It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 906 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fire Pace
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:52 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Bump.

I've seen enough.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
maybe glennda here will be the death knell for pace? i mean, if we look past the thing where some crusty-old/retired-for-a-reason ex-GM "Special advisor" to the bears basically told pace "JOHN FOX IS AVAILABLE! YOU'RE HIRING JOHN FOX KID!!!" then i think the part where you're seemingly paying a [relative?] premium to have mike glennon insurance for getting your next "QB OF THE FUTURE" = quite possibly could render good ol pace "dead as a door knob' (- joe carter) if/when this all goes to hell.

hope i'm wrong, but i think some staggering %age of glennon's career 30TD/15INT have come from games where he was already down 17/+ points =D (did i read that here or on profootballtalk.com comments? hmmm)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
sinicalypse wrote:
maybe glennda here will be the death knell for pace? i mean, if we look past the thing where some crusty-old/retired-for-a-reason ex-GM "Special advisor" to the bears basically told pace "JOHN FOX IS AVAILABLE! YOU'RE HIRING JOHN FOX KID!!!" then i think the part where you're seemingly paying a [relative?] premium to have mike glennon insurance for getting your next "QB OF THE FUTURE" = quite possibly could render good ol pace "dead as a door knob' (- joe carter) if/when this all goes to hell.

hope i'm wrong, but i think some staggering %age of glennon's career 30TD/15INT have come from games where he was already down 17/+ points =D (did i read that here or on profootballtalk.com comments? hmmm)

Glinda??

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:31 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:

Heard a guy on from NFL.com who said Glennon is awesome if the game is out of reach either way. Which now that I think about it would apply to a lot of QB's.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:36 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Peoria Matt wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

Heard a guy on from NFL.com who said Glennon is awesome if the game is out of reach either way. Which now that I think about it would apply to a lot of QB's.

Hey man I'm a legit "legendary modekfucker" when I'm mid-coital with a Victoria's secret model! Also it's easy to talk a lot of shit about "legendary modelfucking" when you know none of the models you're talking shit about will ever hear the dumb shit you're saying/claiming!

(Excruciatingly bad analogy but it's better than +1/Like/Upvote, at least in my demented neck of the woods!)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:56 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

So he will be great for the Bears next year, causing us not to see the younger QB.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I'm just about on board with this. Dude seems like he doesn't have a plan -we're going into year 3 of a rebuild with a group of veteran coaches with almost no real talent to show for it. And he continues to let talent that was here walk out the door with zero return.

Pace is starting to look like a real numbnutted bastard.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:27 pm 

http://www.kwwl.com/story/35000577/2017 ... llege-hill

https://twitter.com/BradBiggs/status/846158911249965056

@BradBiggs

Cedar Falls Capt. Jeff Harrenstein confirms 3 misdemeanor charges for #Bears CB Deiondre' Hall and that he was tazed in incident.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:42 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
FrankDrebin wrote:
... he was tazed in incident.

steve‏ @Pizzaguy6691 11h11 hours ago
More
@BradBiggs I'm shocked to hear that. So was Hall apparently.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:10 am 

Very strange the way he talked about "the room", which Bernstein picked up on in his article.

You've GM'ed three of the worst Chicago Bears football teams ever---with your last having the least amount of wins---and you're focused on having a good QB room, whatever that means?

You haven't exactly staffed that room with the best talent, have you? You wasted two years (or is it three?) keeping Cutler, and then passed on Cardale Jones as late as the fourth round who's gonna start for Buffalo this year. You bring in Sanchez for one year, who's been with a different team every year. Your new starter, Glennon, was the 73rd overall pick four years ago. He's the guy that Lovie Smith, passed on in favor of Josh McCown, when he got to Tampa.

This reeks of desperation, rather than actually following a plan. If you had a plan, you would have drafted a QB two or three years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Yea I dont get it either. Only thing I can think of is McCaskey unwillingness to pay him to do nothing, which shouldn't be an issue in a salary cap league.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Fucking brutal . What a clown.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I'd keep Hoiberg and fire Pace.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:03 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Bump.

I've seen enough.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:21 pm 

Listened to his press conference and he remains a fucking rah rah bozo. Only the Bears would hire this guy as GM.

Shit can his ass.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:32 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I religiously watch the draft every year. I have a little draft party as well. This is by far, other than the Saints trading their entire draft for Ricky Williams, and the Raiders drafting a kicker in the 1st rd, not only the worst trade I have seen but the worst trade and pick of value.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:50 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
There's a good chance that next season,only 1 of Pace's 3 top picks will be a solid contributor next season, that's Floyd.

A sure way of getting axed is to fail in the first round. This QB pick would have been OK if the Bears didn't have so many holes to fill. Let's see what they do today.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:53 am 

jimmypasta wrote:
There's a good chance that next season,only 1 of Pace's 3 top picks will be a solid contributor next season, that's Floyd.

A sure way of getting axed is to fail in the first round. This QB pick would have been OK if the Bears didn't have so many holes to fill. Let's see what they do today.

Disagree. You have a top 5 pick, and you chose a project on a team that lacks pretty much any talent outside of RB on Offense. You could of added a stud Defensive playing, that could of made an impact.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:03 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Cashman wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

Disagree. You have a top 5 pick, and you chose a project on a team that lacks pretty much any talent outside of RB on Offense. You could of added a stud Defensive playing, that could of made an impact.

What? I agree with what you are saying in this thread and the other one.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:17 am 

jimmypasta wrote:
Cashman wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

What? I agree with what you are saying in this thread and the other one.

I don't think in that case, you still pick a QB.

I think you can get a QB outside the top 5 pick and be successful. Get an impact player. I changed my mind on this after the can't miss of Luck.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:30 pm 

Drafts another project in Round 2.

What a joke.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:36 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I have no issues with the picks the Bears made. I don't know anything about this TE but Doc and GD like him so that's good enough for me. I'm pissed about the trade to move up to #2. They literally bid against themselves and Pace should have known that. The Chiefs wanted Mahomes all along and the Texans didn't have enough to trade up to grab (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. Pace getting bamboozled really hurt the Bears.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
With the #2 pick they get a guy tied for 12 in the Madden 18 rookie rankings. Shameful.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:33 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Nas wrote:
I have no issues with the picks the Bears made. I don't know anything about this TE but Doc and GD like him so that's good enough for me. I'm pissed about the trade to move up to #2. They literally bid against themselves and Pace should have known that. The Chiefs wanted Mahomes all along and the Texans didn't have enough to trade up to grab (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. Pace getting bamboozled really hurt the Bears.

I am mostly pissed about the trade, not as much about the player they selected. I agree with the others, though, the Bears should have picked a stud defensive player. The defense has too many holes and they didn't have the luxury of a project QB.

Pace isn't going anywhere. He'll fir the coaching staff after this season and get the opportunity to hire one more head coach. Can't wait to see that shit show.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:50 am 

It's going to be hard to make the case to keep Pace at the end of this year. Even if (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is good he doesn't have a whole lot of other wins on the drafting side of it and it is a problem if Glennon isn't good enough to even play the whole season to give (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky time to get ready for his time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:54 am 

Yea, you can feel the wind blowing against him now. Unless the Bears miraculously turn it around I'm starting to feel like there will be a complete house cleaning (again). What's good for Pace is if he gets canned but (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is a star he'll get a new gig in no time. Everyone is so desperate to crack the QB code he'll get a shot at one other job at least.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:54 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It's going to be hard to make the case to keep Pace at the end of this year. Even if (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is good he doesn't have a whole lot of other wins on the drafting side of it and it is a problem if Glennon isn't good enough to even play the whole season to give (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky time to get ready for his time.

I think he kinda made his bed. He decided to kick off his GM tenure with ignoring the OL and DL. Switched to a 3-4 which he had no talent for. Drafted a kid who could not read a playbook at WR. Got rid of an NFL WR this offseason to gamble on this kid who has been on IR, 2 now 3 years in a row.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:56 am 

Pace has done a very good job with the OL and DL. If (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky fails those units (and running back, I guess) will be the only parts of the team he did well with.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:56 am 

America wrote:
Yea, you can feel the wind blowing against him now. Unless the Bears miraculously turn it around I'm starting to feel like there will be a complete house cleaning (again). What's good for Pace is if he gets canned but (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is a star he'll get a new gig in no time. Everyone is so desperate to crack the QB code he'll get a shot at one other job at least.
I'm not sure. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was by most indications the QB with the highest chance of success. It's not like he found Drew Brees or Russel Wilson later on in the draft. He also kind of screwed that up by giving up picks for no good reason.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 906 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 31  Next