It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Next Year
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:35 am 

A full strenght Pack, a resurgent Lions and a Viking coach who recognizes the abilities of Adrian Peterson do not bode well for the beloved.

The only areas that do not need an upgrade are QB, RB, TE, and S. LB is solid but it needs an infusion of youth. They desperately need help at DT, OT, CB. They need one big WR and I would prefer it to be a veteran who will teach some of these guys how to play the position.

Packers 14-2
Lions 8-8
Bears 7-9
Vikings 7-9

Post subject: Re: Next Year
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Ridiculously premature for 2011 record predictions

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
The Vikings are going to be shit next year. I think a ton of there talent will be on the free agent market. There is a lot of Vince Young talk going on up there though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
There won't be a next year...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:53 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
The Bears have major problems on the horizon. All of their difference makers are all on the wrong side of 30 and are sure to see erosion of skills over the next 2-3 years as their careers end. They have no young difference-makers except Cutler who is realtively young for a QB. Their developing talent pool on both sides of the ball is empty.

They'll need a good 2-3 years to develop a new offensive line via the draft rather than pulling bums off the scrap heap, same for the WRs.

I'd say the Bears are probably 4 years away from being this competitive again when Cutler would be 31 or so if he's still here.

Lovie has shown some ability to take guys that are average at best and get some use out of them but he can't just create a superstar out of thin air.

Kudos to Brian Urlacher for yesterday's game. I hope he has a season or two like that in the tank still.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:54 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Kudos to Brian Urlacher for yesterday's game. I hope he has a season or two like that in the tank still.

Yes sir. He played like a man possessed yesterday. He did everything he could to help his team win that game.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:56 am 

The Bears have major problems on the horizon. All of their difference makers are all on the wrong side of 30 and are sure to see erosion of skills over the next 2-3 years as their careers end. They have no young difference-makers except Cutler who is realtively young for a QB. Their developing talent pool on both sides of the ball is empty.

They'll need a good 2-3 years to develop a new offensive line via the draft rather than pulling bums off the scrap heap, same for the WRs.

I'd say the Bears are probably 4 years away from being this competitive again when Cutler would be 31 or so if he's still here.

Lovie has shown some ability to take guys that are average at best and get some use out of them but he can't just create a superstar out of thin air.

I think this season has showed that Lovie's defensive success is all about Urlacher. It will remain competitive as long as he is plays well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:58 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Yes sir. He played like a man possessed yesterday. He did everything he could to help his team win that game.

He personally kept 6-10 points off the board yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:03 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
He personally kept 6-10 points off the board yesterday.

He sure did. He let Rodgers tackle him :P

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I know this may be crazy, but I wonder if all the people ripping Cutler may help the Bears, because if I am Cutler I remember everything go to all my teammates and say guys it's us against the world and let's do something here.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
reents wrote:
I know this may be crazy, but I wonder if all the people ripping Cutler may help the Bears, because if I am Cutler I remember everything go to all my teammates and say guys it's us against the world and let's do something here.

BULLETIN BOARD MATERIAL!!

"We're gonna need a bigger bulletin board!"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:13 pm 

does lovie's horseshoe return for next season?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park

You gotta trust Jerry & Lovie to evaluate talent & draft well. :shock: :P :roll:

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Cimino's--Meat Lovers Hurricane
reents wrote:

I wonder if Cutler uses this experience to motivate himi to do all of the little things that people say he doesn't do or does he say F it and continues to do it the same way. He was really bad in the game yesterday but he did tough it out when he had a tear in his ligament. I wish he would have had the opportunity that Hanie had to run the two minute offense. They never put him in shotgun to give him extra time and when Hanie comes in thats all they did was gun. So much of football in the quarterback position has to do with system and talent surrounding. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning would make the Bears better, but would they have the same careers if they had started here? I somehow doubt it. I also really like what Green Bay seems to be able to do offensively, I wonder how Cutler fares if he and Rodgers switched teams. Its all these little items that we'll never know.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:06 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Next year,the Bears need more guys that look like this: