It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 906 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fire Pace
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
I still don't understand the Fox hire.

If you're going to re-build then why go down that road if your Pace? Wouldn't the better move have been to go with Gase as your head coach and just start from scratch?

I'm starting to think the call of Fox came from above the GM.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Matches Malone wrote:

If you're going to re-build then why go down that road if your Pace? Wouldn't the better move have been to go with Gase as your head coach and just start from scratch?

The Fox hire was simple - he was a known quantity. The last 4 before him were all first time hires that Bears fans largely hated. So, they tried to make a safe choice. Little did they know, Bears fans will hate anyone they hire until the last second passes on a Superbowl win.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
Fox is stealing money.

He now has zero fire, just collecting that retirement cash.

Probably wants to be fired.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
White has clearly done nothing to understand the game while being hurt. I'm sure he did great with his rehab, but it couldn't be more obvious that he has done nothing to work with coaches or other players to get better. Guy looks absolutely clueless and that should not be happening in his 2nd year.

His last hope is getting a new QB (any new QB) and hoping getting rid of Cutler will do the trick.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Matches Malone wrote:

Because of Manning, Gase was still a pretty big question mark before coming here and making the Bears look like they were actually fielding a professional offense.

If you mean why not let Fox go after last season and keep Gase? Wouldn't have been a good look for the front office.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
NME wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

Because of Manning, Gase was still a pretty big question mark before coming here and making the Bears look like they were actually fielding a professional offense.

If you mean why not let Fox go after last season and keep Gase? Wouldn't have been a good look for the front office.

I'm of the mindset that if you were going to re-build then you don't hire Fox. I would have went with Gase from the get go. He might have been a question mark to some, but he was getting interviewed and I believe the 49ers did offer him the head coaching gig because of the overall Yorkness of that organization.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:16 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
The front 7 is traaaaaaaaaaash.

Appeared to be the area where the Bears would be at minimum average. Nope. Yeesh.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:35 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Peoria Matt wrote:
I remember a certain Saints fan board member trying to warn us about Pace.

He was right. This guy really sucks. Bring back Jerry Angelo!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:14 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Nothing has changed. Fire everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:34 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
The front 7 is traaaaaaaaaaash.

Appeared to be the area where the Bears would be at minimum average. Nope. Yeesh.

Travathan, Goldman, Houston and Mc Phee are out. That is not the anticipated front 7. Mitch Unrein is a nice backup journeyman type and they are looking to him as their principal run defender.

Jerrell was absolutely fantastic out there last night.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
I don't know how I was the author of this thread with its title, when I originally approved of his drafting.

In a perfect world, where so many many guys aren't hurt, this team should be no worse than 8-8 this year. What I'm still trying to figure out is why Pace let important players like Forte, Slaussen and Gould go, while not getting rid of the main problem in Cutler. There must have been a team willing to take Cutler for a third rounder before the season, like Cleveland or Dallas.

My main criticism was his hiring of Fox, and then promoting Loggains to OC without looking at anyone else. Secondly, while I can't fault him for drafting Kevin White, who might still be good, there was no excuse to pick a project at 7 in Floyd, when the Bears needed an immediate impact player on defense there. Otherwise, just like with Emery, Pace drafted guards and centers with high picks, when the Bears especially needed tackles and a tight-end. Who are these guys at tackle? Nobodies.

To save his job, I think Pace seriously needs to think about shaking up the coaching staff after this year. Bears fans have no patience for a four-year rebuild, if that could or will even even happen under Fox. And he should outsource his drafting to Mel Kipper.

Last edited by Dignified Rube on Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Posted in error. Please delete admin.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Kevin White looks lost. Don't even see the speed. Floyd has flashes, but he is exposed against the run and in coverage. Can't have back to back top ten picks be busts. This Bears team seems even more lost than the Bulls, which is frightening. It's enough to make you miss Lovie.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I'm not a Lovie hater like some, but he also had talent to work with. This team looks poorly coached, yes, but how much of that is because they don't have a single difference maker on defense and MAYBE one or two on offense?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: John's
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Kevin White looks lost. Don't even see the speed. Floyd has flashes, but he is exposed against the run and in coverage. Can't have back to back top ten picks be busts. This Bears team seems even more lost than the Bulls, which is frightening. It's enough to make you miss Lovie.

Look at the WVU tape. He wasn't burning guys in college. THat 4.3 40 speed doesn't translate to the field. He always had a defender on his ass. He's big and has good hands(at times) so in college he just muscled his way to everything.

He will be a decent possession guy in the NFL, aka a Crabtree, but you hope for much better with #7 overall(Julio, Dez, etc..)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Caller Bob wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:

Look at the WVU tape. He wasn't burning guys in college. THat 4.3 40 speed doesn't translate to the field. He always had a defender on his ass. He's big and has good hands(at times) so in college he just muscled his way to everything.

He will be a decent possession guy in the NFL, aka a Crabtree, but you hope for much better with #7 overall(Julio, Dez, etc..)

That's what happens when they fall in love with combine numbers.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:06 am 

Bears obviously going with a QB in first round next year (top 3 pick). Do you let Pace make that pick?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Caller Bob wrote:

Sounds like the perfect receiver for Cutler...no need to run routes (as Cutler can't hit a spot on time), just be able to go get a jump ball.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:08 am 

Ryan Pace is a dumbass with a BS from Eastern Illinois University. Now they may have put some players in the NFL, but we are talking a FO executive. He's no mensa candidate. I don't get why he was so revered or why Acrosi led us to him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:10 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Ryan Pace is a dumbass with a BS from Eastern Illinois University. Now they may have put some players in the NFL, but we are talking a FO executive. He's no mensa candidate. I don't get why he was so revered or why Acrosi led us to him.

This is the NFL. The league of 1,000 communication degrees.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:14 am 

But Pace was some drunk ass fratboy that played a little football at a crappy D2 school and then trolled for jobs in the NFL. What makes you think he can build a program.

In reality, we should have probably hired Ballard, but he probably pointed out Phillips had to go along with Ginny's 10 kids that would have been better off as brown stains on her mattress in DesPlaines
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/fo ... story.html

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:18 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
But Pace was some drunk ass fratboy that played a little football at a crappy D2 school and then trolled for jobs in the NFL. What makes you think he can build a program.

In reality, we should have probably hired Ballard, but he probably pointed out Phillips had to go along with Ginny's 10 kids that would have been better off as brown stains on her mattress in DesPlaines
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/fo ... story.html

Where do you think most executives in the NFL played or went to school?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:30 am 

If I'm the Bear, I'm sending out feelers to Urban Meyer for a full boat position. We know he can run pro :wink: programs & he has to want out of shitcan Columbus. What do the Bears have to lose?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:37 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
If I'm the Bear, I'm sending out feelers to Urban Meyer for a full boat position. We know he can run pro :wink: programs & he has to want out of shitcan Columbus. What do the Bears have to lose?

Track record of coaches moving from College to NFL isn't very good. Bears should avoid it. So, they will probably do it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:39 am 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Track record of coaches moving from College to NFL isn't very good. Bears should avoid it. So, they will probably do it.

Jim Harbaugh and Pete Carroll say high.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:47 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Jim Harbaugh and Pete Carroll say high.

"High" is right.

Pete Carroll was an NFL coach, THEN a college coach, THEN an NFL coach. He learned from his mistakes.

Where does Harbaugh coach, now? His act grew tired in no time in the NFL.

What about Kelly? Or Saban? Spurrier, Riley, Holtz, Davis, Petrino, Kiffin, Schiano.

These are some of the biggest names in college football coaching, and they all pretty much sucked.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:52 am 

Harbaugh should have never been railroaded out San Francisco. If he ever wanted to come back he would have line of NFL teams out the door to hire him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:34 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
leashyourkids wrote:
I'm not a Lovie hater like some, but he also had talent to work with. This team looks poorly coached, yes, but how much of that is because they don't have a single difference maker on defense and MAYBE one or two on offense?

The Bears entire starting defense is basically hurt. It's not really a fair comparison.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Harbaugh turned Kaepernick into a $20 million a year quarterback. Now he can't beat out Blaine Gabbert. Love to have Harbaugh her mentoring a first round quarterback. Think he might be perfect for college though. Players leave after 4 years. Don't tune out is over the top act. And he gets to be a tyrant.

I bet he returns eventually to the pros, but why leave Michigan now for this mess.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Big Chicagoan wrote:

Pete Carroll was an NFL coach

Bill Belichick's predecessor in New England, I believe.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 906 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 31  Next