It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:08 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Yes I am awake at 3:00 am...

After reading the National papers and ESPN, I have never seen such vitriol towards an athlete like this. Hell I even think Rapesberger got off easier than this.

Wilbon is saying Cutler is not worthy of the Bears, present and former players are ripping Jay to shreds calling him soft and gutless. Even the Tribune is questioning his heart and injury.

Should the Bears look to trade Cutler? For who? What would they need to give up?

I say Jay needs to work on his mechanics and pocket presence, but dumping him would be stupid. He is the best QB they have had in decades and Hanie is just not the answer.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:12 am 
1000 CLUB

Sorry for the double post.....tired

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I think the Bears would be crazy to get rid of Cutler, no it doesn't look good when you are seen standing up, walking around and just sitting on the bench and people's thinking is the only way you leave the NFC title game is on a stretcher.

I think most of it is that Cutler may not be that popular around the league, so other players and t.v. personalties are getting their shots in.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Would you trade Cutler right now for Carson Palmer and two second round draft picks?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
jimmypasta wrote:
Would you trade Cutler right now for Carson Palmer and two second round draft picks?

Not a chance. They're the same player and Carson is older.

Plus Jerry would mess up the draft picks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:11 am 
1000 CLUB

He'd package the second rounders for a whole bunch of sixth-and-seventh rounders.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Ban me
Cutler has taken a pounding all year as QB and gotten up. He rarely slides (except in the NFC Championship game (to take the Bears out of FG range). No one can really question his toughness. That being said I think you can question his leadership and his heart. I don't know of any other elite QB that wouldn't have taken a shot or a pill or even put of a brace to finish that game. Even on the sidelines it didn't appear that he was involved. Hanie came over with the pictures and Cutler looked like he didn't give a fuck. He quit on his team in many ways. Cutler at 25% is a better option than Collins. There were 2 drives with great field position that was wasted because of him. That could have really made a difference in the game.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I think its the end of his shitty attitude.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:14 pm 

Cutler just doesn't give a shit about his public image. A lot of qbs (Favre comes to mind, first) would have made a big show about the whole thing - exaggerated hobbling and limping, wincing and grimacing with every step, maybe an animated exchange with the trainers on the sideline so that everybody could see he was fighting with them to get back in the game.

I enjoy the fact that he doesn't give a shit what people think, but it causes him a lot of trouble.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

HOVA wrote:
Cutler has taken a pounding all year as QB and gotten up. He rarely slides (except in the NFC Championship game (to take the Bears out of FG range). No one can really question his toughness. That being said I think you can question his leadership and his heart. I don't know of any other elite QB that wouldn't have taken a shot or a pill or even put of a brace to finish that game. Even on the sidelines it didn't appear that he was involved. Hanie came over with the pictures and Cutler looked like he didn't give a fuck. He quit on his team in many ways. Cutler at 25% is a better option than Collins. There were 2 drives with great field position that was wasted because of him. That could have really made a difference in the game.

Cutler is not the leader of this team and will not be until Olin Kreutz hangs it up or retires. Jay is the QB and calls the plays, but I don't believe he wants to be the leader. Also, I really think FOX Sports loves to pound the story of Cutler and his persona of not caring. After the game Caleb Hanie talked at length about how Jay kept talking to him sideline about blitzes and keeping his composure. Also, I might be a little pouty too if I played like crap and then couldn't redeem myself and just watched the ship sink in front of me.
I also think if Cutler went out there with a brace, the Packers would have been hunting for that injured leg. I would rather have Cutler next year then go through a year with a crappy QB.
Aaron Rodgers failed several years ago but has made up for it now. I believe Jay can right the ship and repay Bears fans in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: nowhere
Its dumb to even think he shouldn't be the QB here.

I hope he takes all this drama as motivation to get better. He needs to stand up and take control of this team. Urlacher and Olin are the leaders on this team. No ands, ifs or buts about it. Id like to see Jay take it. Rip your receivers for gator arming and running bad routes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mr. Hernandez wrote:
Its dumb to even think he shouldn't be the QB here.

I hope he takes all this drama as motivation to get better. He needs to stand up and take control of this team. Urlacher and Olin are the leaders on this team. No ands, ifs or buts about it. Id like to see Jay take it. Rip your receivers for gator arming and running bad routes.

God, if Cutler were seen yelling at Knox for being a chicken-shit he would be cast as the biggest jerk of all time. People like Jimmy Johnson would rip him for blaming others and calling them out.
Jay will never be allowed to be himself without scrutiny in this town unless he wins it all.
Does Phillip Rivers get bashed this much? He sure the hell should.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Not by a longshot. I think it would behoove the Bears if they substantially improved the offensive line, the receiving corps, and get a real QB coach who can work on his mechanics. Former NFL QB Mark Malone, now with Westwood One, was a guest on Laurence Holmes' SCORE nighttime show a couple weeks ago, and the former Steeler really gave LoHo an earful about Cutler's arm strength and lack of mechanics. Ideally, I'd like Cutler to work on his people skills and stop being a dick to certain members of the media. In plain English, I'd like Cutler to grow up and mature...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:02 pm 

As long as he is a good teammate, I don't really care if he is a dick to the media, especially to former players. In fact, I like it.

Then again, I liked it when Clubber told Apollo to stop messin in his corner when Apollo was in the ring glad-handing and yukking it up before the first fight in Rocky III.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I didn't want to start another Cutler post,so here is my question:
I beleive he was injured,but did the Bears consider lining him in the
shotgun when he made his attempt in the 3rd quarter to lessen
the strain of dropping back?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:29 am 
1000 CLUB

(I'll bump this again for ego's sake)

I was watching "Year of the Quarterback" last night on NFL Network and Jay Cutler was shown numerous times in segments regarding "toughness". There were also several segments that were shocking with regards to Cutler.

There was one scene of him rallying the troops and talking to his O-Lineman and receivers. He was saying things like, "that was on me" and calling out other players to "do what they do". He was also cracking jokes with his O-lineman about creating a dance and who would be a choreographer. In otherwords, he's just like every other QB in the league. He plays cheerleader when needed, he owns up to bad plays that were his fault, and tries to motivate the team.

I truly believe all the shots on TV are purposely done to make Cutler out to be a drama queen at his expense. It would be intersting if B & B talked to someone at FOX Sports and brought this up.