It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:22 am 

Up until tonight, I was still somewhat on the fence about whether or not Anderson's success was an aberration, or if he was legit. Tonight pretty much solved that. I know the Bears have two good ends, but damn, they have to get this guy in there more often; every time the guy is in he gets a sack. Incredible.

Hester is better than I thought, and I thought he was special. This guy is simply amazing. I'm really starting to wonder if there isn't a way they can work him into the offense, say on reverses or some other such trickeration. His ability to find the gap, avoid the tackle, and explode makes him a touchdown threat every time he touches the ball, anywhere on the field. Just wow.

Kudos to Angelo on these two picks.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:26 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
You're right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:26 am 

;)

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:04 am 
1000 CLUB

How dumb is Lovie for not having him on kickoffs until the Viking game in the 12th game. Then in game 13 he's there all day and gets two returns. He might have 10 or 11 returns if he did kick offs all year.

I know everybody likes to call him dumb and he's slow to learn kickoff return sceems. Bernsie likes to poke fun at him. How smart do you have to be to blaze past everybody? He puts that shake move on while he's going 100 MPH. Most guys have to slow down to shake people.

Put him on offense. Just tell him to line up wide and do go routes. Even if you don't think he can catch. Just do it as a decoy. Although I think he can catch. But the other team will roll the coverage over at him and other guys will be open. How about a screen pass? Oh yeah. Right. I forgot he's dumb. Please. This game ain't that complicated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:15 am 
1000 CLUB

Cmon Nas. You and I could catch a screen pass. I'd be in the hospital after I caught it but I could catch it. It's a soft touch pass with lineman in front of you. It's kind of like a punt return. The same principles apply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:15 am 

Quote:
He said he doesn't want to think too much and playing offense might make him do that. He just wants to focus on one thing. Learning how to catch a screen pass might be too much for him. If it isn't broke then there is no reason to fix it. He should run back kicks for now and in a few years he might be able to run a couple plays on offense. Baby steps. One thing I do know is that he should never be matched up against another team #1 WR.

You make it sound like we are asking him to run the offense. All we want is for him to go 5 yards, turn around and catch the ball!

Too complicated? I run that play with my 5yr old.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:23 am 
1000 CLUB

Man it really is amazing. I know Hester isn't the sharpest bulb. But my God, some people act like he's retarded. This is football. There have been many idiots who have managed to play this game. It's not brain surgery.

"Oh know. I don't think he'll get the concept of a screen pass. Let's go slow with him."

Jesus christ guys. He's not a complete drooling idiot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:47 am 

Quote:
I know everybody likes to call him dumb and he's slow to learn kickoff return sceems. Bernsie likes to poke fun at him. How smart do you have to be to blaze past everybody?

Shit, anyone who saw Forrest Gump knows that! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:48 am 
1000 CLUB

I've heard many athletes who couldn't speak well. Many athletes are dumb.

Sholess Joe Jackson couldn't read or write. But man could he hit the ball and he was smart enough to take a bribe and still hit well in the World Series.

Dexter Manley admitted after his career that he was illiterate as well. That didn't stop him from getting sacks.

I would take a 10 year old kid in a spelling B against Ryne Sandburg, Joe Montana and Dan Marino. But they are all Hall of Famers.

This is sports. It's not to complicated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:58 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Quote:
I would take a 10 year old kid in a spelling B against Ryne Sandburg

But I wouldn't take you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Any defense would be shitting itself if they saw Berrian, Bradley, & Hester lined up on O....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:53 am 
1000 CLUB

MattInTheCrown
Quote:
Up until tonight, I was still somewhat on the fence about whether or not Anderson's success was an aberration, or if he was legit. Tonight pretty much solved that. I know the Bears have two good ends, but damn, they have to get this guy in there more often; every time the guy is in he gets a sack. Incredible.

I'm sure coming in to games in the 3rd and 4th quarter with fresh legs against beaten up O-Lines in obvious passing situations hasn't hurt either :wink: .

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
MattInTheCrown wrote:

Hester is better than I thought, and I thought he was special. This guy is simply amazing. I'm really starting to wonder if there isn't a way they can work him into the offense, say on reverses or some other such trickeration. His ability to find the gap, avoid the tackle, and explode makes him a touchdown threat every time he touches the ball, anywhere on the field. Just wow.

Whatever happened to this guy?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Caller Bob wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:

Pretty sure he's running his family's business somewhere in The Crown.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:58 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:

I was referring to Mark Anderson.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:11 pm 

Killer V wrote:
Any defense would be shitting itself if they saw Berrian, Bradley, & Hester lined up on O....

in about 20 years you will be saying the same thing about justin fields

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Caller Bob wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:

Busy reposting on Twitter. "Always put God First! University of Alabama alumni. NFL alumni. Entrepreneur. Husband."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:00 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Caller Bob wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:

So was I.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Tall Midget wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:

So was I.

:lol:

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:18 am 

MattInTheCrown is another poster I would like to see return. I wonder if he hates Mulli and Haugh as much as he hated Mulli and Hanley?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:18 am 

i am MattInTheCrown