It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
RFDC wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
To you it looks like he became smart and is a good coach then there is no proof that happened either.

The reported meeting he had with Martz to adapt the offense to more running and less 7 step drops is a clear mark of this happening.

Took way too long, what most could see, who knows if that was his decision.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:32 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Maybe Elephants should pause to remember most of the post 1950 Bear history....and that Lovie has been about as successful as any Bear coach during that period ;)

Set the bar a little lower why don't you?

He's probably a little over .500 but I don't think they win because of him.

OK little sweetheart.......tell us about the greatest Bear coatch of all tiime, and the coach they won because of.... ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:35 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
To you it looks like he became smart and is a good coach then there is no proof that happened either.

The reported meeting he had with Martz to adapt the offense to more running and less 7 step drops is a clear mark of this happening.

Now wait, really? :!: :mrgreen: Come on, you hire a brand new offensive coordinator, and in week SEVEN, when the team has a winning record, you tell him to rewrite his playbook. And that's waiting too long?? When should he have done it, when they were 3-0? :? 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:37 pm 

I'll give the Bears credit for taking what should have been a 7-9 team this far, but this team still needs a lot of work in the offseason. If Lovie gets credit for the success of how the team finished the season, he also gets the blame for the mess at the start of the season as well. It should not have taken until the bye week for Lovie and crew to figure out what was obviously wrong with the team when it was apparent after the Week 1 game vs. Detroit that the team needed help.

"Why do so many people need help? Life's not that complicated. You get up, go to work, eat three meals, take one good s***, and go back to bed. What's the f***ing mystery?" - George Carlin - Complaints & Grievances

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:37 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

:lol: You cannot be satisfied.

So a coach who knew his ass was on the line this year if things did not get turned around, just decided to pull back and let other guys run the ship? Give me a break. That is not how things work for a head coach at any level, much less in the NFL.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:39 pm 

muswp1 wrote:
I'll give the Bears credit for taking what should have been a 7-9 team this far, but this team still needs a lot of work in the offseason. If Lovie gets credit for the success of how the team finished the season, he also gets the blame for the mess at the start of the season as well. It should not have taken until the bye week for Lovie and crew to figure out what was obviously wrong with the team when it was apparent after the Week 1 game vs. Detroit that the team needed help.

They posted 450+ yards in that game!!! Dude!! :drunken:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:42 pm 

24_Guy wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Now wait, really? :!: :mrgreen: Come on, you hire a brand new offensive coordinator, and in week SEVEN, when the team has a winning record, you tell him to rewrite his playbook. And that's waiting too long?? When should he have done it, when they were 3-0? :? 8)

How about right after the game they should have lost to Detroit. Just because they beat a bad Dallas team, got lucky against Green Bay, got destroyed by the Giants (and just about got two QB's killed in the process), beat a horrible Carolina team, and lost two games that they should have won against Washington and Seattle makes that winning record after 7 games look a lot different.

"Why do so many people need help? Life's not that complicated. You get up, go to work, eat three meals, take one good s***, and go back to bed. What's the f***ing mystery?" - George Carlin - Complaints & Grievances

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:45 pm 

Quote:
I don't expect Lovie to help in the manner on the offensive side. Not sure what Olsen's ceiling is anyway, he was (allegedly) shopped around last summer and (allegedly) nobody wanted him. Hester shouldn't be a WR, Knox is a little guy drafted in the 5th round from a small school, Forte is pretty good both running and receiving

That is crazy and part of the problem. No Hester probably shouldn't be a WR. :idea: Why is he and why did they feature him so long?
Harris should have been let go 2 years ago definitely 1.

Tillman should have been on Smith in 05 playoffs, Adam Archuleta was bad, probably should have kept Harris, I don't think he knows how to defend slants, getting rid of Alex Brown still makes little sense, defense not great when he is running it...

You guys are making me think negative thoughts. Now I'm worrying about Sunday and I had a full meatball going.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:45 pm 

muswp1 wrote:
How about right after the game they should have lost to Detroit. Just because they beat a bad Dallas team, got lucky against Green Bay, got destroyed by the Giants (and just about got two QB's killed in the process), beat a horrible Carolina team, and lost two games that they should have won against Washington and Seattle makes that winning record after 7 games look a lot different.

Well, I'm glad Lovie wasn't fooled then by that winning record, and made changes. I've never, ever heard of a head coach telling a coordinator to change his philosophy any earlier than week 7 of his first season. Offhand I don't recall it happening anytime in year 1 of a new coordinator. Maybe Singletary when he tossed Martz? How'd that work out?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:48 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
I had a full meatball going.

Sure could not tell it by your posts here.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:51 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Quote:
I don't expect Lovie to help in the manner on the offensive side. Not sure what Olsen's ceiling is anyway, he was (allegedly) shopped around last summer and (allegedly) nobody wanted him. Hester shouldn't be a WR, Knox is a little guy drafted in the 5th round from a small school, Forte is pretty good both running and receiving

That is crazy and part of the problem. No Hester probably shouldn't be a WR. :idea: Why is he and why did they feature him so long?
Harris should have been let go 2 years ago definitely 1.

Tillman should have been on Smith in 05 playoffs, Adam Archuleta was bad, probably should have kept Harris, I don't think he knows how to defend slants, getting rid of Alex Brown still makes little sense, defense not great when he is running it...

You guys are making me think negative thoughts. Now I'm worrying about Sunday and I had a full meatball going.

I don't know about Hester... isn't that more of an Angelo decision, because he didn't want to pay big money on a KR's contract? Guess we don't know for sure, but, to me I kinda doubt Lovie is in love with Hester as a WR. But obviously I don't know.

Yeah you are pointing out valid criticisms about Lovie in the past. But I think it is possible he has learned from some of those mistakes. I'm not saying all 7 years have been a picnic.

OK you can be a meatball again now if you want :drunken: You're right, we need to be putting out positive vibes for Sunday.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:56 pm 

24_Guy wrote:

Be like lovie break it down by quarters...after cutler got sacked 9 time in a half in the Giants game...I'm thinking yeah that would be change I could believe in.

RR I'm going to kick your ass. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:06 pm 

24_Guy wrote:
Yeah you are pointing out valid criticisms about Lovie in the past. But I think it is possible he has learned from some of those mistakes. I'm not saying all 7 years have been a picnic.

Possible yes likely no at the very least I'm not ready to crown his ass.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:20 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Strange things apparently happen to people when they go to Purdue. Boilermaker Rick and Spaulding have two of the more "interesting" takes on Bears football one is likely to encounter outside of the Elgin Mental Health Center.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:49 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
I won't be disappointed because I expected nothing this year. No, really, zero wins. :) But that being said, they're coming together at the right time. I can only hope they're together for two more games. The last time we were here, the team started to unravel during the New Orleans game and showed up flat for the SB.

From that perspective, I hope Green Bay won't be treated like a Super Bowl unto itself. Otherwise, there might be a letdown.

Other side of the ball, I'm rooting for the Jets. Anyone who knocks out Indy and Patriots can't be all bad, and I see no special reason why Steelers will be any different. On the other hand, they're very beatable.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:54 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Green Bay and Pittsburgh would be a phenomenal Super Bowl to watch. However I wish no ill-will to Bears fans.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:32 pm 

I am in agreement with Spaulding regarding Lovie's job throughout his tenure in Chicago. Taking everything into consideration, I don't think there is anything special about him as a coach. Bad sometime, good sometimes but mostly just a guy who will keep you between 7-9 and 9-7. He is being paid like an elite coach.

I don't think you can argue with the results of this year.

I

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:49 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Strange things apparently happen to people when they go to Purdue. Boilermaker Rick and Spaulding have two of the more "interesting" takes on Bears football one is likely to encounter outside of the Elgin Mental Health Center.

You think Lovie is a good coach and we should keep him long term? Why?

I agree Rick is a loon. :P

good dolphin wrote:
I am in agreement with Spaulding regarding Lovie's job throughout his tenure in Chicago. Taking everything into consideration, I don't think there is anything special about him as a coach. Bad sometime, good sometimes but mostly just a guy who will keep you between 7-9 and 9-7. He is being paid like an elite coach.

I don't think you can argue with the results of this year.

We agree a lot. I'm excited and disturbed by that.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

You think Lovie is a good coach and we should keep him long term? Why?

No, I think he did a good job this year in getting the most out of a team that has a crisis of talent at many positions, especially on offense.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:42 pm 

See Spaulding the difference is guys like good dolphin and TM while they have issues with Lovie overall can put that aside and admit that he has done a good job this year. You cannot seem to do that.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:14 pm 

He sure as shit did not do a good job today...or many other weeks. They all had a chance and kind of almost pulled through but not so lucky.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:25 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
RR I'm going to kick your ass. :lol:

Bring your "A" game little one ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:32 am 
1000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:
He sure as shit did not do a good job today...or many other weeks. They all had a chance and kind of almost pulled through but not so lucky.

So you are saying the Bears are a transcendently talented team that has been undermined by Lovie's poor coaching? Umm, OK.

I agree that the offensive game plan sucked today--you gotta move the pocket for Cutler--and that the defense looked flat in the first half. If I were Lovie, I would seriously consider dumping Martz and installing Tice as the offensive coordinator.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
still sad :(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
RFDC wrote:
See Spaulding the difference is guys like good dolphin and TM while they have issues with Lovie overall can put that aside and admit that he has done a good job this year. You cannot seem to do that.

My problem is more with Jerry Angelo. I have been a supporter of Lovie's BUT I think it's time for both to move on. NO WAY would I offer extensions to either of them. Bill Cowher is waiting.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:45 am 
1000 CLUB

jimmypasta wrote:
RFDC wrote:

My problem is more with Jerry Angelo. I have been a supporter of Lovie's BUT I think it's time for both to move on. NO WAY would I offer extensions to either of them. Bill Cowher is waiting.

Yeah, when the GM describes the team as suffering from a lack of talent multiple times over the course of a week, it's time for him to go.

I think Lovie did a good job this year, but he has been inconsistent over his tenure and the defensive scheme in which he excels is obsolete. It's time to part ways with him as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:17 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
As good as Lovie was for most of the season, he was that bad yesterday. I really changed my stance on Lovie during the year, but yesterday was a prime example of why I don't think they will ever win a SB with him without some major luck in the SB if they get there again.

The offensive game plan was terrible yesterday, the clock management was awful, and he passed up a 48 yard FG attempt to net an 11 yard punt and watch the Packers kneel down.

As bad as Cutler was yesterday, this team has a bunch of #3 and #4 WR's out there and that needs to be addressed. It was a piece meal Oline this year that all things considered made huge improvements in the final 2/3 of the season. Yes, the QB needs to be better in big games like this but that is asking Jay to play almost 100% perfect given the WRs he is throwing to.

Angelo and Lovie have put so much money and resources into the defense that this offense has suffered drastically. The D got torhced in the first half, and only ended up giving up a measly FOURTEEN points to one of the best offenses in the NFL-- and certainly the hottest QB left in the playoffs.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
I'm actually okay with no kicking the field goal there. That said, Lovie was clearly out coached yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:43 am 

Spaulding wrote:

Yep.

As I said before, he is being paid like an elite coach. Further, he will be in year 8 next year. Do you know how many coaches are on the same job for 9+ seasons? It's a rarity. So Lovie is being paid and treated like an elite coach, which he simply is not.

I would not extend him. He can come back next year because of the labor struggles. If he is great, well let him walk because he costs too much. If he regresses again, move on.

I see this season as the Titanic bouncing up one last time before it sinks to the bottom. There is no way the Bears catch the Packers next year barring a catastrophe.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I wasn't sad until I listened to postgame callers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next