It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 906 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fire Pace
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
ChiefWampum wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

He's whiffed on back to back first round picks.

They've played a combined 4 games. You can make that conclusion, but it's an awful conclusion. Ezekiel Elliott fumbled in crunch time this week. He's essentially a piece of shit bust.

We aren't talking about Elliott. We are talking about Floyd who looks like the second coming of Shea and Kevin White who is a speedster that doesn't have speed.

Last edited by Hank Scorpio on Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
Quote:
We aren't talking about Elliott. We are talking about Floyd who looks like the second coming of Shea and Kevin White who is a speedster that doesn't have speed.

Everybody knows Floyd could use a little muscle, but he has the speed and instincts to rush. Maybe we give him more than 2 games?

White had the speed to turn the corner on a fucking jet sweep reverse that even the Bears snuffed out like the rooster. I haven't exactly seen the offense run plays that can demonstrate White's speed yet.

I can't believe people want to write guys off after two games.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:54 am 

And your reply makes it look like I said Pace whiffed. I WANT THAT REMOVED FROM THE RECORD!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
ChiefWampum wrote:
Quote:

Everybody knows Floyd could use a little muscle, but he has the speed and instincts to rush. Maybe we give him more than 2 games?

White had the speed to turn the corner on a fucking jet sweep reverse that even the Bears snuffed out like the rooster. I haven't exactly seen the offense run plays that can demonstrate White's speed yet.

Are you arguing for retooling the offense around a guy prone to soft tissue injuries who isn't even fast by NFL standards?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:57 am 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
ChiefWampum wrote:
Quote:

Are you arguing for retooling the offense around a guy prone to soft tissue injuries who isn't even fast by NFL standards?

I didn't argue for retooling anything. Where did you get that from? All I said is that it's too early to judge what Kevin White is. I didn't say you need to run him as your BBS #1 WR.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Kevin White has lost all his speed after the injury

Leaonard Floyd is Marc Anderson aka 2007. He is fast, and just runs around the corner, 5 yards past the QB.

Pace sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:17 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

Leaonard Floyd is Marc Anderson aka 2007. He is fast, and just runs around the corner, 5 yards past the QB.

Pace sucks.

Mark Anderson was never known as 2007.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:19 am 

ChiefWampum wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Pace sucks.

Stick to licking Ryan Pace's ballsack.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:21 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
ChiefWampum wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Pace sucks.

Stick to licking Ryan Pace's ballsack.

At least he knows what an acronym is.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:22 am 

Maybe next he can learn to blow the fucking snot out of his nose.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:26 am 

ChiefWampum wrote:
And your reply makes it look like I said Pace whiffed. I WANT THAT REMOVED FROM THE RECORD!

:lol: :lol: I dolphin'd the hell out of that reply. Apologies.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:41 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
ChiefWampum wrote:

:lol: :lol: I dolphin'd the hell out of that reply. Apologies.

Haha all good.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
In this QB's first 5 NFL games, he completed 55% of his passes for 1129 yards (226 per game) with 4 TD's and 12 INT's with a QB Rating of 54.1. The rest of Peyton Manning's rookie season wasn't much better, either.

Jeez fellas, while your raised eyebrows at the performance of Pace's draft picks is certainly, unquestionably warranted, let's pump the brakes on the need to slap a definitive label on guys that are only in their second year out of college, one of whom is playing in his first NFL games. This is the kind of thinking that gets Jared Goff labeled a bust before he even plays an NFL snap.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Jared Goff is a bust.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
White is terrible, he can't run a route. Floyd is already 24 so I don't know what kind of incredible physical development they expect of the guy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:16 pm 

America wrote:
White is terrible, he can't run a route. Floyd is already 24 so I don't know what kind of incredible physical development they expect of the guy.

This.

White also can't get any yards after the catch. He catches the ball, turns and gets taken down by the feet.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
America wrote:

This.

White also can't get any yards after the catch. He catches the ball, turns and gets taken down by the feet.

Everything I need to know about Floyd, I live in Atlanta and he played at UGA. UGA fans couldn't tell me what Floyd did.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:31 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Kirkwood wrote:
Jared Goff is a bust.

I happily labeled him that before he ever took an NFL snap.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:57 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
America wrote:

Agreed

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Where are people getting this misguided idea that Kevin White isn't fast still? It's just absurd.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:25 pm 

312player wrote:
America wrote:

Agreed

The second worst poster on the board agrees with the worst poster on the board?

Shocking...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:26 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Where are people getting this misguided idea that Kevin White isn't fast still? It's just absurd.

From our eyes and the sideline report at the game.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

2 games with Jay Cutler as your QB? I think maybe we should pump the brakes on the K.White hate. First year WRs (which White is) are hit or miss with their numbers. Sometimes, it takes a WR one whole season of ups and downs to figure it out. Will Fuller and Deandre Hopkins are rarities of production.

I was never fully comfortable with the Floyd pick because of his age. If we don't see flashes of good play this year, I'm more than worried going forward in his career.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:45 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Your eyes told you Kevin White is not as fast now as he was 2 years ago? I don't believe you.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:49 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Your eyes told you Kevin White is not as fast now as he was 2 years ago? I don't believe you.

I know he ran a fast 40 at the combine. I don't think I ever saw him play a down of football in college.

I know that he was billed as a speed guy that could take the top off of a defense. So far I've seen him run an end around that looked like any other WR in the league and I've seen a few short passes that resulted in little to no YAC. Maybe they aren't using him correctly but right now its a 'meh' from me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I know he ran a fast 40 at the combine. I don't think I ever saw him play a down of football in college.

I know that he was billed as a speed guy that could take the top off of a defense. So far I've seen him run an end around that looked like any other WR in the league and I've seen a few short passes that resulted in little to no YAC. Maybe they aren't using him correctly but right now its a 'meh' from me.

Just from reading articles on the Internet I found that White is having trouble learning the advanced route trees because WVU's offense was much more simplified. We know from D.Hester's attempts to play WR that if you don't know where the fuck you are going Jay is going to completely ignore you on the field.

The lack of understanding the playbook in year 2 with so much down time on his hands while rehabbing is big red flag for White.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:53 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I agree that he hasn't shown any flashes yet of being worth the draft pick. I just didnt know how someone could specifically point out how he lost speed with just having a sample size of like 6 plays to look at. He seems fast enough to me.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:59 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I agree that he hasn't shown any flashes yet of being worth the draft pick. I just didnt know how someone could specifically point out how he lost speed with just having a sample size of like 6 plays to look at. He seems fast enough to me.

I was just expecting to see someone that looked noticeably faster than average. I don't see that at all. So maybe saying that he looks "slower" is incorrect. He just looks normal. Not fast or slow. Just like a average sort of NFL WR.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:28 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
I remember a certain Saints fan board member trying to warn us about Pace.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
Pace was hired because he came cheap.

You get what you pay for.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 906 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 31  Next