It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 906 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fire Pace
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
FavreFan wrote:
Quote:
“So any division opponent, you have fresh reports on all those players. Which I like, because sometimes let’s say you have a need at a position, you can almost create (a desire for a guy), you can almost manufacture it."

What the hell is he trying to say here?

Sounds like a Trump quote.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:02 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
leashyourkids wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Quote:
“So any division opponent, you have fresh reports on all those players. Which I like, because sometimes let’s say you have a need at a position, you can almost create (a desire for a guy), you can almost manufacture it."

What the hell is he trying to say here?

Sounds like a Trump quote.

Same speech my Senior Prom date gave me.

Post subject: Re: Grading Pace
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:45 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Scorehead wrote:
Pace hired Fox, Fangio and Gace. Best coaching staff the Bears have had in many many years.
The Kevin White situation is a bad break for Pace. Injuries happen. Whites injury certainly isnt Paces fault.
Cant grade Pace after just 1 draft.

Personally I get the impression that Fox was 'suggested' to Pace when he became available. Fox then went on to assemble that staff, not Pace.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Will Fuller vs. Kevin White

Which "rookie" was the top-10 pick?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:56 am 

The performances of Osweiller, Prescott, Garoppolo, Carr showed you aren't hopeless drafting QBs if you don't have a top 3 pick.

You will strike out a lot with busters like Mallet, Clausen, Barkely taking 2nd round and below QBs but you won't get lucky either unless you take the plunge.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I'm all in on this Fire Pace movement. He's bad, the team is bad and they should all be fired.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Hank Scorpio wrote:
I'm all in on this Fire Pace movement. He's bad, the team is bad and they should all be fired.

None of it matters until Virginia croaks. Just enjoy having less stress and more free time on Sunday's I am going to work on my golf game.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:57 am 

Pace's 2015 draft is looking to be Emery level bad.

Who could've imagined hiring a person from the Saints organization would've gone so poorly???

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:03 am 

Quote:
"For us it was if a specific player comes available, and we know that we're able to acquire that player, then that's something we need to entertain and discuss," Pace said. "So that's kind of how it played out, when we knew this guy [Barth] would be available for us, it made the switch a possibility.

"I think we have a background with this player you know," Pace said. "The Denver coaches that are on our staff now had him in Denver for one season. And then just all ... we've evaluated him for years and he's a guy that's overcome an injury. He's an experienced kicker. He's kicked in big games. If you look at his, especially under 40 yards, he's extremely accurate and there's a sureness to it that I expect."

:eye: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:19 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Who cares. So they lose by 12 instead of 15 if he makes that kick yesterday.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:09 am 

The biggest concern with Pace has to be that he doesn't even understand the talent on his own roster. He got to see them in the preseason and he still signed an older offensive lineman to a big contract. He hired Fox even though he is clearly at a point in his life where he needs to be in "win now" mode. He passed on Paxton Lynch and then every other quarterback that was available in later rounds.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:24 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The biggest concern with Pace has to be that he doesn't even understand the talent on his own roster. He got to see them in the preseason and he still signed an older offensive lineman to a big contract. He hired Fox even though he is clearly at a point in his life where he needs to be in "win now" mode. He passed on Paxton Lynch and then every other quarterback that was available in later rounds.

If they're in rebuild mode, which they are, why couldn't Pace have drafted a quarterback, rather than guards and centers in the second and third rounds? We could be watching Cardale Jones right now, where at least they're be hope for the future, but instead we're still stuck with fumblin and pick throwin Jay.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:28 am 

Dignified Rube wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

If they're in rebuild mode, which they are, why couldn't Pace have drafted a quarterback, rather than guards and centers in the second and third rounds? We could be watching Cardale Jones right now, where at least they're be hope for the future, but instead we're still stuck with fumblin and pick throwin Jay.
I'm not a believer in Cardale Jones but that would have been far better than the Hoyer/Barkley plan.

I'm going to guess we watch Hoyer play below average quarterback next year while we have someone waiting to eventually take over.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:30 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

The quarterback issue is definitely troubling. Our only hope now is that the Bears will go 0-16 this year, and Pace will be forced to take a QB with the #1 pick. Even under those circumstances, though, he would probably still draft a guard.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:31 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
If they get the #1 pick, at least Pace can't trade up.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Tall Midget wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

The quarterback issue is definitely troubling. Our only hope now is that the Bears will go 0-16 this year, and Pace will be forced to take a QB with the #1 pick. Even under those circumstances, though, he would probably still draft a guard.

As crazy as it sounds, I actually have wanted the Bears to go 0-16 since the end of last year. We need a draft where the Bears are slotted within the top 3 picks for 7 rounds.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
I'm not ready to turn on Pace yet. Obviously, hindsight is 20-20, but overall I think (other than the 1st round picks) Bears fans have felt pretty good with his draft choices. He hasn't done good or bad in FA. Team has had lots of injuries that aren't helping.

Fox and Cutler -- could be worse. Not sure what he could have done that would have been better.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:43 am 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
I'm not ready to turn on Pace yet. Obviously, hindsight is 20-20, but overall I think (other than the 1st round picks) Bears fans have felt pretty good with his draft choices. He hasn't done good or bad in FA. Team has had lots of injuries that aren't helping.

Fox and Cutler -- could be worse. Not sure what he could have done that would have been better.
You may want to watch the game first before saying things like this.

Post subject: Re: Grading Pace
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:10 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
NME wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Pace hired Fox, Fangio and Gace. Best coaching staff the Bears have had in many many years.
The Kevin White situation is a bad break for Pace. Injuries happen. Whites injury certainly isnt Paces fault.
Cant grade Pace after just 1 draft.

Personally I get the impression that Fox was 'suggested' to Pace when he became available. Fox then went on to assemble that staff, not Pace.

Fox was basically fired by Elway because he was a fucking pussy. It was reported Fox said, "Isn't winning the division enough?" and that set ol' horse teeth off.

Fox is a piece of shit HC.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
I can't believe I'm giving those fuckboys at ESPN credit, but last nights graphic Guess Who was a simple representation of why Pace needs to be thrown off the Hancock. 20 out of the 53 were drafted by the Bears and only 1 prior to 2013.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:16 am 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
I can't believe I'm giving those fuckboys at ESPN credit, but last nights graphic Guess Who was a simple representation of why Pace needs to be thrown off the Hancock. 20 out of the 53 were drafted by the Bears and only 1 prior to 2013.

Why is that Pace's fault?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:22 am 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

Kevin White is an abortion and Leonard Floyd couldn't push a tackle dummy 5 yards. Obviously its not his fault for anything prior to his hiring, but he clearly has no clue what he is doing. This team can't draft or hire someone who can draft.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:26 am 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

Kevin White is an abortion and Leonard Floyd couldn't push a tackle dummy 5 yards. Obviously its not his fault for anything prior to his hiring, but he clearly has no clue what he is doing. This team can't draft or hire someone who can draft.

That is two different points.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
IT GOT BURIED as a minor footnote in an awful game... but to borrow a Hub Arkush phrase.... something no one is talking about is their bargain bin kicker missed a 31 yard field goal in the 1st qtr and nearly missed an extra point

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:32 am 

Yes they are but are you saying pace doesn't deserve a firing?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:33 am 

billypootons wrote:
IT GOT BURIED as a minor footnote in an awful game... but to borrow a Hub Arkush phrase.... something no one is talking about is their bargain bin kicker missed a 31 yard field goal in the 1st qtr and nearly missed an extra point

Because it didn't matter. Complaining about the kicker on this team is like complaining about the flatware on the titanic.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

Eddie Goldman really blows, huh? You can't tell anything about the 2016 draft yet and even the 2015 draft is rather early. Amos played well; White didn't play at all (not Pace's fault); Grasu is hurt (not Pace's fault). Langford has had the keys to car for a couple games and has been up and down, though runs behind a sub par offensive line.

I'm not a huge fan of what's going on right now, but the idea that Pace can't draft is extremely premature.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:36 am 

ChiefWampum wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

Eddie Goldman really blows, huh? You can't tell anything about the 2016 draft yet and even the 2015 draft is rather early. Amos played well; White didn't play at all (not Pace's fault); Grasu is hurt (not Pace's fault). Langford has had the keys to car for a couple games and has been up and down, though runs behind a sub par offensive line.

I'm not a huge fan of what's going on right now, but the idea that Pace can't draft is extremely premature.

He's whiffed on back to back first round picks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
ChiefWampum wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

He's whiffed on back to back first round picks.

They've played a combined 4 games. You can make that conclusion, but it's an awful conclusion. Ezekiel Elliott fumbled in crunch time this week. He's essentially a piece of shit bust.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:44 am 

ChiefWampum wrote:

When the players have a history of injury in college then yes its Page's fault if they get hurt after he drafts them with knowledge of said injuries.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 906 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 31  Next