It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 5:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:51 am 

Lets get your predictions for the 9ers pre-season game tonight. Heres mine.

Grossman sets a Bears pre-season record throwing for 3,506 yards and 12 touchdowns and rushing for 4 as the Bears defeat the hopeless san fransisco 49'ers...

463 to 3 .

(The 9ers get 3 points as robbie gold attempts a field goal and coach Ditka sneezes on the sideline re-directing the balls flight path into the Bears own field goal posts by mistake.)

DAAAAAAAA BEEEARS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:44 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
At what point in tonight's game will Grossman incur his customary season-ending injury? Or do we have to wait a couple more games for that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:54 am 

Adrian Peterson will run for 60-70 yards. People will call Baum's show tomorrow morning demanding that he start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:58 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
At what point in tonight's game will Grossman incur his customary season-ending injury?

I don't know. Why don't you start a dead pool for it? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Spinnin' Bucket wrote:
Quote:
At what point in tonight's game will Grossman incur his customary season-ending injury?

I don't know. Why don't you start a dead pool for it? :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

Peanut will trip on the turf at least once. Moose will drop at least one pass. Brian Griese will look better than Rex Grossman. Kyle Orton will be drunk on the sidelines by halftime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bernard Berrian will catch a meaningless TD right before the 1st team exits the field. Dusty Dvorcek will rip someone’s face-mask off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Dusty Dvorcek will rip someone’s face-mask off.

....And then litter the field with copies of his resume.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Bernard Berrian will catch a meaningless TD right before the 1st team exits the field.

Is Berrian playing tonight? LoHo has been saying BB will be a no-go all week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

He wasn't on the USA Today injury report, but if Larry said it, it must be true.

Nevertheless, I still stand by my Dusty Dvorcek prediction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Nevertheless, I still stand by my Dusty Dvorcek prediction.

Something tells me Olin Kreutz and Dusty Dvorcek will soon become very close friends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'll watch it because I love the Bears. But absolutly nothing will be learned tonight. It's the first game. Nobody's gonna play much The 2nd game means more and especially the 3rd.

The one guy on want to see is Benson and we won't see him until the 3rd preseason game, if that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bears win 16-10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
I'll watch it because I love the Bears. But absolutly nothing will be learned tonight.

So you already know how good Daniel Manning is against live competition? You’re convinced Devin Hester will run wild on special teams to the same degree he did in college? You have no interest in getting a look at Dusty Dvorcek, who will likely see key playing time this year due to Tank Johnson’s injury? You’re positive that guys like Ruben Brown and Fred Miller are not a step slower? No curiosity if Desmond Clark’s offseason dedication will make him a better tight end?

Preseason is not a huge ordeal, I understand that, but there is plenty to see and quite a bit can be taken from it. The win-loss column is not important, but there is a lot going on when you isolate individual players and units.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Quote:
Adrian Peterson will run for 60-70 yards. People will call Baum's show tomorrow morning demanding that he start.

i just spit soda on my screen damnit...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
No curiosity if Desmond Clark’s offseason dedication will make him a better tight end?

Desmond Clark is my pick for the first Bears starter to suffer a season-ending injury. Rex Grossman will be jealous, but only briefly...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
first Bears starter to suffer a season-ending injury.

no love for Bryan Johnson?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

Spinnin' Bucket wrote:
Quote:
first Bears starter to suffer a season-ending injury.

no love for Bryan Johnson?

You're right, of course, but I wasn't counting on him to play this year. If Lovie and Jerry were, they're cookier than I thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

doug - evergreen park wrote:
Quote:

i just spit soda on my screen damnit...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're behind the times, dolphin. I heard the first "start Peterson" calls of the season a couple weeks ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:41 pm 

Bears look dazed from the trip to the west coast and lose 20-10

Star of the game for the Bears is Leon Joe since he was starting material in front of Lance Briggs. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:50 pm 

I am going to be particularly interested in Devin Hester tonight. I have no faith in his ability as an every down player. However, if he can break games open on special teams, he will have a bigger impact than any of our wide receivers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:28 pm 

Nastradamus wrote:
Kruetz and Dvorcek will tag team Fred Miller

Hey BUDDY!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

I wanna give it to Kyle Orton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
The Griese should be the starting QB talk will start next week. I'm sure everyone will forget that Orton looked like Dan Marino last preseason.

You're comparing Griese to Orton? Please.

Grossman has proven absolutely nothing in the NFL while Griese has had a solid pro career. I'm certainly not saying Griese should start, but I wouldn't mind seeing a legitimate competition between the two. If Grossman is as good as many say he is, then he should be able to beat Griese out, no? Why do the Bears keep handing this guy the job? Are they worried that if he is forced to compete, he'll get injured even earlier than usual? He needs to step up his game in a huge way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
I saw what I needed to see from Grossman last year.

What got you most excited about him--the 57 passer rating, the 51% completion percentage, or the broken leg?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Alright Nas, I have to comment because you have been so down on Brian Greise from day 1 of me reading your Greise posts (maybe you weren't down on him in the past and I didn't read that). Anyway, let me attempt to cut away at a couple of your myths on Greise. Again, this is from an unbiased Colts fan who roots for the Bears as well.

1. Greise played well against #2's and #3s.
I say so be it. Rex was throwing the ball ten yeards over some receivers heads. That could have been done against the 49ers #1 defense or the Main South 3rd string defense. Also, keep in mind that Greise didn't work with the number one Bear offensive unit. He has less talent to work with. I think this comes close to evening itself out...not completely but its not as far off as you think it is.

2. Something has to be wrong with Greise because he can't stay on any team. He keeps getting shipped all over the place. This one I don't agree with either. Correct me if I'm wrong, and I maybe, but about 4 years ago...maybe 5, Griese lead the NFL in QB rating. That's right, the entire NFL. Last year, he lead the NFL in QB rating until he want down with an injury. Greise left Denver because he struggled the last year and a half he was out there. He was playing in John Elway's shadow which by the way, I believe to be the best quarterback ever. While he played very well most of the time he was there, he struggled to get anywhere playoff wise as Denver's defense got considerably worse after Elway left. So on to Miami where they still were sold on Jay Fiedler being the man out there and he didn't get a fair shake. I believe he even had decent numbers when he was on the field. Then to Tampa where the Bccs had already drafted themselves a QB for the future. Gruden liked Greise enough to start him. Tampa got out to a nice start, Griese led the NFL in QB rating until he got hurt. Simms jumped in and they played well enough to stay on pace to make the playoffs. Greise knew he played well enough to make more money than Tampa was going to offer him. Gruden knew Simms was readya nd that over spending on Griese would be a mistake. They parted ways and even still tried to make a pitch for him to stay in Tampa....until Chicago came in and made him the highest paid backup in the league (guessing on that one). Griese has always been fairly accurate. Griese has been a winner for the most part as well. He helpd guided a team to a Rose Bowl victory and had a winning percentage as a starter in the NFL.

I was just getting sick of some people blowing of Griese like he's Jay Fiedler or something. The guy has a pretty decent track record. Grossman was drafted too high and to me is basically another Danny Wuerfel. That might be too big of a knock on him, but by no means has he shown anyone anything to say he should be one of the 32 starting quarterbacks in the best league of professional football. Alright, I'm done. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Three touchdown drives of 65+ yards in the playoffs, a nice half of football against Atlanta and a decent game against Green Bay. All of this after not being able to play football for months. Has Griese played a whole season yet?

Again, you rip on Bears fans for only seeing Griese play well in the pre-season game against the 49ers. You don't even take into account the other numerous NFL games he has played that Bears fans may also be looking at. Then, Tall Midget is supposed to take your answer of well I saw three touchdown drives of 65+ yards in the playoffs and a nice half game and a nice full game against two teams that did not make the playoffs. So basically you are telling TM that you assurance of Rex is 2 and a half games of football, but TM's assurance of a guy like Greise who has, what, 50+ games played in the NFL is not good enough for you. I don't get the logic behind that.

Not trying to start anything, just couldn't disagree more with you reasoning. :twisted: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas, love what you brought to the table there and I think I understand your position better. I'm a Griese guy, you're a Rex guy and we'll see. I will say this, I also love Rex's confidence and swagger.