It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Taylor was another waste of money, along with the 400 pound TE.

Moon also claims that the Bears have interest in Plaxeco, Roy Williams, & Braylon Edwards, & also that there is a chance that the entire OL is replaced with 5 different guys next season. Interesting article.

http://www.csnchicago.com/01/31/11/First-Look-2011-Chicago-Bears-offense/landing_insider_john_moon_mullin.html?blockID=401368&feedID=626

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Cutting Taylor makes no sense. Why would you want to eat that money?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:49 am 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
Cutting Taylor makes no sense. Why would you want to eat that money?

Why in the world did the Bears sign Taylor to a 4 year contract? He is a career backup...a journeyman player.
Taylor has already been paid $7 million of the four-year, $12.5 million contract he signed. He is due to make $1.275 million in 2011.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:55 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
A big reason why Forte was so fresh and still very good at the end of the year is because Taylor got carries every game.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:04 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
A big reason why Forte was so fresh and still very good at the end of the year is because Taylor got carries every game.

Disagree. Forte was hurt last year.

5 new lineman?

Thats ridiculous

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:07 pm 

There are about 7 positions that should be addressed before back-up RB is even discussed. Taylor is an ok back-up. Even if he sucks, there are enough other problems that should keep them busy. I hope they aren't really considering this...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:09 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

He averaged 2.4 yds per carry and 7 yds per reception. It shouldn't be very difficult to find someone cheaper who can put up better numbers than that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:11 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
There are about 7 positions that should be addressed before back-up RB is even discussed. Taylor is an ok back-up. Even if he sucks, there are enough other problems that should keep them busy. I hope they aren't really considering this...

Maybe they wanna allocate the money elsewhere

I think they got him as a Forte insurance, unsure of whether Forte would comeback like he did.

If they can save a couple million and add that to a deal for another need, id be ok with it.

Though Id prefer to keep him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Forte had approximately the same number of carries (237 vs. 258) and receptions (51 vs. 57) in 2010 as he did in 2009.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:12 pm 

Garrett Wolfe should be starting. Cut Taylor and Forte.

Go Huskies!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:13 pm 

Weren't some of the idiots on here saying Taylor would take the starting spot from Forte?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:14 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

He averaged 2.4 yds per carry and 7 yds per reception. It shouldn't be very difficult to find someone cheaper who can put up better numbers than that.

But you already paid him 7 mil. Why go pay money for someone else when you only owe him 1 mil for this season? You'd have to pay more for somebody better. Why not spend that money on a LT, C, RG, WR1, WR2, DT, DE, CB, SLB, etc...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:23 pm 

He's due $1.275M. He's old and bad. They can get a younger player for less or equal money who can also contribute on special teams. They have to upgrade the roster and this is clearly a position that needs to be upgraded.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
I think I heard he had the lowest YPC for all RBs over 100 carries. You sunk the cost, no reason to keep him around.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:36 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:
He's due $1.275M. He's old and bad. They can get a younger player for less or equal money who can also contribute on special teams. They have to upgrade the roster and this is clearly a position that needs to be upgraded.

You aren't going to upgrade paying a guy 1.275M. You'd more than likely get the same or worse. Why bother? You don't think Taylor and Forte would be better with a good line in front of them?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:36 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Taylor sucked. I just heard that Garret Wolfes YPC was higher than Taylors. Thats bad...real bad.

Backup RB should never be a priority in the NFL. RB is the easiest position to fill in the NFL. RB's are a dime a dozen. The Bears had at least 5 other positions that should have been addressed before backup RB.

Last edited by Scorehead on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:39 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
I just heard that Garret Wolfes YPC was higher than Taylors.

Garrett Wolfe had 4 carries this season. Your source is an idiot, and dumb.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:43 pm 

The Bears drafted Unga in the supplemental draft and IRd him. I don't know what he will be like as a pro but he was a good college player. He can certainly fill the short yardage role.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:44 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

I believe the comparison was Wolfes career YPC as a Bear compared to Taylors career YPC as a Bear. Either way, they are both bad. There are 100 other guys who can do what Taylor did for the Bears this year.

Last edited by Scorehead on Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:46 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

I believe the comparison was Wolfes career YPC as a Bear compared to Taylors career YPC as a Bears. Either way, they are both bad. There are 100 other guys who can do what Taylor did for the Bears this year.

You can't look at a guy that had 4 carries all of last year to compare him against another back. That isn't a big enough sample size to make any kind of judgement on. Jay Cutler averaged 4.6 YPC last season, should he be the backup RB for this team?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:50 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

You aren't going to upgrade paying a guy 1.275M. You'd more than likely get the same or worse. Why bother? You don't think Taylor and Forte would be better with a good line in front of them?

Why bother? Seriously? They need to upgrade the roster and replacing Chester Taylor will be an easy upgrade. A late round draft pick or even an undrafted free agent can get 2.4 yds per carry and 7 yds per reception. They also get the benefit of using him on special teams which opens up another roster spot.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
And when Forte goes down and the 7th round rookie they drafted to replace Taylor has to make a couple of starts everyone will scream at Angelo for letting go of Taylor. They already paid the money, he isnt making that much and he is a decent back up. No reason to worry about this position. Get a WR or LT.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:48 pm 

Wow, that's a stupid post. So Angelo shouldn't upgrade the roster based on a hypothetical injury and stupid fans reactions to the hypothetical injury? Replacing Taylor with a better, cheaper more versatile player will not prevent them from getting a WR or LT.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
The real story in that article is that the coaching staff may move Webb to left tackle.

Guess the coaches really do hate Cutler.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:00 pm 

Here is my list of players who should be cut by the Bears:

Todd Collins
Tommie Harris
Chester Taylor
Brandon Manamaneueueeuenaueello
Rasheed Davis
Desmond Clark
Frank Omiyale

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:28 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:
Wow, that's a stupid post. So Angelo shouldn't upgrade the roster based on a hypothetical injury and stupid fans reactions to the hypothetical injury? Replacing Taylor with a better, cheaper more versatile player will not prevent them from getting a WR or LT.

Where is your hypothetical better and cheaper player?? This team has so much to worry about and you are worrying about the back up RB, that is football stupid. Lets focus on the back up long snapper while we are at it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:53 pm 

The Packers just won the Super Bowl with a rookie backup 6th round pick starting at RB. Good thing for them their GM isn't short-sighted about upgrading the roster whenever possible.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:54 pm 

:lol: :lol: Yeah the reason they won the SB and won their previous playoff games was clearly the inspired play of Starks. It had nothing to do with a top 5 defense and top 3 QB.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Ban me
Tall Midget wrote:
The real story in that article is that the coaching staff may move Webb to left tackle.

Guess the coaches really do hate Cutler.

Webb probably has the most talent on the O-line and Williams appears to be more comfortable on the right side.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:32 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:
The Packers just won the Super Bowl with a rookie backup 6th round pick starting at RB. Good thing for them their GM isn't short-sighted about upgrading the roster whenever possible.

Starks had 2-3 round talent but his senior season was a wash and scouts are not as forgiving of MAC talent losing time on the field. Still, his 13 carries in the super bowl were not a reason for success.