It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 906 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fire Pace
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
2015 draft was a bad draft.

1 White F
2 Goldman B
3 Grasu F
4 Langford C (and falling)
5 Amos B
6 Tayo F

Amos is the only one that can stay on the field, not that you'd really want him to anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Is there a way to fire the McCaskeys?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Are there any standouts from this year's draft? Floyd looks like a project at best. Two bad drafts is enough to kill this team for the foreseeable future.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:01 pm 

His strategy of seemingly random free agent signings, bad draft picks, injuries, and hiring an old coach who is collecting retirement checks for his kids seems to be working out poorly.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:38 pm 

How is it possible that there are teams in the league worse than the Bears?

They hit on a decent draft about once per decade.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
My question after 2 "meh" drafts and two lousy teams,what kind of timeclock is Pace on?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
jimmypasta wrote:
My question after 2 "meh" drafts and two lousy teams,what kind of timeclock is Pace on?

Fired after next year if they are not in the playoffs or looking like they are are rising young team.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:11 pm 

I actually like their 2016 draft except for the inane trade up and selection of Leonard Floyd and the stubborn refusal to draft a QB despite the later rounds supplying what appears to be a bevy of guys who can play on the NFL.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
America wrote:
I actually like their 2016 draft except for the inane trade up and selection of Leonard Floyd and the stubborn refusal to draft a QB despite the later rounds supplying what appears to be a bevy of guys who can play on the NFL.

Define bevy.

Is there anyone outside of Dak?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:36 pm 

Kessler has been doing pretty well too.

The Bears have the worst QB situation of any team in the league. Hoyer and Cutler are both pretty bad, Cutler is wildly expensive and impossible to trade, neither have any realistic upside and.both are over 30. Every other team in the NFL has either a decent starter, a young guy who might be something or both. The Bears are the only team with neither and after 2 drafts from Pace that is unacceptable.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Let them all on fire.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:45 pm 

America wrote:

The Bears have the worst QB situation of any team in the league. Hoyer and Cutler are both pretty bad, Cutler is wildly expensive and impossible to trade, neither have any realistic upside and.both are over 30. Every other team in the NFL has either a decent starter, a young guy who might be something or both. The Bears are the only team with neither and after 2 drafts from Pace that is unacceptable.

2 guys isn't a bevy, and Kessler is below average compared to Prescott.

Pretty sure Hoyer is on a one year deal, and Jay will be gone next year. They have to draft a QB in round 1. Could find a veteran bridge QB in the offseason, or just sign Hoyer for one more year.

Who knows man. The first year Pace drafted there really wasn't anyone after Winston and Mariota. Last draft provides more of an argument, but maybe they were waiting for a loaded QB draft which 2017 seems to be.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
America wrote:

Cutler is actually very affordable. He was wildly expensive the last three seasons.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
America wrote:

:lol:

Don't pretend Kessler is gonna be something for the sake of this silly narrative. The Browns QB situation is worse. Other teams with QB situations as bad or worse than the Bears: Jets, Titans, 49ers, Dolphins, and probably the Texans.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:53 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
America wrote:

:lol:

Don't pretend Kessler is gonna be something for the sake of this silly narrative. The Browns QB situation is worse. Other teams with QB situations as bad or worse than the Bears: Jets, Titans, 49ers, Dolphins, and probably the Texans.

I wouldn't throw Mariota under the bus yet. He's got no WRs, and Delanie Walker has been banged up all year. Plus sophomore slump.

Osweiler is a weird study. He can be lights out for a half, then have 3 turnovers in the 2nd half. He has no real excuse though with all the weapons he has, and being Peyton Manning's understudy.

I just hope none of the other teams you've listed is slotted ahead of the Bears next April.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I'll be shocked if Mariota becomes decent. He's straight up awful and showing little signs of improving.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
America wrote:
The Bears have the worst QB situation of any team in the league.

The Cleveland Browns respectfully disagree with this statement.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:23 pm 

Definitely rather have Mariota than Cutler and Hoyer. Same goes for Blaine Gabbert (not saying Gabbert is good)and Brock Osweiler.

I guess the Jets situation is pretty horrible, but at least they drafted Hackenberg. I know he looks like dogshit so far but the Jets are at least trying. The Dolphins appear just as captive to Tannehill as the Bears have been to Cutler, but I won't be shocked if Gase has him looking at least average by the end of the season.

So yea, Bears, Dolphins and Jets are all about equally bad. The Bears will probably have the highest draft pick of the 3 but I have zero confidence in Pace's ability to scout a QB.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:28 pm 

Pace can also be blamed for not putting together a better package to the Titans for Wentz. Willing to trade up for Leonard Floyd but not a guy who may be the next great WB? Not good.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
jimmypasta wrote:

I think he'll get at least 1 more year. If he has another 'smartest guy in the room' 1st round pick next year coupled with little to no improvements from any of the players in these last 2 drafts -they'll be left with no choice but to launch him.

Fox too I'd assume if the teams no good after 3 years.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:11 pm 

America wrote:
Pace can also be blamed for not putting together a better package to the Titans for Wentz. Willing to trade up for Leonard Floyd but not a guy who may be the next great WB? Not good.

This I don't get. Wentz was more of a wild card than any college prospect in recent memory. Do you really think Bears fans would have been 100% on board with trading 2 first rounders, 2 third rounders, and a 4th rounder after what they gave away to get Cutler?

The Floyd pick doesn't look too good right now, but you're advocating trading away picks for what was a major question mark prospect. This coming draft class has more depth, and the Bears should hopefully be in a position to take a QB with their high pick.

Pace can be hated on for more than a few things, but his cautious scouting of QBs has to be commended IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:54 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Pace can be hated on for more than a few things, but his cautious scouting of QBs has to be commended IMO.
Having no options is pretty great.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:12 pm 

Knowing that you have no options is better than taking a chance on Christian Hackenberg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:14 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Knowing that you have no options is better than taking a chance on Christian Hackenberg.

Well he passed on at least two legit prospects this last draft.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:14 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Well he passed on at least two legit prospects this last draft.

I'm not a fan of drafting mid round QBs, so I'm not gonna fault Pace for missing on Prescott.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
Pace is a joke. He was only hired because he came cheap.

As the saying goes - you get what you pay for.

The McCaskey's and Reinsdorf both need to sell.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:31 am 

He wasn't a gamble to the Eagles. They are looking they have the type of the player that makes them contenders for the next 15 or more years. Sure, something may go wrong but for now Wentz looks like the next great NFL QB and the Bears were too busy angling to get a 24 year old project LB to notice he was there.

Pace isn't passing on mid-round QB's or aggresive trade ups because he's being cautious about scouting, he said as much in his opening press conference. Same line that Emery touted about "always drafting a QB just in case." Obviously Pace, like the two failed regimes before, became enamored with Cutler. Instead of getting a rookie like Prescott that siezes a starting role and never looks back or one like Wentz who outright takes Cutler's spot in camp Pace supplied the team with Brian Hoyer. A guy who really poses zero threat to Jay Cutler despite the current narrative in the local media. When Cutler comes back he will play, maybe not right away but Hoyer will slip up and they won't be able to pull the plug quickly enough.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:17 am 

Wentz has played 3 games, let's take it easy there. Don't forget Carson can be kind of fragile, as he was injured his last season at NDSU. Romo is the starter when he's healthy according to Jerry Jones, so Prescott will be on the bench in a few weeks.

Listen, I'm not faulting Pace for waiting to draft a QB. You are speculating he fell in love with Cutler. We don't know that. If Pace doesn't draft a QB in either round 1 or 2 then I am done with him as a GM. Passing on Tunsil, Apple, Hargreaves III, Coleman, and about half a dozen starting caliber prospects for Floyd looks like an Emery/Angelo level fuck up. That complaint of Pace I'm on board with. I'm waiting to completely dismiss him until I see the selections for the 2017 draft.

Also, as MANY have said before me, the McCaskey's need to sell. It's amazing the Bears aren't criticized more in the media for failing to have anywhere near a consistent product since the Super Bowl run.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Hub says it's too early to tell...but Pace looks ok so far. So fuck you all.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Jbi11s wrote:
I'm not faulting Pace for waiting to draft a QB. You are speculating he fell in love with Cutler. We don't know that.

Yes, we do know. Cutler interviewed Loggains for his OC job. At a minimum, Pace was sold on Cutler.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 906 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 31  Next