It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: John Fox
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
Quote:
Dan Wiederer @danwiederer
The Bears are expected to reach out to John Fox. John Fox is interested in hearing from the Bears.
8:41 PM - 12 Jan 2015

Post subject: Re: John Fox
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
WindyCityBreeze wrote:
Quote:
The Bears are expected to reach out to John Fox. John Fox is interested in hearing from the Bears.

John Fox would slap these tweeting bitches in line.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... aos-ensues

The Bears were a more or less a dysfunctional team during the regular season, so we probably shouldn't be too surprised that the regular season dysfunction seems to have carried over to the offseason.

It all started on Sunday, when Bears offensive lineman Kyle Long noticed that teammate Martellus Bennett had unfollowed him on Twitter.

Bennett replied to Long on Tuesday morning.

Now, before we get to Bennett's response, just a heads up that there are a few NSFW words because Bennett clearly was not happy about being called out publicly by his teammate.

Bennett then went on to make a broader point about social currency.

On one hand, I could see how Long's insulted that a teammate unfollowed him. On the other hand, I also see Bennett's point. Maybe they should have hashed this out on Facebook.

Anyway, if I had to take sides in this spat, I'd take Bennett's side. He doesn't follow any other teammates on Twitter, so he's consistent with his actions. As a matter of fact, the only NFL player he follows is his brother, Seahawks defensive lineman Michael Bennett.

Besides his brother, Martellus also follows Shia LaBeouf and Kanye West, among others. To be honest, Long should be happy that he's not part of that group.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:58 pm 

DannyB wrote:
WindyCityBreeze wrote:
Quote:

The Bears were a more or less a dysfunctional team during the regular season, so we probably shouldn't be too surprised that the regular season dysfunction seems to have carried over to the offseason.

It all started on Sunday, when Bears offensive lineman Kyle Long noticed that teammate Martellus Bennett had unfollowed him on Twitter.

Now, before we get to Bennett's response, just a heads up that there are a few NSFW words because Bennett clearly was not happy about being called out publicly by his teammate.

On one hand, I could see how Long's insulted that a teammate unfollowed him. On the other hand, I also see Bennett's point. Maybe they should have hashed this out on Facebook.

Anyway, if I had to take sides in this spat, I'd take Bennett's side. He doesn't follow any other teammates on Twitter, so he's consistent with his actions. As a matter of fact, the only NFL player he follows is his brother, Seahawks defensive lineman Michael Bennett.

Besides his brother, Martellus also follows Shia LaBeouf and Kanye West, among others. To be honest, Long should be happy that he's not part of that group.

I think the Bears should either try to trade Bennett or if necessary just cut him from the team. In my opinion he seems to be more trouble than he's worth. Since he's been with the Bears, he has gotten into at least two altercations with teammates during practices--body slammed first round draft pick Kyle Fuller in 2014, which resulted in a suspension by the team, and took swings at teammates in 2013.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
WindyCityBreeze wrote:
DannyB wrote:
WindyCityBreeze wrote:
Quote:

I think the Bears should either try to trade Bennett or if necessary just cut him from the team. In my opinion he seems to be more trouble than he's worth. Since he's been with the Bears, he has gotten into at least two altercations with teammates during practices--body slammed first round draft pick Kyle Fuller in 2014, which resulted in a suspension by the team, and took swings at teammates in 2013.

Maybe Kyle Long should start following Spiegel on Twitter . One thin skinned bitch deserves another. Jesus , no wonder this team fucking blows if this is the shit they worry about.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:39 pm 

What the hell is it with people wanting to purge this team of record setting receivers?

There seems to be a city wide memory lapse of the not to distant days of Devin Hester leading the WR and no names catching 20 passes per year from the TE position.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
good dolphin wrote:
What the hell is it with people wanting to purge this team of record setting receivers?

There seems to be a city wide memory lapse of the not to distant days of Devin Hester leading the WR and no names catching 20 passes per year from the TE position.

I do not want to purge them for the sake of purging them. I just think the Bears need a full rebuild pretty much and feel extra draft picks would be better than having these receivers at this point.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:34 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

I have a problem with Bennett getting into gratuitous violent altercations with his teammates during practices. It risks injury to the players. It is counterproductive. His behavior is also a bad example to his younger teammates. In my opinion disruptive forces like Bennett make it harder for a team to accomplish its goals.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Hire John Fox and he also brings Peyton Manning with him as ofensive coordinator after he retires.

BEARS!!!

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:31 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Scorehead wrote:
Hire John Fox and he also brings Peyton Manning with him as ofensive coordinator after he retires.

BEARS!!!

Offensive Coordinator Peyton Manning sounds like the football version of Head Coach Wayne Gretzky. "My advice is to be me. That's always worked well in my experience." Then they stand there and thousand-yard-stare as lesser players fail to be Peyton Manning and Wayne Gretzky.

Besides, if Peyton Manning had that sort of fealty to this coach he's barely played under, why didn't he stand in the way of Elway firing him?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Just imagine being 59 years old and then needing to go be interviewed by the 37 year old guy who you know just got his job and promotion. Tons of side issues come with that. I would just think that unless a solid pre-existing relationship is there, its just an uncomfortable interview. Fox knows more different scenarios and have lived through them than Pace can even think up to ask him a question about!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

BEARS!!!

Offensive Coordinator Peyton Manning sounds like the football version of Head Coach Wayne Gretzky. "My advice is to be me. That's always worked well in my experience." Then they stand there and thousand-yard-stare as lesser players fail to be Peyton Manning and Wayne Gretzky.

Besides, if Peyton Manning had that sort of fealty to this coach he's barely played under, why didn't he stand in the way of Elway firing him?

I honestly couldn't feel any more oppositely. Manning is obsessed with football strategy, and basically coaches his teammates as it is.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I seen you and Herbie going at it :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
spmack wrote:

He's such a miserable fuck. I unfollowed him. He is so self-important on Twitter.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:55 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Bucky Chris wrote:
I honestly couldn't feel any more oppositely. Manning is obsessed with football strategy, and basically coaches his teammates as it is.

But Manning is still the quarterback who makes it all happen. Peyton Manning can't make Jay Cutler not be Jay Cutler.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Bucky Chris wrote:
spmack wrote:

He's such a miserable fuck. I unfollowed him. He is so self-important on Twitter.

Hard to believe .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:33 pm 

Scorehead wrote:

BEARS!!!

I would try to hire Manning as the head coach now. But the speculation has been that Manning may go into broadcasting when he stops playing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
WindyCityBreeze wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

BEARS!!!

I would try to hire Manning as the head coach now. But the speculation has been that Manning may go into broadcasting when he stops playing.

Manning will be a head coach someday. Titans.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:51 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I am not sure why Manning would subject himself and family to such a shit job given his bank account.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
pittmike wrote:
I am not sure why Manning would subject himself and family to such a shit job given his bank account.

I think TV is more likely. Prime time stuff - MNF, SNF.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:06 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Just imagine being 59 years old and then needing to go be interviewed by the 37 year old guy who you know just got his job and promotion. Tons of side issues come with that. I would just think that unless a solid pre-existing relationship is there, its just an uncomfortable interview. Fox knows more different scenarios and have lived through them than Pace can even think up to ask him a question about!

it was a good hire though. i mean he totally won the presser and i love his hair. he reminds me of a ken doll, tee hee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Well Todd Bowles is gone....

Todd Bowles to be Jets' coach
Updated: January 13, 2015, 10:53 PM ET
ESPN.com news services
18717COMMENTS25EMAILPRINT
The New York Jets have replaced one defensive guru with another, tapping former Arizona Cardinals coordinator Todd Bowles as Rex Ryan's successor.

Bowles told ESPN's Josina Anderson in a text message that he was taking the job.

The news came less than four hours after the Jets announced the hiring of Mike Maccagnan as their general manager. Bowles will receive a four-year contract, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The deal is expected to be completed Wednesday morning.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:44 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
That was my guy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:57 am 

pittmike wrote:

Why does Jim Harbaugh, Jason Kidd or any other former athlete, most don't need the money? They live their life to compete, it is what made them who they are.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:58 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:
That was my guy.

I feel sorry for your guy, the Jets are a awful organization.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:22 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Why does Jim Harbaugh, Jason Kidd or any other former athlete, most don't need the money? They live their life to compete, it is what made them who they are.

It's easy to spend money. It's even easier for a wife to spend money.

Manning is kind of a mush mouth. I wouldn't think he is a great fit for the booth.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I wonder if Bowles taking the Jets job is confirmation that the Bears made their decision once Fox got on the market. The timing of Bowles taking the job seems about right for it. Maybe Pace reached out to Todd's people and let them know there won't be any need for the 2nd interview (which was at least rumored to be scheduled) do to the Bears deciding to pick up Fox.

Or maybe Bowles just decided that the Bears job isn't for him and the timing is just coincidental to Fox getting on the market.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
he was supposedly the hot coaching candidate and he settles for the Jets? They must have let him write his own contract or something. Even atlanta and the mustachioed Arthur Blank would be better than working for the Jets.... with only the raiders being a worse job

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I have this love / hate for Hub and his football information. Yesterdays John Fox discussion was a great example. He was clearly trying to play devil's advocate and looked like an idiot.

Trying to compare Shanahan to Fox was ridiculous. Shanahan had John Fucking Elway and Terrell Davis. He went to Washington and it was a disaster. Game-Set-Match.
John Fox went to Super Bowl with Jake Delhomme. He went to Denver and had a lot of help but was successful there. He didn't go to a place and turn it into an outhouse.

I like John Fox for 3 reasons.
1) He’s a winning coach
2) He will control the locker room.
3) All accounts indicate he’s respected by players, coaches, and GMs across the league.

Number 3 is most important in that it means he will be able to bring in a quality coaching staff. This is something both Trestman and Lovie could NOT do.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:30 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
He is a terrible option. Especially for a team that doesn't have talent on defense. He was 81-79 before Peyton Manning arrived. I would feel better about an assistant coach with no coaching experience.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:42 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
pittmike wrote:

It's easy to spend money. It's even easier for a wife to spend money.

Manning is kind of a mush mouth. I wouldn't think he is a great fit for the booth.

I think he will be a good coach.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next