It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:53 pm 

The Packers just won the Super Bowl with a rookie backup 6th round pick starting at RB. Good thing for them their GM isn't short-sighted about upgrading the roster whenever possible.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
:lol: :lol: Yeah the reason they won the SB and won their previous playoff games was clearly the inspired play of Starks. It had nothing to do with a top 5 defense and top 3 QB.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Ban me
Tall Midget wrote:
The real story in that article is that the coaching staff may move Webb to left tackle.

Guess the coaches really do hate Cutler.

Webb probably has the most talent on the O-line and Williams appears to be more comfortable on the right side.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:32 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:
The Packers just won the Super Bowl with a rookie backup 6th round pick starting at RB. Good thing for them their GM isn't short-sighted about upgrading the roster whenever possible.

Starks had 2-3 round talent but his senior season was a wash and scouts are not as forgiving of MAC talent losing time on the field. Still, his 13 carries in the super bowl were not a reason for success.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:34 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
Here is my list of players who should be cut by the Bears:

Todd Collins
Tommie Harris
Chester Taylor
Brandon Manamaneueueeuenaueello
Rasheed Davis
Desmond Clark
Frank Omiyale

Only reason you would cut Omiyale is you want to hold on to your believe that he is awful. He was surprisingly one of the bright spots this year. Mana isn't going anywhere either. He came here to block and that's what he did. Tommie Harris will only be cut if he refuses to restructure his contract. He showed enough flashes the last 4 or 5 games of the season to stick around. I think Taylor's problem had more to do with carries.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:36 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

Starks had 2-3 round talent but his senior season was a wash and scouts are not as forgiving of MAC talent losing time on the field. Still, his 13 carries in the super bowl were not a reason for success.

It would be foolish to waste a draft pick on a RB when the Bears clearly have more important needs.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:39 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

I was asked to name the hypothetical better and cheaper player and there he was starting for the winning team in the most important game of the year. An excellent example of how winning franchises upgrade their 52 man roster any chance they get even if it's at a position as (supposedly) insignificant as backup RB.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
HOVA wrote:
Only reason you would cut Omiyale is you want to hold on to your believe that he is awful. He was surprisingly one of the bright spots this year. Mana isn't going anywhere either. He came here to block and that's what he did. Tommie Harris will only be cut if he refuses to restructure his contract. He showed enough flashes the last 4 or 5 games of the season to stick around. I think Taylor's problem had more to do with carries.

omiyale improved...but he is still not too good.

Mana cannot pick up a blitz and was terrible in the beginning. A few of the sacks in the last game were right on him. Spent way too much on him and would probably have been fine with clark or davis.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:05 am 

Clark was a good blocker but I he wouldn't stand a chance against most defensive ends. Mana did a good job consistently against them. Like Taylor most of his money was paid upfront so there really isn't a reason to dump him. You probably could plug in a RB but you're not going to find a guy off the scrap heap that can do what Mana does at a cheap rate. While I don't think Omiyale is a stud he isn't a guy I would start the offseason thinking about releasing.

IMO the Bears offense will carry this team next season. The players will be more familiar with the offense and Tice and Martz will do wonders developing guys. Some people overlook the job they did this season making that O-line work. By the end of the season they were clearly above average. Considering where they started that is a miracle. Get Jay something close to a #1 WR and he will be a pro bowl QB next season. What's really sad is GB's 3rd and 4th WR's are clearly better than any WR on the Bears roster. I know they spent a lot to get Cutler and they're paying him a lot to produce but it's time to stop acting like he is Tom Brady. There is only 1 Tom Brady. Every other good QB in the league needs a good/great WR to go to the next level.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:44 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Q.Bovifs wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Here is my list of players who should be cut by the Bears:

Todd Collins
Tommie Harris
Chester Taylor
Brandon Manamaneueueeuenaueello
Rasheed Davis
Desmond Clark
Frank Omiyale

I keep Davis - good to have a utility man.

I keep Taylor. He was never given enough carries to even have a chance behind this line. The last 2-3 games, when the line was practicing some schemes, he did well.

I trade Daniel Manning - I wonder what we could get for him? Nah, probably not much.

How do we replace an entire O-line, though? Every one of them needs to go - including Kreutz, but that will never happen. They can't un-learn being all slow-footed.

Other than that I agree with the list.

Kreutz is a free agent I believe. The Bears wont want to give him more than a 2 year deal, & there is a good chance that there will be 1 or 2 teams who will offer him 2 or 3 years. Sure hes on the downside of his career, but if he leaves, add the center position to the long list of positions that need improvement on the Bears.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:46 am 

What player has Angelo drafted in the last 7 years that's an established starter other than Forte and Olsen?

Awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:16 am 

Omiyale had a good year. Webb is part of the future. The problem is Omiyale is a lot better on the Left.

Rashied Davis and Dez Clark are worthless at this point

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:48 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
HOVA wrote:
What player has Angelo drafted in the last 7 years that's an established starter other than Forte and Olsen?

Devin wrote:
Man, why y'all hatin'??

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:05 pm 

IMO that's the Bears biggest problem. If you can't at least get 1 established starter from every draft you are really hurting your team. Hester is great weapon to have on your team but no one would ever mistake him as a go to guy. This offseason they will likely bring in a guy that is close to being a #1. If they don't Cutler should ask for another trade.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
HOVA wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
The real story in that article is that the coaching staff may move Webb to left tackle.

Guess the coaches really do hate Cutler.

Webb probably has the most talent on the O-line and Williams appears to be more comfortable on the right side.

:lol: :lol:

I take it you've been listening to Tom Thayer, eh? I wouldn't get too excited about his thoughts given that he's attributed Pro Bowl potential to just about every Bears offensive line prospect in the past decade. In any event, let's hope Webb develops an understanding of the playbook before next season. He allowed more free shots on the quarterback this season than any offensive lineman I've ever seen--including Frank Omiyale.

As for Williams, he needs to be able to play right tackle since he was a turnstile on the left side and and isn't physical enough for the interior line.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Ok...I'm re-posting this here...just because.

I hate the Packers more than any team in Sports, followed closely by Notre Dame & the St. Louis Cardinals. Having said that, I love Aaron Rodgers. I wasn't completely sold on him in 2009, but the second half of 2010 convinced me & I would now rank him as the best QB in the NFL. He will be every ones pick to win the MVP & to lead the league in passing yards & TD's next year. With regards to the Packers roster, coaching staff & management compared to the Bears, if you compare every player on both teams, the Packer player is the better player at almost every position, with the obvious exception being DE & RB. As far as the coaches go, the Packers staff deserves much credit for doing what they did with 15 guys on IR including stud TE jermichael finley. Capers is an easy pick over Marinelli, & I would take McCarthy in a second over Lovie. Ted Thompson -vs Jerry Angelo? Please. Thompson has been the GM since 2005 & has drafted Rodgers, Jennings, Nelson, Jones, Hawk, Raji, Mathews, Collins. & Finley. Angelo has Forte. Briggs, & a pile of steaming crapola.
Thompson hates signing free agents. I agree with his philosophy. It is healthier & cheaper for an organization to draft good players rather signing big name big money free agents. None of the top football organizations in the NFL sign big name big money free agents, because they don't have to.

I hate the Packers, but you gotta give them credit.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:04 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Was he released? I never saw anything else after the initial news item.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Q.Bovifs wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Ok...I'm re-posting this here...just because.

I hate the Packers more than any team in Sports, followed closely by Notre Dame & the St. Louis Cardinals. Having said that, I love Aaron Rodgers. I wasn't completely sold on him in 2009, but the second half of 2010 convinced me & I would now rank him as the best QB in the NFL. He will be every ones pick to win the MVP & to lead the league in passing yards & TD's next year. With regards to the Packers roster, coaching staff & management compared to the Bears, if you compare every player on both teams, the Packer player is the better player at almost every position, with the obvious exception being DE & RB. As far as the coaches go, the Packers staff deserves much credit for doing what they did with 15 guys on IR including stud TE jermichael finley. Capers is an easy pick over Marinelli, & I would take McCarthy in a second over Lovie. Ted Thompson -vs Jerry Angelo? Please. Thompson has been the GM since 2005 & has drafted Rodgers, Jennings, Nelson, Jones, Hawk, Raji, Mathews, Collins. & Finley. Angelo has Forte. Briggs, & a pile of steaming crapola.
Thompson hates signing free agents. I agree with his philosophy. It is healthier & cheaper for an organization to draft good players rather signing big name big money free agents. None of the top football organizations in the NFL sign big name big money free agents, because they don't have to.

I hate the Packers, but you gotta give them credit.

It sucks, but now The Packers are Brad Pitt, and The Bears are Charlie Sheen.

Coincidentally charlie sheen was hanging out with milton bradley this week.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:11 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
HOVA wrote:

Devin wrote:
Man, why y'all hatin'??

Special teams players aren't starters.