are only winning at about a 40% rate and that home field advantage is only about 50% over the past five years.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Even though FOX Sports would go head over heels in their Los Angeles offices and studios for a Bears/Packers' NFC Championship Game at Soldier Field, I actually wouldn't mind a Bears/Falcons' NFC Championship game down in Atlanta either. As dominating as Matt Ryan and Atlanta have been at home since he was drafted #3 overall 3 seasons ago, I don't think the Bears have forgotten their last 2 visits to the Georgia Dome. Those were games that got away!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: ------
I don't care if this is a meatball thought but beating the Packers to get to the Super Bowl would be epic. This would be the absolute best case scenario so I would rather have that matchup just for the chance of making that a reality.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Phil McCracken wrote:
I don't care if this is a meatball thought but beating the Packers to get to the Super Bowl would be epic. This would be the absolute best case scenario so I would rather have that matchup just for the chance of making that a reality.

This is why I dont want it. The city will turn into a gigantic meatball for a week. And losing to GB would make it even worse.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:00 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Phil McCracken wrote:

This is why I dont want it. The city will turn into a gigantic meatball for a week. And losing to GB would make it even worse.

Have faith. And don't listen to sports radio at all that week.

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

If the Bears get to the Superbowl, I don't care who they have to play or where they have to play them.

I think the match up better against Atlanta.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I agee that having the NFC championship game at home is better than going to Atlanta.

But it would turn the city into meatball central.

I'll live with it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
It would be a huge advantage to the Bears because, as everyone knows, Lovie's first priority is to beat the Packers, not the Falcons.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:12 pm 

As Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson used to say when he was in the WWE, "JUST BRING IT!!!" If the Bears host the Packers next Sunday at Soldier Field or if they've got to face the Falcons in Atlanta in the NFC Championship, so be it! They better beat the Seahawks Sunday!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'd rather have the Packers at home. It would be a slightly better chance for the Bears. I agree Dolphin. That game would be a pick em. Maybe even Packers favored by a point. Cuz if they're 2 point dogs in Atlanta, a better team, they might be favored here. I actually think the Bears would be 4 or 5 point dogs in Atlanta.

Plus the buzz for that game would be pretty cool. The game it self might live up to the hype as well. I think we'd all like to see Bears/Packers in the NFC title game at Soldier Field. It's never happened and it might be a long time before it happens again.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:17 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
I agee that having the NFC championship game at home is better than going to Atlanta.

But it would turn the city into meatball central.

I'll live with it.

There is nothing wrong with embracing your inner meatball on occasion. Dick Butka would have beat de Packers single handedly!

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:18 pm 

Beardown wrote:
I'd rather have the Packers at home. It would be a slightly better chance for the Bears. I agree Dolphin. That game would be a pick em. Maybe even Packers favored by a point. Cuz if they're 2 point dogs in Atlanta, a better team, they might be favored here. I actually think the Bears would be 4 or 5 point dogs in Atlanta.

Plus the buzz for that game would be pretty cool. The game it self might live up to the hype as well. I think we'd all like to see Bears/Packers in the NFC title game at Soldier Field. It's never happened and it might be a long time before it happens again.

Beardown, Chet Coppock was on FOX32 News last night with Lou Canellis doing a mini version of "Rant & Rave". According to what oddsmaker Chuck Esposito from Caesars Palace in Las Vegas told Chet, the Packers would be 1 point favorites should they beat the Falcons in Atlanta and the Bears beat the Seahawks Sunday.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:31 pm 

I have visions of too many big home games against the Pack that ended in blowouts.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:33 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
I have visions of too many big home games against the Pack that ended in blowouts.

Favre is dead. Lovie owns the Packers.

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

No. All of those "big games" you're thinking of were in the 90s when they weren't big games for us. We sucked. Lovie has done well against them. We killed them in the 80s when they sucked so those weren't big games. In the 70s we both sucked. :lol: I don't think you were around in the 60s so I've covered your Bears/Packers life, Good Dolphin.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Bears had a better road record than home record this season, but I still prefer a matchup against the Packers. The Georgia Dome is creepy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I really don't think it matters...whatever team represents the NFC is going to get smoked by the Pats.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:48 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
I really don't think it matters...whatever team represents the NFC is going to get smoked by the Pats.
This is the most unstoppable Patriots team since the last unstoppable Patriots team who didn't even win the Super Bowl.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

True. Patriots would be 10 point favorites over the Bears at least. I think there is a chance that the Ravens could beat the Pats in the AFC title game. Bears could beat the Ravens in the Super Bowl. That's the matchup I'm hoping for.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
I prefer the home game regardless of who the opponent is.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:01 pm 

If the Falcons beat the Packers that would make them winners in 21 of their last 23 home games. The 2 losses came against the New Orleans Saints who also play in a dome. Go sell crazy somewhere else and bring on the Fudge Packers.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:12 pm 

Beardown wrote:

True. Patriots would be 10 point favorites over the Bears at least. I think there is a chance that the Ravens could beat the Pats in the AFC title game. Bears could beat the Ravens in the Super Bowl. That's the matchup I'm hoping for.

Bears v. Steelers would be my dream matchup

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

The same thing was probably said a few years ago, and the Giants won.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:40 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Bears v. Steelers would be my dream matchup

I wouldn't mind a rematch with the Jets one bit

Chus wrote: