It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:22 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
#1 - acquire a "get-me-the-fucking-ball" wideout. i have no idea as to WR depth in the draft, but ideally you want someone 6'3" or bigger... bears are ~25ish for the draft? take a chance a la hakeem nicks or something. find something. because if you wanna spend money without mortgaging the draft picks you're gonna wanna..

#2 - sign nnamdi asomugha. you hear that sound outside? that's me beating the drums for the bears to sign this guy. i had someone compare it to adam archuleta, and asomugha is ~29-30 now and archuleta was ~30 when they came here, but like, you roll the dice and go for it. just imagine if peanut was a #2... tim jennings needs to be done as a bears starting CB because the packers actively found him, and if you get a "fuck your #1 WR. troll harder" CB who's in/around his prime right now, that works with the window for your LB corps and peppers and this defense.

#3 - o-line/d-line depth/youth. this is where you can focus in rounds 2/3-7, because if this team has to start rebuilding in a few years after the urlacher/briggs/peppers era ends, i'd prefer to give my thoroughbred quarterback a line that can protect him to be feast or famine with us... because with a quarterback you've always got a shot.

#4 - get rid of jerry angelo/tim ruskell, or at least for drafting rounds 1-2. jerry is fine finding "steals" in rounds 3+, but we need to make sure our top 1-2 draft picks deliver. no michael haynes. no chris williams. get the job done.

today taught us that the bears do have a backup quarterback and they've got a defense that is up to the challenge. OB and Doug went off on the defense for the early game defensive issues, but for a team starting TIM MOTHERFUCKING JENNINGS to give up 14 points to THE VAUNTED 81 CHARGERS, erm, 07 patriots, erm, 98 vikings, erm, 2010 GREEN BAY PACKERS OFFENSE was enough to win the game. caleb hanie showed that he has heart and grit and determination, but he also showed that he's caleb hanie. that ~80 second hurryup-offense TD drive will be his career highlight. you've got your backup.

now go forth and re-load and get some line depth around the edges and let's do this. i'm not mad in the least because my team didn't go out like bitches... right when it was about to up 14-0 i conceded defeat to my packers friends, spaulding gave me shit in the chat, but like, this team impressed the hell out of me today and i can say right now i'm proud to be a bears fan. bear down.

as for the packers? have fun with the steelers... holy shit!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Pay the magical blacksmith to keep producing top of the line horseshoes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
:D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:50 pm 

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:

Don't you have some fantasy golf recommendations to make? You're wasting your considerable talents here.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Clean house.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Sign Lovie to a 5 year extension.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
johnnyfontane wrote:

Johnny, we are looking for astute offseason moves, not likely outcomes from a pathetically run franchise. Let's not operate in the real world here.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
TRADE.

GAY.

CUNTLER.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:01 pm 

Mr. Reason wrote:
johnnyfontane wrote:

Johnny, we are looking for astute offseason moves, not likely outcomes from a pathetically run franchise. Let's not operate in the real world here.

My mistake.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:09 pm 

johnnyfontane wrote:

Obviously that'd be retarded, but I'm not about to put up a billboard to fire him now with 1yr left. I haven't heard who called that crucial timeout b4 the dumbass Bennett end-around (the one where it looked like forte was about to walk into a first down), but all things considered I think Lovie did a pretty fair job getting this ragtag bunch to the NFC championship game. I was amazed that until ~37 seconds were left we were approximately ~30 yards away from tying this game. That says something to a football genius like me

The players like Lovie, and evidently his halftime adjustments/pep-talk worked as the defense played some spirited ball in the second half, and furthermore I'd love to see what his defense could do with a secondary and a somewhat better d-line.

On the other hand, I would like Angelo/Ruskell and Martz to go. The rest of them I don't have really strong opinions on, as I don't think they're the glaring problem. * shrug *

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:11 pm 

In all seriousness, talent acquisition is their biggest problem. Not having a #1 wideout hurt them bigtime this year. Lovie is a decent enough coach, but will never be a great one.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I wouldn't give him an extension. He has one year left so make him earn a new contract. If he gets them back to the playoffs or is deemed to have had a successful season then reward him. He will have more leverage that way, but so be it. If they regress next year and change is needed then part ways peacefully as his contract expires.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
sinicalypse wrote:
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:

Don't you have some fantasy golf recommendations to make? You're wasting your considerable talents here.

Oh be quiet, nutjob.

EDIT: Also, thanks for reading. :thumright:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I agree on dumping Tim Jennings, that's who Rodgers went after most of the game. Hopefully, Todd Collins saves time and announces his retirement tommorow, I know Hanie played decent, but may want to get another decent backup quarterback.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:46 pm 

I think the jury is still out on Hanie, he hasn't been out on the field enough to make a judgement on him but he looks like a decent 2nd string QB.

The Bears need at least two, maybe three new offensive linemen (say goodbye to Garza, Omiyale, and maybe Williams) , one or two new cornerbacks, two new defensive linemen (Adams and Harris need to leave), and a new backup/pratice squad QB.

"Why do so many people need help? Life's not that complicated. You get up, go to work, eat three meals, take one good s***, and go back to bed. What's the f***ing mystery?" - George Carlin - Complaints & Grievances

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:54 pm 

As Seacrest stated in another thread, Hanie was the third string QB which meant he didn't get reps in the weekly gameplans, he ran the scout team. Hanie's pocket presence looked like a third string QB, however, he showed me that he wasn't going to crap down his leg like Toddathon Colinquinns did and pull a Bosh and be like "c'mon guys, I have a family to worry about here"... I mean, the kid gave his all in a shitty situation and with a few different playcalls and a timeout here or there maybe we're talking about a victory or at least a thirlling overtime loss.

He seems mobile enough and decent enough to back up Cutler, and I think he proved today that if he's not going to shit himself in the damned NFC championship game you could do much much worse than him. I'm quite OK with him.

Now go get some fucking wide receivers and Nnamdi Asomugha please. Johnny Knox insulted my football sensibilities when he didn't effort defending the ball on the INT, and moreover he stood there and pouted as the guy got up and ran the ball back ~10 yards. That's some bitch shit right there. Get me a motherfucker who'd punch his own grandma in the face to make a play.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

Dump:

Frank Ohmyfuckinggod
Brandon Windmilleuna
Todd Collins
Kevin Shaffer
Chris Williams
Roberto Garza
Tim Jennings
Desmond Clark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:21 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
The Bears offseason priorities are the same priorities that we all knew going into the 2011 NFL season 6 Months ago:
1. Head coach
2. Offensive Line
3. Wide Receiver
4. Defensive Tackle
5. Blocking TE

The Bears WR's looked like Boys playing a Mans game against the Packers defensive backs. Johnny Knox & Devin Hester were completely owned today. How any NFL coaching staff could think that this group of WR's is good enough is beyond me. Earl Bennett is the best of the bunch, which isn't saying much. Rasheed Davis shouldn't even be on the team...or in the league.

I'm a fan of Jay Cutler & I loved the acquisition...but his play today was horrendous. He has no pocket presence or awareness. He desperately needs someone to help him improve his mechanics, but I'm not sure he is willing to accept the help & to make the effort to improve. As far as his injury, Jay is getting torched by tweets from Sanders, Irvin, MJD, schlereth, & many other current & ex NFL players. If he doesn't have a serious knee injury, he is going to get the same treatment that Ced Benson got after he left the 2006 Super Bowl with an injury...which was never announced.

So...a question to Bears fans...would you rather keep Lovie, or pay him his $5 Million for next year & hire Bill Cowher?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I know it's a couple of months past, and who knows how it would have worked, but should the Bears have gotten Randy Moss when he was released from the Vikings, I think the Bears were before the Titans.