It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Myles Jack is the rare player that you see coming out and immediately know he can be one of the best to ever play the game. Best pro prospect since Calvin Johnson, IMO. He's at minimum a Pro Bowl talent at every position on the field except NT, OT, G, C and (maybe) QB. I think with the right coach and a few years of development he could be better than prime Kaepernick was for SF.

Downside is the knee, but still he's well worth the risk. Near zero possibility of being a bust for any reason other than injury. If he is on the board for the Bears pick and they pass on him because "we already have two middle linebackers thank you very much" I'll go fucking berzerk. I'm pretty immune to getting mad over the Bears at this point, but passing on Jack would do it.

I almost hope he's off the board (he should be) so I dont have to watch the Bears fuck it up.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:20 pm 

America wrote:
Myles Jack is the rare player that you see coming out and immediately know he can be one of the best to ever play the game. Best pro prospect since Calvin Johnson, IMO. He's at minimum a Pro Bowl talent at every position on the field except NT, OT, G, C and (maybe) QB. I think with the right coach and a few years of development he could be better than prime Kaepernick was for SF.

Downside is the knee, but still he's well worth the risk. Near zero possibility of being a bust for any reason other than injury. If he is on the board for the Bears pick and they pass on him because "we already have two middle linebackers thank you very much" I'll go fucking berzerk. I'm pretty immune to getting mad over the Bears at this point, but passing on Jack would do it.

I almost hope he's off the board (he should be) so I dont have to watch the Bears fuck it up.

So let me get this straight.

He is the best pro prospect since Johnson, could be one of the best to ever play the game and maybe with a few years work could be as good as Kaepernick?

:scratch: what the hell is that?

I can just hear the outrage from some if they select him considering his injury status.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
RFDC wrote:
So let me get this straight.

He is the best pro prospect since Johnson, could be one of the best to ever play the game and maybe with a few years work could be as good as Kaepernick?

:scratch: what the hell is that?

I can just hear the outrage from some if they select him considering his injury status.

At QB. I think Jack, put in the right situation, is a good enough athlete and knows the game well enough to be as good at QB as Kaepernick was with Harbaugh.

That wont happen of course, because he could easily be a Hall of Fame LB if his knee holds up.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
I've been breaking down film of LaQuan McGowan TE from Baylor since they dumped Bennett and I'm liking what I'm seeing at the point of attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yao01gq7eUk

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:51 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Here's my first go at the Mock draft this year.

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

I like it. I don't think there's a chance in Hell it goes down this way but I'd be pleased with it.

11: R1P11
QB CARSON WENTZ
NORTH DAKOTA STATE

He's the best QB option in the draft and will really push to make David Fales an even better QB. He won't be here at 11 though.

41: R2P10
RB DERRICK HENRY
ALABAMA

I love a big punishing runner and, while Henry isn't a "run you over" type guy, you aren't going to arm tackle him. He's pretty nifty for a big guy and he hits the hole running downhill. The Bears have never really had a big, fast bruising type that I can remember. I love this guy for the Bears. He won't be here either, though. Maybe a 10% chance.

72: R3P9
S KARL JOSPEH
WEST VIRGINIA

Big hitting safety with injury problems that shouldn't set him back. Would be higher in the draft otherwise. Good value if he's here.

107: R4P8
OLB JAMES COWSER
SOUTHERN UTAH

Big producer from the FCS. Not particularly athletic but good techniques. Good, long-term prospect.

128: R4P29
TE TYLER HIGBEE
WESTERN KENTUCKY

They need a TE. He was productive as a pass-catcher and Cutler likes big targets. He's 6'6".

151: R5P11
5T SHAWN OAKMAN
BAYLOR

Off-field troubles. Top-heavy and unimpressive production against mediocre competition. I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT! He was my guy from last year. I'm sticking with him.

186: R6P10
WR GERONIMO ALLISON
ILLINOIS

I watched the guy. He's good. Very good hands. He killed it at the East-West which earned him an invitation to the Senior Bowl where he killed it again. He's got good size at 6'3". He's a guy that could stick and a good pickup in the 6th.

207: R6P31
WR PAUL MCROBERTS
SE MISSOURI STATE

Another guy that has some buzz. Possible return guy as well. Productive WR and decent size at 6'2".

231: R7P9
RB JOSH FERGUSON
ILLINOIS

There weren't a lot of great choices left at this point. Ferguson is a potential NFL player. Shifty with good hands receiving out the backfield. I-L-L...

I'm quite certain that I'll only do this 34 or 35 more times before the draft so that I can point back and say "I told you they'd pick him" because by that point I will have mock drafted every player in college football to the Bears.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:02 pm 

McRoberts from SE MO has some amazing highlight catches. He is an intriguing guy.

Has the Oakman kid really fallen that far? I guess i haven't kept up with him

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:17 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Has the Oakman kid really fallen that far? I guess i haven't kept up with him

I really think he took his last year off. I saw him 4-5 times and could count on one hand the big plays I saw him make. In the beginning I think his press clippings got him extra attention, but by late October he was all but invisible.

And getting back to Dr. Ken's mock draft, I actually like both Illinois kids a lot for value picks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
NME wrote:
And that 2nd clip I posted of him.. that 1st move he makes after passing the line and the acceleration he shows after getting hit towards the sideline and recovering is reminiscent of some Barry Sanders type shit, and he plays LB lol. That's pretty incredible.

I heard a long segment about MJack on Sirius NFL Radio the other day and several front office guys weighed in--the consensus comp was Kam Chancellor, which is interesting but makes sense.

----------------and some faint praise for Goff. Or not.

Rob Rang and Dane Brugler wrote that "Goff displays passing anticipation downfield, a resilient approach and coordinated feet in the pocket, which are always in sync with his body rhythm and allow him to reset his vision and find the open read. He clearly has room for improvement in several areas, but Goff is the type of quarterback who understands his deficiencies and what he needs to do in order to improve. And that's why scouts are optimistic for his future."
"I hope somebody takes him early, ahead of us," the scout said. "That would be great, drop a good player to us. I'm just not crazy about him, not at all. He doesn't win. Show me a quarterback who didn't win in college, that did well up here? There aren't many. To me he's another Jay Cutler. And you can take that any way you want."

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:09 pm 

DannyB wrote:
I heard a long segment about MJack on Sirius NFL Radio the other day and several front office guys weighed in--the consensus comp was Kam Chancellor, which is interesting but makes sense.

----------------and some faint praise for Goff. Or not.

Rob Rang and Dane Brugler wrote that "Goff displays passing anticipation downfield, a resilient approach and coordinated feet in the pocket, which are always in sync with his body rhythm and allow him to reset his vision and find the open read. He clearly has room for improvement in several areas, but Goff is the type of quarterback who understands his deficiencies and what he needs to do in order to improve. And that's why scouts are optimistic for his future."
"I hope somebody takes him early, ahead of us," the scout said. "That would be great, drop a good player to us. I'm just not crazy about him, not at all. He doesn't win. Show me a quarterback who didn't win in college, that did well up here? There aren't many. To me he's another Jay Cutler. And you can take that any way you want."

I guess he never heard of John Elway. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:46 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Regular Reader wrote:
And getting back to Dr. Ken's mock draft, I actually like both Illinois kids a lot for value picks.

I already voted!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:38 pm 

Here is a home run draft for you

1. Bruckner, DE, Ore- I really cannot make a case for him getting past the Ravens but Fanspeak did so I took him. This is the one guy I want in the draft more than anyone.
2. Chris Jones, DT, Miss St- really like this guy and the Bears have been linked to him all over the place. Multi dimensional DL who can rush the passer from the interior.
3. Zach Sanchez, CB, OK- a cornerback who causes turnovers, which is something this team sorely lacks
4. Nick Vannett, TE, OSU- three down TE who will be a really good complement to Zack Miller next year as a secondary pass catcher but primary blocking TE
5. Scooby Wright, OLB, UA- he is one of those guys who may not have eye popping measureables but simply makes plays...and lots of them at that.
6. Kevin Hogan, QB, Stan- I'm going to take a shot on the smart guy, who was a total team leader and winner. If you are looking for the late round flyer, might as well take a guy who is not going to get lost because of brain matter.
7. Tavon Young, CB, Temple- small but fast. He will stick as a special teamer as both a returner and coverer with the possibility of one day playing CB
8. Deon Bush, S, U- another guy with the type of special teams ability that can make him stick on the team. Should never start at S in the NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Would like to know your kids thoughts on the draft....

Jack from Quincy!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:19 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Shawn Oakman, DE, Baylor- Jay Cutler shows he has more than nine lives with a bounce back season in 2015, turning the team's draft focus away from QB and back onto the pass rush. Oakman is 6'8", 280 pounds and still runs a sub 5 40. He is going to be a Combine darling that the media moves up high on draft boards.

I've already seen mock drafts that have him #1 overall.

I don't know if I've ever seen a once projected 1 of 1 fall quite as far as this kid. And that was before the sexual assault issues.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:26 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

1. Bruckner, DE, Ore- I really cannot make a case for him getting past the Ravens but Fanspeak did so I took him. This is the one guy I want in the draft more than anyone.
2. Chris Jones, DT, Miss St- really like this guy and the Bears have been linked to him all over the place. Multi dimensional DL who can rush the passer from the interior.
3. Zach Sanchez, CB, OK- a cornerback who causes turnovers, which is something this team sorely lacks
4. Nick Vannett, TE, OSU- three down TE who will be a really good complement to Zack Miller next year as a secondary pass catcher but primary blocking TE
5. Scooby Wright, OLB, UA- he is one of those guys who may not have eye popping measureables but simply makes plays...and lots of them at that.
6. Kevin Hogan, QB, Stan- I'm going to take a shot on the smart guy, who was a total team leader and winner. If you are looking for the late round flyer, might as well take a guy who is not going to get lost because of brain matter.
7. Tavon Young, CB, Temple- small but fast. He will stick as a special teamer as both a returner and coverer with the possibility of one day playing CB
8. Deon Bush, S, U- another guy with the type of special teams ability that can make him stick on the team. Should never start at S in the NFL.

No matter what team I have, if I can get Scooby Wright in the fifth round, I feel better about my roster going into the regular season. I love that kid. High motor, high intensity and a leader on the field. His health may be an issue, but after that and the Wunderlich I wouldn't care about his measurables.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:43 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Shawn Oakman, DE, Baylor- Jay Cutler shows he has more than nine lives with a bounce back season in 2015, turning the team's draft focus away from QB and back onto the pass rush. Oakman is 6'8", 280 pounds and still runs a sub 5 40. He is going to be a Combine darling that the media moves up high on draft boards.

I've already seen mock drafts that have him #1 overall.

I don't know if I've ever seen a once projected 1 of 1 fall quite as far as this kid. And that was before the sexual assault issues.

Yeah, I'm backing away slowly...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:44 pm 

Still take him in the 6th though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:32 am 

Still take him in the 6th though.

of course...maybe even the 5th with the Bears having two picks.

I really hope that Aguayo, the kicker from FSU is there in the fifth for the Bears. That is a really good use of having two picks in the same later round. I think everyone realizes that there are better uses for Gould's money.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Kicker might be a position you could fill with a UFA.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:33 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:

no doubt. There are also a lot of good kickers that get cut and bounce around a little before finding a home.

Aguayo has generational talent at the position.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
America wrote:

Ever consider how many plays he had in college? Not just regular plays, but when he got the ball on offense it was tough yards, then he played MLB...dont like a guy with a knee after those MYLES

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
good dolphin wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

no doubt. There are also a lot of good kickers that get cut and bounce around a little before finding a home.

Aguayo has generational talent at the position.

I'm gonna check him out. I've never seen him in action. But the Bears did use a draft pick on a punter so why not. If he's that good, it's worth it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies

fuck you all...I'm going with Jason B's Choices

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:34 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I really hope that Aguayo, the kicker from FSU is there in the fifth for the Bears. That is a really good use of having two picks in the same later round. I think everyone realizes that there are better uses for Gould's money.

I can't imagine that Aguayo will last that long. People may have laughed at Al for drafting Ray Guy & Janikowski in the first round, but they did play for 15 years at Pro Bowl levels. A late 3rd-high 4th seems more in line.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:39 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
People may have laughed at Al for drafting.... Janikowski in the first round,

I think I've been proven right that it was a better pick than Urlacher...[actual quote]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:46 am 

I just knew you'd bring that up. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:36 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I can't imagine that Aguayo will last that long. People may have laughed at Al for drafting Ray Guy & Janikowski in the first round, but they did play for 15 years at Pro Bowl levels. A late 3rd-high 4th seems more in line.

I think he will be gone in the 4th as well. I don't think I'd draft him that high with all the competent kickers out there.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:36 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

Goes undrafted. I blame Dr. Ken for egging me into this pick. I also blame Shawn Oakman for allegedly raping someone and for doing no muscle building on his legs.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:38 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
my first fanspeak draft simulator

1. Deforest Bruckner, DT, Oregon- can play inside or outside and still get to the QB. I hope the Bears run to the podium if he is there.
2. Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson- Jason Bernstein could not be wrong.
3. William Fuller, WR, ND- Bears are lacking the big play receiver (we will see about white). Fuller is Mr. Big Play. He is a natural leader as well
4. Shawn Oakman, DL, Baylor- look at the first post in this thread. I was touting him as a first round pick last year. 4.5 sacks in 2015, inconsistent effort, red flags on personality and skinny legs have this guy dropping like a lead balloon. I think he has the ability to be Fangio's Aldon Smith for the Bears. He is fast enough to play a rush LB. At the same time he is big enough to play DE. I know I have already drafted two DL but I think this guy has a different set of skills than the others and is worth the pick. He has the talent to make this a steal and the attitude to get a GM fired. Definitly worth the risk in the 4th.
5. Roberto Aguyao, K, FSU- Robbie Gould is slipping. That isn't acceptable for his level of pay. It is time to replace him and this is a great opportunity with lots of late draft picks and a top kicker sitting there. This pick saves you money and upgrades the position for a decade.
6. Ben Braunker, TE, Harvard
6b. Brandon Daughty, QB, WKU- I'm taking a flyer on this big playmaker. I've had my eye on him for a awhile. He probably isn't an NFL starter but he is a winner with a big arm
6c. Josh Ferguson, RB, ILL- for Dr. Ken
7. Marquise Williams, QB, UNC- frankly, I forgot I already took a QB. The guy has a lot of interesting skills. He is very mobile with a big but not necessarily accurate arm.

boom! UDFA steak dinner

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:39 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

Can anybody stop the prediction machine that is good dolphin?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:54 pm 

186: R6P10
WR GERONIMO ALLISON
ILLINOIS

I watched the guy. He's good. Very good hands. He killed it at the East-West which earned him an invitation to the Senior Bowl where he killed it again. He's got good size at 6'3". He's a guy that could stick and a good pickup in the 6th.

UDFA. Son of a bitch.

We got Braverman, though.