It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: One Month
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:31 am 

The season is supposed to start August 6 with the Hall of Fame game. I cannot imagine that happening if a deal does not get done this weekend and I doubt they are going to bust their butts over the holiday. Even if the do get something complete this weekend, I think that game is still in jeopardy.

Post subject: Re: One Month
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
It seems hard to believe, but the Bears & Rams are supposed to open training camps 3 weeks from today. Even if the two sides get a new collective bargaining agreement early next week, I'm not so sure that the Hall-of-Fame Game in Canton, OH and the first weekend of NFL preseason games will be spared from getting cancelled.

That being said, I think there's been a great deal of misreporting in the over 100 days the NFL has been locked out. While I've heard and read various league insiders claim that progress has been made in the negotiations, I'm not so sure those reports are all that accurate. I think it will really hit us in the face when places like Bourbonnais, where the Bears have held training camp for many years now, start to lose revenue for their economy. It'll hurt area restaurants, businesses, etc. When games are wiped out, it'll also dawn on us the impact of the lockout.

Post subject: Re: One Month
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:21 am 

I wonder if they will like baseball in 1995 agree to operate one more season under the current rules if they are close enough to an agreement.

On that note who would ever had thought baseball would be the most stable sport labor wise when all that happened.